News Round Up 2016

I saw Moana last night, loved it. Here are some random thoughts but no spoilers:

-my theater was full of adults Just one or two families. It was a 7:50 pm showing, so kind of late but I don't think kids have school tomorrow.
-loved this movie so much more than Frozen, some of the reasons are spoilery
-the short before the movie pretty much made me sob. so much my life :(
-the songs were great, it sounded like Lin Manuel wrote it (which of course he did). If the soundtrack does even half as well as the Hamilton soundtrack Disney should be pleased.
-the pig and chicken are going to sell sooooo much merchandise

I recall reading they took a hit by making too many of a lot of figures that proved to be unpopular (I assume they are buried in the same hole as the Atari E.T. Game cartridges)

Plus I think it was more the cost of the entire studio/department as nothing else was very popular

I am a bit surprised they didn't just move Fisney Infinity to a 3rd party developer and close down the department

I think I'm just so disappointed with Disney gaming overall. Video games are such a huge market and I just cannot believe that they can't get their stuff together with video games. They are missing out on so much money. I love Star Wars video games, and I'm really scared that Disney will mismanage the games, hopefully they stay out of it.

(I assume they are buried in the same hole as the Atari E.T. Game cartridges)
Forgot to mention this one last night...He Larry Us

They are missing out on so much money. I love Star Wars video games, and I'm really scared that Disney will mismanage the games, hopefully they stay out of it.

This I agree with completely. Disney is all about finding ways to get money ($650 cabanas?!?!?)

How can they not find a profit in video gaming?

I was super happy Disney got the Star Wars franchise and was hoping to see some more games (like I have time to play them anymore) But after watching Disney Infinity crash and burn I'm very concerned.

Just contract out the work, I'm sure there are plenty of people that want to make the games. But then I see Disney trying to get as much profit as possible so Hiring the cheapest they can and getting a lesser game for it in the end.

Last edited:
I think I'm just so disappointed with Disney gaming overall. Video games are such a huge market and I just cannot believe that they can't get their stuff together with video games. They are missing out on so much money. I love Star Wars video games, and I'm really scared that Disney will mismanage the games, hopefully they stay out of it.

I'm not surprised. I used to work for a video game company. The industry already underpays all of its employees, and the people who are willing to take a pay cut to work on a game are not infatuated with Disney to the point that they'll take another pay cut. There are also some strict laws in CA to prevent employee abuse specifically targeted toward video game companies. Disney usually relies on being the cool place to work so they can get away with lower pay and worse benefits, and that's just not the case in the video game industry.

I saw Moana last night, loved it. Here are some random thoughts but no spoilers:

-my theater was full of adults Just one or two families. It was a 7:50 pm showing, so kind of late but I don't think kids have school tomorrow.
-loved this movie so much more than Frozen, some of the reasons are spoilery
-the short before the movie pretty much made me sob. so much my life :(
-the songs were great, it sounded like Lin Manuel wrote it (which of course he did). If the soundtrack does even half as well as the Hamilton soundtrack Disney should be pleased.
-the pig and chicken are going to sell sooooo much merchandise

We go see it Friday. Maybe we'll see a second showing of this together instead of Fantastic Beasts;) I already bought a stuffed pig and chicken for DS for xmas. He loves chickens, and it looks exactly like the ones in the Hawaiian islands. I am really looking forward to the movie. They already have a bunch of really cute customizable stuff for the movie at Disney Store.com.

In regards to the question of 'why live action beauty and the beast' its the safe choice.

Hollywood is full of sequels andprequels becauses no one wants to take a chance with the budgets these movies r

I want to write more but the disboards are being so hideously slow and broken for me today on mobile and regular.

I can't either unless it extends property trademark/rights out for another 50 years.

Or could it be that Alice in Wonderland made a BILLION dollars? Then Maleficent made $760 million. Then Cinderella made $543 million, then Jungle Book made $966 million. That's on $200 mil, $180 mil, $95 mil, and $175 mil budgets - so 5 times, 4.2 times, 5,7 times, and 5.5 times budgets.

Basically running off nostalgia, but it pays at the box office big time. (Which Jurassic World and Star Wars 7 basically were as well.) But how can you fault them for doing it? It's printing money. BatB will easily match the $900 million figure.

just had a quick look in the tech support forum, and many have reported the issue. It was suggested to get the "adblock plus" add-on for firefox. I've done that, and it now works as good as it ever did before. Back to normal.

just had a quick look in the tech support forum, and many have reported the issue. It was suggested to get the "adblock plus" add-on for firefox. I've done that, and it now works as good as it ever did before. Back to normal.

OMG!!!! I just installed one, and it's like immediately better. They need to deal with those stupid ads. I don't mind the ads, but it's cutting into the usability of the site, which makes me not want to visit:offtopic: I'm done:)

Or could it be that Alice in Wonderland made a BILLION dollars? Then Maleficent made $760 million. Then Cinderella made $543 million, then Jungle Book made $966 million. That's on $200 mil, $180 mil, $95 mil, and $175 mil budgets - so 5 times, 4.2 times, 5,7 times, and 5.5 times budgets.

Basically running off nostalgia, but it pays at the box office big time. (Which Jurassic World and Star Wars 7 basically were as well.) But how can you fault them for doing it? It's printing money. BatB will easily match the $900 million figure.

Of course I overlooked the obviou$. Stupid me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter