News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Sort of expected at this point but no roaming droids in SWGE at opening

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/roaming-i...not-appear-when-star-wars-galaxys-edge-opens/

From what I’ve heard, roaming characters might be exclusive to “events” and not available to day guests for the initial run, so maybe not cut out entirely yet. So this would make sense, and with the crowds I just don’t see how they could have them around anyways. It didn’t take them long to add a few in Pandora after the crowds leveled out either, so I’m still hopeful on this front.

From what I’ve heard, roaming characters might be exclusive to “events” and not available to day guests for the initial run, so maybe not cut out entirely yet. So this would make sense, and with the crowds I just don’t see how they could have them around anyways. It didn’t take them long to add a few in Pandora after the crowds leveled out either, so I’m still hopeful on this front.
Agreed. Like you said with Pandora they added things later on so I hope this is the same.

There will be hundreds of droids around anyway, just being carried in backpacks. So yes right now no roamers, but its not like SWGE will be totally droidless you will be hit left and right by them from people who dont realize they have something swinging from there back in a tightly packed area

Well said, thank you for making my point a bit more coherently.

All corporations make charitable contributions, but this is largely a PR play, there are more needy organization's in Disney's headquarter's backyard's in both Anaheim and Orlando.

Regarding the "why not both or all" argument, it is in a fact a zero sum game in this case where a donation to this cause by Disney, will directly impact their decision to not donate to another cause, because they have budgets for these things. There is not an unlimited donation pool that they have to dip into.

I also don't like this when they are cutting cast member hours and benefits packages at every chance they get.

/rant over (im done I promise).
I don't want to get into the debate about worthiness, but almost all corporate donations are done for PR, lobbying, or influence. The possible exception to this is when done as an employee benefit where they match employee's donations to random charities. But even then they use it as PR with "Us and our Employees donated $10.5M to local charities in 2018."

Last edited:
I was shocked when I read that last line. I wonder if ratatouille will get pushed back to spread out the openings.
I don't think Disney cares anymore since they are opening the most anticipated land ever built in any Theme Park and they are also starting their most popular EPCOT Festival on the same day. I don't think opening attractions really close to each other is going to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter