News Round Up 2016

just had a quick look in the tech support forum, and many have reported the issue. It was suggested to get the "adblock plus" add-on for firefox. I've done that, and it now works as good as it ever did before. Back to normal.
I use chrome on a pc at work and have a chromebook & an amazon fire tablet that I use at home have had issues with all 3 devices using disboards for the past week or so. I have to close the tab and reopen the site after I read each page on my amazon fire. I hope they fix this soon!!

This makes me sad. I really wish One Man's Dream would return to only a tribute to Walt and not a movie preview and character meet & greet.
Well the meet and greet is new. I think it's only a matter of time before the whole venue is turned into something else. One mans dream was supposed to be temporary anyways,

um, yay? I've not yet visited the all-star resorts, anyone know if there a particular reason for this at those locations?
No idea. I don't really understand it. It's only whole pizzas too so maybe if you wanted a pizza to take back to the room when you get off the bus but it just seems weird.

Well the meet and greet is new. I think it's only a matter of time before the whole venue is turned into something else. One mans dream was supposed to be temporary anyways,

This makes me sad. I love One Man's Dream. It's like having our own little version of the family museum in Orlando.

This doesn't speak well for the bus wait times :rotfl2:

That's what I was thinking too:rotfl:

No idea. I don't really understand it. It's only whole pizzas too so maybe if you wanted a pizza to take back to the room when you get off the bus but it just seems weird.

It makes perfect sense to me. It's only being offered from 7pm to 10pm. So, it's targeting people returning from the parks.

Without access to proprietary information, this is just conjecture...but I bet they get a lot of calls for pizza delivery later in the evenings. The delivery aspect is labor intensive. A single Cast Member might only be able to deliver a few orders each hour, since the resorts are so spread out. Remove the delivery portion and 1) the company saves on labor costs, and 2) guest satisfaction (probably) improves because they don't have to wait for their food.

Just another view on the new MK cabanas. I could see this being extremely beneficial for families traveling with anyone with a sensory or mobility issue, multiple generations, elderly, etc. how nice would it be to have a guaranteed place to rest, medicate, or gather out of prying eyes.

Exactly.

We have a nephew with needs so it will be perfect for him when they come along. Hope it's all parks eventually.

Just another view on the new MK cabanas. I could see this being extremely beneficial for families traveling with anyone with a sensory or mobility issue, multiple generations, elderly, etc. how nice would it be to have a guaranteed place to rest, medicate, or gather out of prying eyes.

To me this is problematic because it means that wealthy people with special needs have access to this. If this is about accommodating special needs IMO it must be available for everyone. Period. Something akin to an all-ages version of the baby care centers or something. I have no idea what is available in terms of nurses stations, etc.

Let's call a spade a spade. Money grab.

This cabana idea bugs me on so many levels.

To me this is problematic because it means that wealthy people with special needs have access to this. If this is about accommodating special needs IMO it must be available for everyone. Period. Something akin to an all-ages version of the baby care centers or something. I have no idea what is available in terms of nurses stations, etc.
Let's call a spade a spade. Money grab.

This cabana idea bugs me on so many levels.

Wow. Doesn't bother me at all. I just won't use it. Some will and that doesn't bother me either. Good for them. Good for Disney for making them happy.

Last edited:
Why does it s

Wow. Doesn't bother me at all. I just won't use it. Some will and that doesn't bother me either. Good for them. Good for Disney for making them happy.

I don't personally like the literal, on-the-ground separation of guests based on income level. I'm not a fool - I realize that it happens on every level at Disney, from resorts to restaurants to special parties and experiences, BBB, whatever. The cabanas are just such a literal separation, in the most iconic of the parks. I just find it distasteful. It's the Magic Kingdom, not some beach in Cancun or something.

IMO part of Disney magic is a bunch of different guests having shared experiences, not only within families or groups but within the entire guest population. It's a romantic idea idea, probably kind of naive, and admittedly not always or even often the case. BUT, at it's best, that's what Disney is to me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter