News Round Up 2017

So if you have a room only reservation, your FP+ stay with you as long as you cancel the room within 30 days? That seems crazy!

Again, I haven't tried it, so I don't know this for sure, but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Your room reservations and your FP+ reservations are tied to your MDE, not necessarily to eachother - so if you canceled your room with less than 30 days, I would think the FP+ reservations would stay on MDE, since they would still be valid at that point.

I would seriously doubt it is a major problem. Very few FP+ are difficult to get at 30 days out - as far as I know just the Frozen and sometimes 7DMT. With avatar I suppose you could see a surge in this occurring. The way to prevent it of course would be to link the FP+ reservations with the room - and therefore canceling the room would also cancel the FP+. This would really stink for someone that wasn't trying to game the system, but just made a change because for instance they were staying with friends instead of on-site.

Not sure it matters with rooms because last minute bookings will take care of those at a higher price but....I was looking today and there are no campsites open for the weekend of Pandora, so if you have an RV it could be a problem.

I've never done it, but this loophole HAS occurred to me...book a room on-site and then cancel when there are less than 30 days left so you don't invalidate your FP+. Not sure how they would close the loophole in that case, because with less than 30 days out your FP+ is now valid whether you are on-site or not. Doubt it's a huge problem, but if it is you can bet Disney will start tracking it and try to figure out a way around it.

I may be wrong but if they move the the cancellation date to like 40 days to get a refund wouldn't that fix the problem?

Not sure it matters with rooms because last minute bookings will take care of those at a higher price but....I was looking today and there are no campsites open for the weekend of Pandora, so if you have an RV it could be a problem.

Getting a site at Ft. Wilderness inside of 6 months is hard at a regular time. Trying to get it for a "special" event you would need to be real lucky at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if the campsites at The Fort carry the highest occupancy rates on property. The cabins maybe not so much.

So if you have a room only reservation, your FP+ stay with you as long as you cancel the room within 30 days? That seems crazy!

Your FP+ stay with you even if you cancel before 30 days. I've cancelled a room-only reservation after booking FP+ because I decided to change resorts. My FP+ stayed on MDE - I didn't need to rebook them.

I've never done it, but this loophole HAS occurred to me...book a room on-site and then cancel when there are less than 30 days left so you don't invalidate your FP+. Not sure how they would close the loophole in that case, because with less than 30 days out your FP+ is now valid whether you are on-site or not. Doubt it's a huge problem, but if it is you can bet Disney will start tracking it and try to figure out a way around it.

Isn't there a $200 cancellation fee for rooms cancelled within 30 days of arrival? Last night I booked a room at Boardwalk for our May trip, then my fiancee got a PIN email literally a couple minutes after we paid. So I cancelled the room in my name so we could rebook under her name to get the discount. I'm pretty sure I saw some fine print saying a $200 cancellation fee will be applied if we cancel within 30 days of arrival, but I could be wrong.

Your FP+ stay with you even if you cancel before 30 days. I've cancelled a room-only reservation after booking FP+ because I decided to change resorts. My FP+ stayed on MDE - I didn't need to rebook them.

Well then this negates what I just posted above. If you can book a FP 60 days out, then cancel your room with 30 days or more prior to arrival, and those FP are retained on your account, then the cancellation fee doesn't matter.

Isn't there a $200 cancellation fee for rooms cancelled within 30 days of arrival? Last night I booked a room at Boardwalk for our May trip, then my fiancee got a PIN email literally a couple minutes after we paid. So I cancelled the room in my name so we could rebook under her name to get the discount. I'm pretty sure I saw some fine print saying a $200 cancellation fee will be applied if we cancel within 30 days of arrival, but I could be wrong.
This fee is for packages cancelled within 30 days. Room only reservations don't apply.

There is a whole thread about throwaway room on the TPAS forum
https://www.disboards.com/threads/throwaway-room-update.3539209/

Go over there to check out what people routinely do...

That's a slight difference - that says booking a room for a single/mulitple nights to take advantage of the on-site perks such as parking and EMH / MB and such. I guess the theory there would be if you have a larger party staying in a 2-/3- bedroom off-site resort, you could book a cheap room to get the on-site perks. I don't see why there would be any issue with someone doing this, as you are paying for the on-site room, you deserve the perks. Seems strange to me though.

Isn't there a $200 cancellation fee for rooms cancelled within 30 days of arrival? Last night I booked a room at Boardwalk for our May trip, then my fiancee got a PIN email literally a couple minutes after we paid. So I cancelled the room in my name so we could rebook under her name to get the discount. I'm pretty sure I saw some fine print saying a $200 cancellation fee will be applied if we cancel within 30 days of arrival, but I could be wrong..

That's the package cancelation fee. Room only I think cancellation is 5 or 7 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter