News Round Up 2017

Not to make things worse for those who won't be able to ride but I leave Jan. 9th so I will have a chance to ride prior to the second refurb thankfully. I don't think I have ever seen them do this before with an attraction.
Yeah IDK this is just strange to me. I mean I got it (after a while of course lol) that this refurb makes sense if they are preparing it for the 50th when it was during my trip but yeah. I'm just a bit perplexed here.

That’s just it tho, they don’t like to take two headliners down at the same time. If splash is down pirates won’t go down until after that at the earliest.

I don’t trust this. We’ve never seen them do this with a refurb before but yet they are. They won’t want to do it at spring break time...

I don’t trust this. We’ve never seen them do this with a refurb before but yet they are. They won’t want to do it at spring break time...
It depends on how long they need an attraction down. Feb - March is very possible. MK doesn’t have the capacity to take two major rides down. When more than one headliner breaks down during the day crowding is a huge issue.

That’s just it tho, they don’t like to take two headliners down at the same time. If splash is down pirates won’t go down until after that at the earliest.
So does that mean Hall of Presidents isn't considered a headliner? I mean I don't think it got the traffic like pirates for sure but I don't know Disney considers it a headliner or not.

Couple of things.

1) We have Splash FPs for December - I get that it will be open, but if it was just refurbed, and will go down again in jan, is it going to be perfectly safe? Why need to take it down again so soon?

2) We always take candy and treats home with us. Will I need to put them in hold luggage now?

Splash will be there the next time, I promise...everyone can step back off the ledge now...

The thing I disagree with is reopening...just keep it closed. People will complain there isn't something to do? Well that's the nature of the beast, isn't it?

Splash - and I've never waivered - is the pinnacle of WDI designed attractions in my opinion...the integration of story and system that they should and used to be strived for...
...but it's maintenance has been shoddy for over 15 years and I never saw the point in running it into the ground.

It sucks when it's down...no question...but the ends ultimately justify the means.

Couple of things.

1) We have Splash FPs for December - I get that it will be open, but if it was just refurbed, and will go down again in jan, is it going to be perfectly safe? Why need to take it down again so soon?

2) We always take candy and treats home with us. Will I need to put them in hold luggage now?

Safe? Are you serious? Disney has just a "few" lawyers on retainer...I don't think you have an issue there...

Second, I wouldn't put candy in your luggage...you may not like what you find later...

And as an aside - what's this thing about transporting candy? Is this something new?

Safe? Are you serious? Disney has just a "few" lawyers on retainer...I don't think you have an issue there...

Second, I wouldn't put candy in your luggage...you may not like what you find later...

And as an aside - what's this thing about transporting candy? Is this something new?

I mean, I know this, but refurbs are also about safety. Things are going downhill there, and why open something that is not ready?

Well, in all fairness, not everyone goes multiple times a year and has a "next time". My sister is planning a January trip for the first time in 17 years. Definitely not a regular visitor.

Generally speaking I would agree...but we're on the Disboards here...you know?

Not exactly "casual" territory...

Still sucks, I know.
...there's always a fireworks viewing party?:duck:

Splash will be there the next time, I promise...everyone can step back off the ledge now...

The thing I disagree with is reopening...just keep it closed. People will complain there isn't something to do? Well that's the nature of the beast, isn't it?

Splash - and I've never waivered - is the pinnacle of WDI designed attractions in my opinion...the integration of story and system that they should and used to be strived for...
...but it's maintenance has been shoddy for over 15 years and I never saw the point in running it into the ground.

It sucks when it's down...no question...but the ends ultimately justify the means.
This is our last trip. Ever. We can't go again. I mean, it's a theme park ride, and if any are down, then so be it, but, there isn't always a next time.

I mean, I know this, but refurbs are also about safety. Things are going downhill there, and why open something that is not ready?

Splash mountain is loaded with animatronics and has 400,000 gallons of paint on it...so there is a lot to "maintain"...
...but the ride system is just a log flume...nothing to worry about as far as time, one would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter