News Round Up 2017

I didn't see the 'Big Announcement' was it just to announce a chance to win the ultimate fan experience for their charity Force For Change? If that is it, I feel like that is a lot of hype for a big announcement.

Predictions for Star Wars Celebration?

1) Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi teaser or trailer. If this does not happen, I feel like it is bad sign for the potential of the movie (which looked ahead of schedule) may be behind schedule.

2) Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi reel. For some reason, the past two years at conventions Disney keeps pushing these reels of the new movies. They are great, but we all know what we really want is actual footage.

3) Han Solo - A Star Wars Story - movie title. I feel like this may be needed sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen now there are a few more chances at ComicCon and D23. However, I feel by D23 they may have some type of teaser possibly. Although I feel like a teaser would happen in Octoberish and trailer for The Last Jedi.

4) Announce new stand alone movie. I feel like this is something that could very likely happen especially with some of the actors that are showing up. Odds are the next stand alone movie will be a Obi-Wan movie, or maybe Boba Fett or something with bounty hunters. Possibly something with the Old Republic.

5) The Re-release of the original versions of the original trilogy. This is something that almost every hardcore Star Wars fan desires to see again even if only in theaters. It is the 40th anniversary so maybe we will get lucky.

6) A live action show announcement. Who knows if this is actually going to happen or not. If it does, if an announcement would come this soon.

7) A new animated series announcement. I feel like this is more likely then a live action show announcement.

Let me know what you all think will happen at Star Wars Celebration.

5) The Re-release of the original versions of the original trilogy. This is something that almost every hardcore Star Wars fan desires to see again even if only in theaters. It is the 40th anniversary so maybe we will get lucky.

I don't know much about the situation, but doesn't 20th Century Fox have lifetime rights to the original trilogy?

I didn't see the 'Big Announcement' was it just to announce a chance to win the ultimate fan experience for their charity Force For Change? If that is it, I feel like that is a lot of hype for a big announcement.

1) Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi teaser or trailer. If this does not happen, I feel like it is bad sign for the potential of the movie (which looked ahead of schedule) may be behind schedule.

2) Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi reel. For some reason, the past two years at conventions Disney keeps pushing these reels of the new movies. They are great, but we all know what we really want is actual footage.

3) Han Solo - A Star Wars Story - movie title. I feel like this may be needed sooner rather than later. If it doesn't happen now there are a few more chances at ComicCon and D23. However, I feel by D23 they may have some type of teaser possibly. Although I feel like a teaser would happen in Octoberish and trailer for The Last Jedi.

4) Announce new stand alone movie. I feel like this is something that could very likely happen especially with some of the actors that are showing up. Odds are the next stand alone movie will be a Obi-Wan movie, or maybe Boba Fett or something with bounty hunters. Possibly something with the Old Republic.

6) A live action show announcement. Who knows if this is actually going to happen or not. If it does, if an announcement would come this soon.

7) A new animated series announcement. I feel like this is more likely then a live action show announcement.

#5 our your choices would be my favorite, for now.

As far as trailers, I think at most they would release is the teaser trailer. When they released the full-length trailer for Episode IIV, it was in the Fall, during Monday Night Football. I can't see them doing it in early Spring, this time.

Here's my fantasy announcement: Although I initially joked about this in this thread, the more time I've had to think about it, I really want them to remake Episodes I through III. In 2024, it will be 25 years since the release of Episode I, and they may have run out of good standalone ideas by then...

Yes the charity force for change initiative was the announcement.

Yes, I watched it 3 times, and I understand your concern, but I think that what Disney excels at, is complex story building and long range, thoughtful, story development. I think even a cursory glance at the ancillary material coming from the star wars story group (novels, comics, TV) would show they have a direction above and beyond rebooting an old story. Those elements that follow a familiar arc, I feel do so more as homage than crutch.
The Force Awaken's wa's a bridge and introduction, just as A New Hope was. We didn't come close to fully understanding the story being told until well into Empire. I think this next movie will reveal much more about what and whose story is being told.

If you would have told people after the orginal release of star wars, that the story being told was actually the tragedy of Darth Vader, or the fall and reredemption of Anakin Skywallkern they would have laughed at you.

We dont yet know if this is Luke's story or Rey's story or Kylo Ren's or Snokes.

This movie introduced us to a moment in time and a group of characters. The next will be the movie we start to understand the story.
I assume it will be both new and compelling. If you do not, then I find your lack of faith disturbing

Sometimes skepticism is toxic...sometimes it is healthy.

I tend to deal in type "a"...but this time I think it's more a "b"

Mostly...you agree with me (I think)...but there's enough benefit of the doubt in there to fill the Grand Canyon. We shall see.

I've heard rumors of a Knights of the Old Republic game reboot. This is huge for SW video game fans. They could announce that. I've been halfway tempted to go downstairs and waylay someone coming out of the SW EA games division whose office is below mine...maybe I could get someone to slip and give out some info.

I've heard rumors of a Knights of the Old Republic game reboot. This is huge for SW video game fans. They could announce that. I've been halfway tempted to go downstairs and waylay someone coming out of the SW EA games division whose office is below mine...maybe I could get someone to slip and give out some info.
That would be awesome. I went looking for my computer copy a few weeks ago. Was going to break it out again for another round. But sadly I could only find 3 of the 4? CDs. Just an epic game.

Sometimes skepticism is toxic...sometimes it is healthy.

I tend to deal in type "a"...but this time I think it's more a "b"

Mostly...you agree with me (I think)...but there's enough benefit of the doubt in there to fill the Grand Canyon. We shall see.

I think it's definitely more healthy in this situation. Those of us who have been fans as long as we can remember can get too easily hyped up and disappointed. Due to the way movie studios operate now (favoring little to no risk) we are more likely to see more generic offerings that appeal to a wide base. It's fine, I think it forces us to see this for what it is, a two hour distraction from otherwise tedious life.

I think it's definitely more healthy in this situation. Those of us who have been fans as long as we can remember can get too easily hyped up and disappointed. Due to the way movie studios operate now (favoring little to no risk) we are more likely to see more generic offerings that appeal to a wide base. It's fine, I think it forces us to see this for what it is, a two hour distraction from otherwise tedious life.

It's a different scenario...but isn't it eerily familiar how some of the comments made about TFA are EXACLTY the same kinda wishful thinking that you heard until 5 minutes before attack of the clones played?

The snoke story is interesting...I would say...

I honestly couldn't care less about Rey's lineage...though she can still be a great character if they write good story for her.

The solo family drama does nothing for me. I actually liked driver but they basically telegraphed that character. Ford cashed a check...and fisher was bad and they have more problems there now.

It would have been ok if they rehashed the story...or ok if they rehashed the character archetypes...but didn't they do both?

Don't Finn and Poe seem like the same types of characters mixed in a blender and spit back out again? Forced...no pun intended.

...I dunno...I'm hopeful but skeptical and not particularly confident.

Again...the directors ego stroking of Lucas and the PREQUELS in comments make me mucho nervoso...

One thing that Gareth Edwards did well was revere the stories/characters in his press tour...didn't talk much about old Jorge.

When you talk about him you drag 3 bad prequels and a bad Indy sequel back into the room and carry that baggage...its good for the makers of Tums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter