Newport Bay Club FAQ & Information Thread

We stayed on the admirals floor of Newport Bay Club last summer and I thought the hotel was wonderful! I have some pictures I'll try and post!

Originally posted by Frances999
We stayed on the admirals floor of Newport Bay Club last summer and I thought the hotel was wonderful! I have some pictures I'll try and post!

That will be great! Thanks

Hi All thinking of booking a DLP trip and was wondering what the price difference is on The Admirals Floor. Gaby and I stayed there a few years back. I will not hold any of you to that price its just I am wondering if it worth the extra money.

Thanks

Hi :wave:

The price difference varies but usually isn't too much. If you book a package direct with DLRP then it will probably work out around £50 extra to upgrade a 2 night stay to the admirals floor.

Because NPBC is such a large hotel and often can't cope with the levels of occupancy, going Admirals Floor ensures a more personalised service and the breakfast option available to Admirals guests is defnitely worthwile to avoid the usual breakfast mayhem!

Richard. :)

Thanks richard3330

We will look into it.....

I read that you had stayed in the Walt appartments what was it like..

Silentshot,

We stayed in Walt’s Apartment for the opening of the Disney Studios in 2002.

There are four of them, but not all of them overlook the park. Luckily, as I specifically requested a view of the park we got one of the two with a park view (room 2309). It was amazing. The apartments are beautifully furnished, there is a lounge area (with sofas/chairs/TV) with a superb dining area at the end with lots of great pictures and art on the walls. There is a reclining chair at the opposite end of the lounge and the entrance to the beautiful, large bedroom. It was definitely a trip we will never forget. I would highly recommend saving up for a stay here because it's just amazing. The Castle Club service is just an added bonus!

Richard.

I've frequently read postings about travel locations, but never put in my two cents, until now. I just came back from seven days in France, three at Disneyland and four in Paris. Disneyland, in particular Newport Bay Hotel, was quite a disappointment. The hotel was, as has been noted, unable to cope with the crush of people coming and going. Our room was 450 steps from reception--we counted to make the trip go quicker. It took 10 minutes easy at a brisk pace to make it from our room to the front door. The room was OK, but the shower tile grout was covered with mold--very gross. I kept wishing I had a bottle of bleach. You had very little choice for breakfast and had to select ahead of time or go without. I was really affected by jet lag this time and couldn't make it for the 8 a.m. one morning that we had been pretty much forced to take for lack of anything else. So we went hungry.
The park was mobbed Thursday and Friday and the pushy behavior of some guests left me mildly disturbed. The worst was Friday night when we came out of the Wild West Show to a downpour. Everyone was running from the show and the parks to the buses and it was a mad scramble to get on. The crowd literally pushed an old man on crutches to the side and nearly trampled him. He never made the first bus (nor did I, as I refused to act like an animal). When the second came, the doors opened right in front of me. I and another person waited to let the poor man on crutches go on and we were shoved and pushed violently for our efforts. I was embarrassed for humanity at that point.
If I had to do it again, although I doubt I would go to DLP ever again, I would stay in Paris and take the train for the day. Our hotel in Paris was fabulous, as were the people and it was such a pleasant experience.
I do want to point out that nearly everyone who worked at Newport Bay was kind and courteous, given the circumstances. I felt sorry for them at times because buses would arrive and disgorge dozens of people who thought nothing of pushing and shoving and carrying on, and they tried their darndest to accommodate them. When I needed a hairdryer they sent someone to the room to deliver it (he got quite a workout) and they were generally helpful with things, such as getting tickets to a show. But the whole atmosphere was unpleasant and did not give me a very relaxing feeling.

Sorry about your bad experience :( , Prof47, but thanks for sharing.

It seems to be getting more and more an issue now, regarding the volume of people in the resort causing a problem. I hope this is something that they can try and improve upon over the coming months.

Richard.

A quick question for all you Newport experts.

DS is 18months now and we are looking to book up a 3 day stay in early June. We like the look of the Newport Bay because of the Swimming Pool but are a little concerned about the walk to and from the parks with a tired DS and so are considering switching to the Disneyland Hotel.

The problem with the Disneyland is the lack of decent pool.

So the question is how long does it take to walk to the parks and to Disney Village from the Newport Bay ?

thanks a lot.

We love NPB

It only takes about 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the parks.

The pool is excellent...the pool at DLH should be called a puddle not a pool.

We have stayed at both, but much prefer NPB (Admiral Floor)

Hi Martin

I would say to allow around 15 minutes to walk from Newport Bay Club to The Disneyland Park, and just under 10 minutes to Disney Village.

Personally, I would choose The Disneyland Hotel with young children. I wouldn't say that the Disneyland Hotel pool isn't 'decent' - IMO it does the job and although isn't huge it isn't really tiny either (plus, because the Disneyland Hotel is so small the pool is rarely crowded anyway) and most of your time will be spent in the parks.

Richard. :wave:

I have to disagree on the swimming pool thing. It, of course, depends how long you are spending there, but we tend to go for quite long breaks and liek to use the pools when the park is busy.

For DLP's flagship hotel to have such a small pool is a let down. When we went last year (during a bout of very good weather), the pool and outside garden area was too busy and the pool too cold and too small. What would people say, if this hotel was at WDW!!

On the other hand the NPB hotel has both indoor and outdoor pools and plenty of space for sun bathing / lounging, if the weather is good enough.

We don't just go to DLP for the theme parks, as we use it as a base for visitng other attractions and going into Paris, but we also want time to enjoy the hotel's facilities and the DLH'just isn't up to scratch IMHO.

We will be going may 27 to NBC. Last year, we stayed at DLH and loved it. I have a few questions though...

Do the characters meet and greet you like DLH infront of inventions?
If I had breakfast delivered to my room, what kind of food will they bring and how many people will it feed?
Has anyone every done dinner with characters? And which is the best to go to?

Thanks!

Are there towells in the room?i cant remember if we got them in the seqouia

just curious as to whether to pack towells:confused:

Hi, I bought Simons book on DLP and it was a fantastic help, - having never been adventurous enough to go to another Disney park other than WDW Orlando. I bought APs and got a discount on hotel rooms for November. I liked the theme of NBC and the pool looks good too. I am just wondering is it heated to a nice temperature ? as it has a connecting outdoor pool, I am worried about the cold air cooling the indoor part down too much:(

Hi,

The NPB pool is nicely heated iundoors and is connected to the outdoor pool but I found the temperature wasn't really affected.

The changing areas are clean and tidy and the pool is nicely themed and clean.

It's the best pool at DLP IMHO.

enjoy.

Hi Guys,

I'm going to NBC tommorrow (yipeeeeee!) and i was just wondering if they offered treatments at the health club such a massages? Also does anyone know what are the opening times for the pool/healthclub?

Cheers guys! x x x

Hi, Since this is a thread all about the newport bay hotel, I thought I'd put this question here...

How big are the rooms in the NPB hotel compared to the other hotels?

The only hotels I've stayed at are the NPB and Sequoia lodge so I'm trying to find out which hotel has the better rooms for the money I'm going to pay,

any help would be much appreciated!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter