New York -> Bermuda early October weather

Primerz

Master Builder
I've consulted the Farmer's Almanac and my Magic 8 Ball, but wanted to back those up with some first hand accounts. Obviously, weather is one of those things that is hard to predict and somewhat subjective, but I'd still appreciate hearing from you!

We are cruising from New York to Bermuda in the first week of October and I am trying to get a sense of how warm it will be on the days we're at sea. My kids are hoping it's warm enough for the pool! Has anyone taken this trip at this time of year? Thanks!

I've consulted the Farmer's Almanac and my Magic 8 Ball, but wanted to back those up with some first hand accounts. Obviously, weather is one of those things that is hard to predict and somewhat subjective, but I'd still appreciate hearing from you!

We are cruising from New York to Bermuda in the first week of October and I am trying to get a sense of how warm it will be on the days we're at sea. My kids are hoping it's warm enough for the pool! Has anyone taken this trip at this time of year? Thanks!
Hi Primerz,

We'll be on the Oct. 5 - 10 sailing... is that the same one?
Unfortunately, I don't have any special information about the weather at sea, but I'll say we're coming prepared for anything. My guess is that it won't be great lounging weather, but as long as it's not stormy, we'll definitely do the slides and the aquadunk. Plus, if the weather is on the chilly side, that just means shorter lines and less crowding!

Hi Primerz,

Unfortunately, I don't have any special information about the weather at sea, but I'll say we're coming prepared for anything. My guess is that it won't be great lounging weather, but as long as it's not stormy, we'll definitely do the slides and the aquadunk. Plus, if the weather is on the chilly side, that just means shorter lines and less crowding!
Yes! It's our first Disney Cruise and feeling like I've read everything in advance of the trip and yet still so unprepared in some ways. Ha.

So like you, we'll prepare for everything. You'll know it's us when you see a family of four with 20 pieces of luggage.

Hi Primerz,

Yes! It's our first Disney Cruise and feeling like I've read everything in advance of the trip and yet still so unprepared in some ways. Ha.

So like you, we'll prepare for everything. You'll know it's us when you see a family of four with 20 pieces of luggage.

I am on the Oct 16th sailing to Bermuda out of NYC. Please if you could report back any helpful information would be great. Specfically any of the Halloween happenings. I believe we are supposed to move our clocks forward the first night. Did you cruise far enough overnight for your phone to do it automatically so it was correct to set an alarm for that first morning to wake us up?

Per the Bermuda government web site:

The 2022 Hurricane Season starts tomorrow, June 1, and today the Minister of National Security, the Hon. Michael Weeks confirmed that the Emergency Measures Organisation (EMO) Executive will meet next week to assess Government’s hurricane readiness.

Minister Weeks said, “This is a very familiar time of year for us. Hurricane Season runs from June 1st to November 30th, and to ensure we have the latest information, we’re convening a meeting with partner agencies to make sure everyone is prepared and ready in the event of a serious storm or hurricane.

“We’ve been advised that forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, have predicted above-average hurricane activity this year.

“NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season and is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.

Source: https://www.gov.bm/articles/hurricane-season-2022

It's our first Disney cruise too, the first cruise for our kiddo, and the first cruise in 10 years for my wife and I.

We had a WDW vacation this april, so I have some experience with how their apps work, and how to book activities, etc. We were able to snag some adult beverage tastings, and a dinner at Palo. We've signed up for one of the Princess meet and greets, and booked (what we hope to be) a fun and excursion for our family.

My wife is in a facebook group for this cruise. It's quite active, but there's also some unnecessary stress regarding safe passage and testing (thankfully we're past the check-in hysteria). ha ha. You may already be a member in that?

Per the Bermuda government web site:

The 2022 Hurricane Season starts tomorrow, June 1, and today the Minister of National Security, the Hon. Michael Weeks confirmed that the Emergency Measures Organisation (EMO) Executive will meet next week to assess Government’s hurricane readiness.

Minister Weeks said, “This is a very familiar time of year for us. Hurricane Season runs from June 1st to November 30th, and to ensure we have the latest information, we’re convening a meeting with partner agencies to make sure everyone is prepared and ready in the event of a serious storm or hurricane.

“We’ve been advised that forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, have predicted above-average hurricane activity this year.

“NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season and is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.
If there's any imminent danger, ALL cruise lines change the itineraries. As you can see now, cruise lines are changing their Caribbean itineraries.
I'm not concerned of any danger, but it's certainly possible that seas will be rough, and plans will have to be changed.
In the worst case scenario, a cruise will be canceled.

I am on the Oct 16th sailing to Bermuda out of NYC. Please if you could report back any helpful information would be great. Specfically any of the Halloween happenings. I believe we are supposed to move our clocks forward the first night. Did you cruise far enough overnight for your phone to do it automatically so it was correct to set an alarm for that first morning to wake us up?
Hi ArielRae,

I'll be happy to report back after the cruise (we embark in 2 weeks!). I also found your group on the DisBoards, and have picked up some good info from it!

Saw you tried to post and it didn’t show up. Thanks for saying yes to help with posting info when you sail in 2 weeks. Also I am glad I could help with with the meets thread I created for my sailing. :thumbsup2

We did that cruise mid-Oct 2018, on the heels of a tropical storm. Needless to say we did not have great weather on our sea days. One way (to Bermuda) was much nicer weather than the other! That said, after 7 cruises I think this one might have been my favorite! Enjoy 😊

We are on the Oct 21st so any feedback from people would be great. Also one quick question. We are going to do one day at the beach on Bermuda. Will we be aloud to take towels from the ship to use at the beach? Not sure if anyone has experienced it before but figured it could hurt to ask.

We are on the Oct 21st so any feedback from people would be great. Also one quick question. We are going to do one day at the beach on Bermuda. Will we be aloud to take towels from the ship to use at the beach? Not sure if anyone has experienced it before but figured it could hurt to ask.

Yes you can take towels from the ship but make sure it is not the nice towels from your room. The towels from the pool deck are the ones you want. They will probably offer towels as you exit the ship to grab.

Yes you can take towels from the ship but make sure it is not the nice towels from your room. The towels from the pool deck are the ones you want. They will probably offer towels as you exit the ship to grab.
Great thank you. I am driving up but rather not pack beach towels if I don’t have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter