News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't understand why the skyliner continues to have these extended shutdowns. Ski area gondola so rarely shut down for more than 5 minutes at a time in much harsher conditions. I wonder if they actually overdid the safety protocols to the point that every little issue causes extended outages. I never imagined they would have the level of problems that they seem to have.

ehh more reasons why if i was going from Epcot to Hollywood studios I would take the boats. No need to transfer and less chances of being "held up". That with the bed issues at Rivera really makes me think that the Rivera will be the last DVC property I stay at. Cant wait to see detailed plans for Reflections

NEWS

The Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket includes admission to any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks (one theme park per day). Tickets are available for purchase Jan. 2-June 27, 2020, and can be used any three or four days (depending on ticket purchased) from Jan. 2 through June 30, 2020.

• 3-day Discover Disney Ticket for $175, plus tax ($59 per day, plus tax)
  • 4-day Discover Disney Ticket for $195, plus tax ($49 per day, plus tax)
  • Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus options available

This special ticket can be used any days through June 30, 2020, and has no block-out dates.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/12/florida-resident-discover-disney-ticket-returns-january-2nd

NEWS

The Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket includes admission to any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks (one theme park per day). Tickets are available for purchase Jan. 2-June 27, 2020, and can be used any three or four days (depending on ticket purchased) from Jan. 2 through June 30, 2020.

• 3-day Discover Disney Ticket for $175, plus tax ($59 per day, plus tax)
  • 4-day Discover Disney Ticket for $195, plus tax ($49 per day, plus tax)
  • Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus options available

This special ticket can be used any days through June 30, 2020, and has no block-out dates.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/12/florida-resident-discover-disney-ticket-returns-january-2nd

Same price as last year. That’s a good sign...

OK, I don't spend a lot of time complaining about WDW - at least as much as some. But one thing that is starting to get me super irritated is their inability to put up the true park hours until weeks before a trip. We are 6+ weeks from heading to WDW - and the park hours schedule is still showing MK hours for the week of Feb 15-22 as being 9 AM to 8 PM every day. You are telling me a week that contains (a) Presidents Week, (b) Princess Half Marathon, and (c) Mardi Gras is really going to be only open until 8 PM every day?

C'mon Disney - get your dang dates set.

We are 6+ weeks from heading to WDW - and the park hours schedule is still showing MK hours for the week of Feb 15-22 as being 9 AM to 8 PM every day. You are telling me a week that contains (a) Presidents Week, (b) Princess Half Marathon, and (c) Mardi Gras is really going to be only open until 8 PM every day?
Yeah that is something though just a couple weeks ago they extended some MK dates for early January. Then you have the DHS hours which get extended a couple weeks before too. It seems Disney doesn't want to extend them until they have too.

Thinking about the history of Disney cutting back hours this isnt that surprising. I assume they have some sort of threshold for what they considerable " reasonable profit" per hour for them to extend operating hours. They must have some formula based off ticket sales, hotel occupancy and reservations plus historic data to determine that on such and such days if they keep the park open for a extra 2 hours or something they get x hundreds thousands of dollars per hour of profit for keeping park y open.

I feel as little as 4 years ago it was just about can we keep the park generating profit past what time then lets keep it open. Now its not about can we make profit but at least some threshold number of profit. It prob makes sense in terms of maintenance costs for rides, which allows them to stretch out maintenance windows on the rides. It prob also allows them to maximize reset time during park off hours but I agree it comes at the cost of experience to the guests. I miss the 2am Magic Kingdom and I doubt we will ever get a 24 Hour Day anytime in the near future

I agree with Pterosaur's that it is extremely frustrating. If there aren't as many open hours as there used to be for maintenance, profit reasons, etc., fine, but just decide it sooner. We have to plan everything else out so far, make FastPasses, dining reservations, etc., it's difficult to do if the hours aren't clear. It's also very frustrating when the hours change in a way that would make us alter our plans on which park, dining, etc., but the only way to do so would be to abandon a couple days of FastPasses because we made them a month earlier based on different hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter