• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2017

Lead paint was banned officially in 1978...
...but the reality is it was hardly used after 1960 when latex (water based) improved. Lead was far more costly and heavy.

...yeah...tiptoed into my minefield on this one as well.

Not directly related to your story but since lead was brought up lol

I worked for a Halloween store for 3 years seasonly in college. The 2nd year I worked before the store opened for business for the season we actually had to go through ALL the product sent to our store location (which some was product left over from our exact store location the year before) and use a lead detecting device and anything that showed positive had to be boxed up and sent back to the company's headquarters. That was back in 2008?? It was really shocking how much product actually tested positive for lead. Now I don't know if the device they were using (and I'm having a hard time remembering what exactly the device was) was a higher quality one so it's possible things were testing positive when they weren't really containing lead but still. Just about all items though (and I don't say this with any offense meant) were from China.

It was an xrf detector...metal analyzed using a sealed nuclear source.

So why aren't you getting your own attraction pavilion in EPCOT? That's a better reason than Peter Quill's.

I'm hoping they let the Imagineers go crazy with Epcot's GotG ride, including all sorts of classic EPCOT easter eggs ... With the Marvel Cosmic theme, they can use the Time Gem (infinity stone) as an excuse to bring in all sorts of retro EPCOT references like Horizons, World of Motion etc ... If they want to take away the science from Future World, they should at least leave some loving homages in the GotG coaster.

As one of those people it definitely sucks but I was expecting it at his point.
so bummed - we have been planning for years to do the star wars races as a family in 2019 - I am not feeling like it will be back by then. January is the only time we can escape, and we live pretty far from FL to make a "quick trip" for a race. my wheels are spinning to figure out how we can pull one off.

so bummed - we have been planning for years to do the star wars races as a family in 2019 - I am not feeling like it will be back by then. January is the only time we can escape, and we live pretty far from FL to make a "quick trip" for a race. my wheels are spinning to figure out how we can pull one off.
Yeah I wanted to do Star Wars in 2018 originally. Then after the wait I decided to forgo those plans. I will now take a few trips to WDW in 2018 instead. I am doing Marathon Weekend 2018 and hopefully Wine and Dine Weekend in 2018. D23 Expo is now hopefully the plan for 2019 with no WDW trips.

Wow that’s quick.

I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but I think being surprised by the fact they they are adding something so quickly really shows how good of a job Disney has done with conditioning their guests to not only not expect quick updates, but be impressed by it. I'm not saying we should feel entitled in the parks, and expect everything to go our way, but being impressed that, arguably, the leader in entertainment is able to produce a 2 minute CGI clip and program, maybe, new motion to a ride vehicle just feels silly to me.

I'm no expert on updating Star Tours, but I feel an update like this should be quick, should be easy, and should be expected to be released in conjunction with the premiere of the new movie.

I'm sure I'm reading too much into this, but I think being surprised by the fact they they are adding something so quickly really shows how good of a job Disney has done with conditioning their guests to not only not expect quick updates, but be impressed by it. I'm not saying we should feel entitled in the parks, and expect everything to go our way, but being impressed that, arguably, the leader in entertainment is able to produce a 2 minute CGI clip and program, maybe, new motion to a ride vehicle just feels silly to me.

I'm no expert on updating Star Tours, but I feel an update like this should be quick, should be easy, and should be expected to be released in conjunction with the premiere of the new movie.

I don't think it's so much that it's quick but that it comes out a month before the movie does. The TFA addition didn't happen until the movie premiere.

I would love them to add that aspect to a lot of their simulator - imagine Flight of Passage with various and randomized scenes or even Soarin'

It would be nice if Soarin at least alternated between the old and new film. Or whichever one was more popular had 2 theaters and the other had 1, and you could choose which one you want. There are things I like better about the new one, but overall the old film is so much better IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter