News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Makes it seem more 'custom' and not 'assembly line pre-mixed' I suppose. I'm not sure if it's the color or what, but no matter how they serve it or describe it, these 2 drinks look so unappealing to me. The green one more than the blue one... that color is just nauseating to look at to me.

we tried the blue with alcohol and we agreed it tasted like a pina colada. 2 thumbs up! don't let some simple dye keep you from trying something new. :teeth: it'll taste the same if it was pink or black or orange.

I'm not sure how I can see the argument that FP+ offers any type of advantage.

Advantage to who? Fastpass allows the park experience to be stratified by class, while keeping the lower classes from realizing what's been done to them. We don't even scowl at our lords as they cut the line, because there are enough commoners mixed in to keep them anonymous. If you're having trouble getting an SDD fastpass it's an indication of your class rather than trouble with the system itself.

FP+ is a raging success when measured against it's goals.

We don't rope drop anymore and like to sleep in on vacation. The old system didn't work for people who like to arrive at the parks mid afternoon.
I despised the sprint to the FP kiosks. I prefer FP+. Disney spent way too much on the system to ever go backward. Plus it provides them with tons of data. I could see them limiting it to 2 and making more for a price. They still want the data they are collecting, but monetizing part of the system is probably on the horizon.

We don't rope drop anymore and like to sleep in on vacation. The old system didn't work for people who like to arrive at the parks mid afternoon.

That mad rush to TSMM was the absolute worst, especially when you got there right at opening and wound up with a fastpass for 4pm.
We went to DLP and DL in the past couple years and really did not enjoy going back to the old paper fastpasses.

It will happen.
Disney created a product (skipping the lines) .. it is now in high demand (as is obvious with people paying for Early Morning Magic and After Hours events .. or booking pre-park opening breakfasts JUST to be the first line for rides.

Nightmare or not .. it will be shocking if it doesn't happen . .and soon.

It could be why Smugglers Run doesn't have a FP .. maybe they will just introduce a FP premium tier .. and the only way to get a FP for Smugglers Run is to pay for it ($X / day).
My guess is they will drop free fast passes to 2 .. limit it to certain attractions and make a premium tier for the high-demand rides that people pay for.
In theory . .that should help. Gives people an option to get those high-demand Fast passes (without having to book a 7 day resort stay) and should make the standby lines shorter as less people will be getting Fast Passes.

People WILL pay for it .. no doubt.

I think first that Disney will drop the ability for all guests to get free FP+ after the first 3 by the end of 2020 (unless the coming recession is really bad).

At the same time Disney will start selling access for the 90 day 3FP+ to everyone staying 3 consecutive nights at one of the Deluxe resorts.

Finally I think that Disney will start selling access for a 60 day 1FP+ to everyone staying 3 consecutive nights at the Moderate resorts.

Had a thought here...

How about actual tiered FP+ system where you don't pick anything (for the free 3FP+ system)

None of this stupid 60 days of planning your ride touring plan needed. You scan into the park tapstyle and boom you have one Tier 1 FP+ and two Tier 2 FP+. You pick the ride you pick the time you use it.
The flip side of it is the removal of the free 4th, 5th or 6th FP+ for the paid system that Disney is no doubt going for.

But still imagining walking up see what the standby time is and decide right then and there if you want to use your FP+ for it or not. No 60 day planning rides, no day of refreshing for a better time or better ride in that tier and no showing up to use your FP+ to see that the standby line only is 1/4 of what it would typically be and feel like you wasted it.

Had a thought here...

How about actual tiered FP+ system where you don't pick anything (for the free 3FP+ system)

None of this stupid 60 days of planning your ride touring plan needed. You scan into the park tapstyle and boom you have one Tier 1 FP+ and two Tier 2 FP+. You pick the ride you pick the time you use it.
The flip side of it is the removal of the free 4th, 5th or 6th FP+ for the paid system that Disney is no doubt going for.

But still imagining walking up see what the standby time is and decide right then and there if you want to use your FP+ for it or not. No 60 day planning rides, no day of refreshing for a better time or better ride in that tier and no showing up to use your FP+ to see that the standby line only is 1/4 of what it would typically be and feel like you wasted it.

I think that is good in theory but wouldn't work in practice as majority of people would pick same/similar tier 1 FP .... So for FoP you will wind up with like 90min standby and 45 min FP line

I think first that Disney will drop the ability for all guests to get free FP+ after the first 3 by the end of 2020 (unless the coming recession is really bad).

At the same time Disney will start selling access for the 90 day 3FP+ to everyone staying 3 consecutive nights at one of the Deluxe resorts.

Finally I think that Disney will start selling access for a 60 day 1FP+ to everyone staying 3 consecutive nights at the Moderate resorts.

I don't know if that's exactly what they will do, but I agree there will be changes of that nature.

we tried the blue with alcohol and we agreed it tasted like a pina colada. 2 thumbs up! don't let some simple dye keep you from trying something new. :teeth: it'll taste the same if it was pink or black or orange.

It DOES taste like a pina colada. When we tried it my wife said it tastes like a dole whip, which I think is also in the ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter