News Round Up 2017

This is our last trip. Ever. We can't go again. I mean, it's a theme park ride, and if any are down, then so be it, but, there isn't always a next time.

Very unfortunate.

...there are rides that I wish were never closed. Splash would be at the very top of the list.

The problem is it's January...and a full calendar gives them little options due to the modern dispersion of the crowd.

And they dont "bust hump" to get things done anymore...the original stewards would pour concrete at 3 am to get things done...that died years ago. It's all "measured" these days.

just saw that and perhaps I have just been totally distorted by Disney pricing but that seems really not that bad. $2,775 for a family of 4 at Coronado for 5 nights, 4 day park hoppers with all the extras including special EMH to Pandora? That's not really that bad considering that is peak time to go with schools being out

It does seem like a good deal, no dining though.

Also I noticed the tems Junior and Child. Is there some differentiation now between a tweener and adult?

It does seem like a good deal, no dining though.

Also I noticed the tems Junior and Child. Is there some differentiation now between a tweener and adult?

A junior is 10-17...and things used to be priced differently. But it hasn't mattered for 15 years.

I think there are still some technicalities as far as occupancy goes, however.

I am interested in why it needs a second refurb after being down from Aug. 28th to Nov. 16th, 2017.

Disney..."Lets reopen the attraction for the busiest time of the year."
Guests..."YAY!!!"
Disney..."We weren't done with our refurb yet, so we will be closing again for one more month."
Guests..."NO!!! WHY?!?!?!"

I am thinking they realized they wouldn't be able to get everything done before the holiday crowds come so probably doing what they can to get it working and then finishing up with what is needed after the new year

Couple of things.

1) We have Splash FPs for December - I get that it will be open, but if it was just refurbed, and will go down again in jan, is it going to be perfectly safe? Why need to take it down again so soon?

They would never (re)open a ride if it wasn't safe ... I would think a legit concern might be that not all the animatronics are working/working properly or some painting still needs to be done.

Couple of things.

1) We have Splash FPs for December - I get that it will be open, but if it was just refurbed, and will go down again in jan, is it going to be perfectly safe? Why need to take it down again so soon?

2) We always take candy and treats home with us. Will I need to put them in hold luggage now?

Splash is definitely more safe than the treats you take home ! pirate: Them things slowly get you....

Food is still allowed but it means that they have to search the bag which slows you down through the checkpoint. Unless you have TSA pre-check. (Fast pass for MCO).

is it something specific that they are searching for that they are focusing on candy to go through?

is it something specific that they are searching for that they are focusing on candy to go through?

It's not just candy. I had trail mix several times and that always triggered it as well. My guess is the x-ray image with Candy or trail mix looks like something that don't want going through, hence the extra security.

It's not just candy. I had trail mix several times and that always triggered it as well. My guess is the x-ray image with Candy or trail mix looks like something that don't want going through, hence the extra security.

ok, just wondering as usually if there is a specific change of action it is in response to something so wondering if someone hid something within a bag of candy or something and now they are trying to catch that/stop it

ok, just wondering as usually if there is a specific change of action it is in response to something so wondering if someone hid something within a bag of candy or something and now they are trying to catch that/stop it

It started around April of this year. Most likely with all the candy flowing through MCO it came to a head this week.

This isn't a change. Food was always allowed through security. It was (and still is) liquids that are prohibited.
Food wasn't always allowed. I have had friends take food through security that were then told that they had to take it and not give it back. I have had food go through security where I totally forgot was there and be told that they had to throw it away.

I know the rule might have changed now. I just didn't "realize" it until on my trip to MCO in September where the family in front of us had 10 BINS full of just food and snacks (not including their carry on bags themselves). Then all 10 of their food bins had to be thoroughly checked before our one carry-on bag. To make it worse, only one TSA agent was checking bags/bins at our security line so it took us about 20-30 minutes for us just standing at security before we could go. People should either put their food in their checked luggage unless they have a specific health issue that requires them to eat certain food. There is plenty of food options in MCO.

I'm pretty ignorant to the world of marketing, but my opinion (not that it's worth much) is that this was a classy response.

I fast forwarded through some new disney ads during football this weekend that had the typical families enjoying characters in empty parks...
...this Might have been one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter