News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hesitant at first but I have grown to really love Apple Music. Helps they give a student discount too.

part if my issue (and I know it is a "me" thing) is I am still not used to having to pay for a music subscription like that - so I don't pay for any

I was in college during the height of Napster - so used to just having whatever music I want, not paying a monthly fee for it

part if my issue (and I know it is a "me" thing) is I am still not used to having to pay for a music subscription like that - so I don't pay for any

I was in college during the height of Napster - so used to just having whatever music I want, not paying a monthly fee for it
I get that but it does help save money compared to buying each song on iTunes or buying physical albums.

I don't like to pay either. I just use Pandora with the skipping limitations and the ads and then use Amazon Prime music and then YouTube. That said my husband signed up for a trial for Spotify a while back and then just never cancelled. I guess we sorta decided to keep that one and it does get heavily used. I will say that has come in handy a ton when traveling especially on an airplane when you need to be in airplane mode.

I have finally given in and gotten a subscription, however, it's to Amazon Music. I have Alexa all over my house and Alexa doesn't play well with Apple Music. So even though I have an iphone, I'll be sticking to Amazon's music service. I wish there was more disney stuff on it though.

My son and I ate out on the balcony area overlooking the courtyard and found it to be a nice, peaceful break from the crowds.
I like the theming but would have loved more in your face Muppets detail. I had big hopes for it when it opened but it fell short. However, that balcony area is gorgeous and a real treat. I've toured through the restaurant 2 or 3 x now but haven't eaten. I agree with others that WDW knows how to make good food but didn't try here. Seems like the Pizza Planet pillow pizzas had always been a steady seller esp for families with tired kids who craved bland comfort food. WDW went for safe and predictable and made that the main ticket but it just didn't transfer over to Rizzo. Sweetums could literally fire a cannon through the joint it was so empty when it was actually open. I doubt that they want to invest much more time or $ into Rizzos at this point.

What does Amazon have in terms of Disney music? The Pandora soundtrack has been on Apple Music for a while now. Apple also has all the music from the Play Disney Parks app.

Having had both Apple and Amazon music subscriptions (free trials :) ) If you are looking for PARKS music, it's in the Apple services. I was unable to find much in Amazon's library, but as noted previously, they do have lots of movie soundtracks.

Sweetums has a cannon? Cool! pirate: ARGHHHHHHH!
Sweetums got it all :-) pirate:

nIEpkgq.gif

I still have a huge Disney song collection from the Napster/Limewire/etc. days. I just go to YouTube if I want to listen to park area music.

Me too, but MAYBE, I had to purchase larger hard drives to accommodate a larger database. :thumbsup2

It would have been interesting to have a parallel universe to see how many artists would have been catapulted to "famedom", without a full-blown corporate labeled PR campaign, if copyright laws weren't "enforced". Capitalism. :)

Looks like you have to have an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription to get that album. It's not included in Prime Membership.

Some of those songs I have on my Spotify playlist but of course that is also a monthly subscription.
That is correct, but Prime Music does also have this Disney Classics compilation album which has a lot of the same parks music:

https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Classics-Various-artists/dp/B00G9Y6U3W/

Edit: sorry, maybe that one is on Amazon Music too, can't tell which since I'm signed in... but I am a fan of their Unlimited service which does include some good Disney World content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter