News Round Up 2016

If there are really many cancellations due to Zika I wonder if we'll start to see more specials on DCL cruises since they go into the heart of the problem.
I don't think we will they can sell out those ships no problem for the most part.

Which actually makes me think there could be some truth to it. Of the 5,000 people surveyed, 800 had trips planned. How many people with trips planned are pregnant or possibly going to get pregnant (i.e. how many are thinking of having another child)? I would bet pretty high. I know if we were in that situation (or thinking of being in that situation within the next 6-8 months), I would cancel my trip.
IDK but 400 travel parties (half of the 800 trips planned that you mentioned) with a person who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant seems kinda high to me. People cancel trips for the unknown factor too...the fact that we don't necessarily know all of the ramifications to those who weren't pregnant at the time of getting zika and at this time people are concerned with the proximity WDW has to the Miami area (though for me it doesn't seem that close). Zika right now is the big scary thing that has some people concerned. I remember when West Nile Virus was the it thing (FWIW there have been 18 deaths from that this year alone, one in my state with 662 total cases of neuroinvasive and non-neuroinvasive disease cases and 120 cases discovered when people donated blood).

I don't mean to downplay Zika at all because it is a really serious issue but more than likely anything large enough that is close to WDW is going to affect some people's plans to go to WDW.

Don't know how accurate this is but WDW News Today is reporting that half of people with reservations for a WDW vacation are canceling due to the Zika threat. There is not any information on who did this survey (maybe Universal Orlando?).

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/09/half-walt-disney-world-vacationers-cancelling-trips-due-zika/

Second paragraph made mention of the following:
based on a 5,000-person survey earlier this month by CivicScience, a Pittsburgh-based consumer polling and research firm cited by Greenfield in a research note Thursday.
Would be more interesting if it were UO. LOL

If there are really many cancellations due to Zika I wonder if we'll start to see more specials on DCL cruises since they go into the heart of the problem.
thats what florida residents and veteran's discounts are all about. but seriously I don't think that many reservations are being cancelled. most likely people are postponing trips that were in the planning stages and frankly the zika virus is in port cities. not orlando and the virus is being contained in those areas. and the international travelers are still coming.

I love the Disney policy of "We'll destroy something you love, then we'll sell you a shirt/hat/item with it's name on it. And you'll buy it - dammit!"

And as I pointed out a few pages ago - I bought an Adventurer's Club sign - so yes guilty.

Yes! We were there last week and saw AC merchandise at Mouse gear--- I refused to buy any of it for this very reason...

The problem with Zika isn't just getting bit, it's that if your partner gets bit he can sexual transmit it to you for up to 2-3 months after the initial infection. For any couple with the possibility of becoming pregnant within the next 6 months I have heard many doctors strongly discourage their patients from traveling to potential Zika areas.

Having said that, I've had more cancellations at work due to the hurricane than the Zika virus, but I have had cancellations. Hotels have had a 50/50 response to allowing free cancellation due to the virus.

Not related to the park update - but Donald Glover as a young Lando in the Han Solo movie would be flippin' fantastic. (I want Donald Glover in everything, though.)

Me too:yay: We just watched The Martian, and he was awesome in that:)

I would have loved to see his take on Spiderman.

He's in the new Spiderman: Homecoming, so while he isn't CURRENTLY Spiderman - there has been no announcement about who is character is...so they could be setting it up (if his character is Miles Morales - look out). Only problem is he's kind of too old - being already in his thirties.

Stopped by WL yesterday if interested.

6003dd15-46ea-4fd9-aca4-1e09d9c40b86.jpg

eef38027-f563-4ade-88ac-c23585ba7611.jpg

2b8765c2-7acd-4f2b-af0f-4981309e6080.jpg

f30536be-faff-4796-9969-cd6fa6fb0393.jpg

f7d673dd-ea05-4950-a3a2-6fb5b1b3ae8f.jpg

a08c9bd5-ae7a-40ad-b100-4d03e74182e3.jpg

46544207-9557-4c4b-8d07-0b3422765d5d.jpg

34cb4faa-e75e-4c1e-9f4f-0863b4bb741b.jpg

a65942c6-962d-4eb2-98c5-83b0a914138f.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter