News Round Up 2020

yeah, but as a father of twin boys and a girl, I don't thin we need to underestimate the value (and $) of the extra bathroom. We could not have survived with one bathroom.
Oh believe me, there were definitely times where somebody went to the lobby restroom, but it didn’t happen enough to justify $200 more per night. I love the suites at AoA as much as anyone, but it’s really hard to call a room that regularly goes for $400 a night a “value” room.

yeah, but as a father of twin boys and a girl, I don't thin we need to underestimate the value (and $) of the extra bathroom. We could not have survived with one bathroom.

I guess I will find out at some point. I also have two girls and a boy but haven't needed a 2nd bathroom too badly yet. Of course we also camp in the woods with zero bathrooms so there's that.... XD plus I've priced out AoA suites for a few dates this year just for fun and there are many nights where they are asking over 500 per night for those things. That's just not in our personal reality.

I guess I will find out at some point. I also have two girls and a boy but haven't needed a 2nd bathroom too badly yet. Of course we also camp in the woods with zero bathrooms so there's that.... XD plus I've priced out AoA suites for a few dates this year just for fun and there are many nights where they are asking over 500 per night for those things. That's just not in our personal reality.

Have you checked out renting a DVC studio? We were shocked by the AoA cost a few years ago and ended up in a much nicer room for less thru one of the big rental agencies.

I often find booking 2 rooms at a different value resort to be more cost effective than a suite at AoA. This also comes with the added bonus of 4 actual queen beds rather than 1 Queen, 1 double and a pullout couch.

Have you checked out renting a DVC studio? We were shocked by the AoA cost a few years ago and ended up in a much nicer room for less thru one of the big rental agencies.

I've been researching this for a possible 2022 trip. The only thing that makes me nervous is the finality of it, so I'm looking into trip insurance as well. There are a couple of 5 person studios that wouldn't be too ridiculously priced depending on the time of year we go. The 1 and 2 bedrooms are still too rich for my blood even with rental prices.

NEWS

Tokyo Disney extends closure and delays grand opening of new Beauty and the Beast area due to Coronavirus

The animatronics for this look incredible. I think MMRR looks super fun and I love the projection mapping for that ride but their animatronics are really, umm... Weird looking to me. These Beauty and the Beast ones look amazing and no projection mapped faces. Philippe looks awesome.

Not good for the Olympics.
We are still over 4 months away for those. I would think they have until the end of May to make that decision. Also, there is disagreement between the LOC and the IOC about the wording of the contract and when they actually have to happen. The LOC in Tokyo claims that their contract states they have until the end of 2020 to conduct the games while the IOC claims otherwise. Either way, I personally feel it is way too early to call the games that are still over 4 months away.

Not good for the Olympics.
I agree. While we think of the Olympics being a 2 week event, there is a ton of prep that is/should be getting done right now to prepare for the Olympics. Depending on how things currently are in Tokyo much of the Olympics prep could be affected too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter