News Round Up 2020

Honestly with the size of Saratoga Springs they could just use half that resort and book them out. Or more than likely work some deal with another resort not owned by Disney on property like the 4 seasons

I can't imagine them kicking out DVC Members. If I lost a second DVC stay due to basketball and soccer, I'd be more than a little upset. Especially if I ended up losing points because of it.

They got the All-Stars and Coronado Springs. They regularly use them for sports ball groups.

My guess is that they will buy out a non Disney hotel to house the players if this ends up coming to fruition. The players all have contracts that dictate the types of hotel rooms they are to be accommodated in when it comes to road games and my guess is those will be part of whatever hotel rooms they stay in for this type of event. The All Stars Resorts would not fit that bill.

My guess is that they will buy out a non Disney hotel to house the players if this ends up coming to fruition. The players all have contracts that dictate the types of hotel rooms they are to be accommodated in when it comes to road games and my guess is those will be part of whatever hotel rooms they stay in for this type of event. The All Stars Resorts would not fit that bill.

in some ways the Disney Deluxe resorts don't meet those needs as far as 24 hour room service and the like. Something like the Swan/Dolphin might though

Honestly with the size of Saratoga Springs they could just use half that resort and book them out. Or more than likely work some deal with another resort not owned by Disney on property like the 4 seasons
Disney doesn’t own the room inventory at SSR. They’d have to buy it from the DVC owners.

I Expect to see Gran Destino Tower used.

saw someone else post June 8- 13 so might be more than just the first week, guess we shall see. Hopefully they provide info out to people clarifying things - gotta be stressful to see things come through in drips and drabs like this
Interesting, I have a room booked for June 8& 9th at the Disneyland hotel in CA and have not received any notice of cancelation yet, but I also don't think anything is opening there yet either (ie downtown etc).

Hey gang, let's be clear, MLS would put their players in tents if they could. I mean, if this can happen, I could see Pop Century and Coronado Springs as the two best options. Both are fairly big, not terribly far from ESPNWWoS, and could handle what's necessary. As for the DVC aspect of it, I'd imagine if it came to be that they cancelled all stays at a DVC resort to house the players, there'd be both hell from some DVC members as well as a decent chunk of change going to that particular HOA.

Ehh, there is only about 450 players in the NBA so with coaching and trainers and such you would only need a bit more than 500 rooms. Thats not that hard to find on property. Though it leaves the 4 seasons out but the Swan and Dolphin could hold that. I dont think proximity to the sports complex is going to be a major idea as these players are all going to be bused around anyway. I doubt you will see any moderates or value resorts being used. Grand Destinio at Coronado being the only exception. I wouldn't be surprised though if Disney doesnt use any Disney Branded resorts though and just uses partners and surrounding resorts as right now there is a huge excess of supply

Ehh, there is only about 450 players in the NBA so with coaching and trainers and such you would only need a bit more than 500 rooms. Thats not that hard to find on property. Though it leaves the 4 seasons out but the Swan and Dolphin could hold that. I dont think proximity to the sports complex is going to be a major idea as these players are all going to be bused around anyway. I doubt you will see any moderates or value resorts being used. Grand Destinio at Coronado being the only exception. I wouldn't be surprised though if Disney doesnt use any Disney Branded resorts though and just uses partners and surrounding resorts as right now there is a huge excess of supply
If parks are closed, why wouldn't Disney use their own resorts? Why give up revenue? I mean short of the Swolphin or the 4 Seasons, I can't imagine Disney would have them anywhere else.

NEWS

Walt Disney World and unions agree on safeguards for returning to work

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ards-for-returning-to-work-idUSKBN22Q3AD?il=0

I think I kinda buried the lede here. This is actually an outline of changes for reopening:
  • Social distancing practices
  • Increased cleaning
  • Mandatory masks for workers and guests
  • Plastic barriers and touchless transactions at cash registers
  • Temperature checks for guests
Be interesting when the full agreement posts to the STCU site to read through it.

My husband's uncle works on Broadway (and off just depends on the production) as a stage manager. I'm really hoping overall theater-based ventures don't get hit too hard :(

I work in the NYC theatre industry...let me tell you it is a scary time to work in the performing arts. However, I'm trying to have perspective on this shocking Frozen announcement. I have credible industry sources who have said Disney planned on closing Frozen in the winter to make room for their next Broadway production (heavily rumored to be a revival of Beauty and the Beast). Frozen was performing the worst out of their 3 Broadway productions....and sadly most of us in the industry are not planning on New York theater being back until at least January. So it seems like Disney Theatricals looked at their advances and looked at the likely length of the shutdown and decided to close their poorest performer. Otherwise they would open up a show that was already slowing in sales during the weakest sales period of the year for Broadway. Which was also the period they had penciled in for Frozen's closing anyway.

Forgive the long winded reply...just trying to hold out hope that impending doom is not descending upon my job, which is what it feels like. And offering a little insider perspective for the show.

I work in the NYC theatre industry...let me tell you it is a scary time to work in the performing arts. However, I'm trying to have perspective on this shocking Frozen announcement. I have credible industry sources who have said Disney planned on closing Frozen in the winter to make room for their next Broadway production (heavily rumored to be a revival of Beauty and the Beast). Frozen was performing the worst out of their 3 Broadway productions....and sadly most of us in the industry are not planning on New York theater being back until at least January. So it seems like Disney Theatricals looked at their advances and looked at the likely length of the shutdown and decided to close their poorest performer. Otherwise they would open up a show that was already slowing in sales during the weakest sales period of the year for Broadway. Which was also the period they had penciled in for Frozen's closing anyway.

Forgive the long winded reply...just trying to hold out hope that impending doom is not descending upon my job, which is what it feels like. And offering a little insider perspective for the show.
Don't worry I totally get it and I appreciate the insider tidbit; that would make sense. My husband's uncle has been in the industry for decades; it's his livlihood. He lives in West New York, NJ not going into NYC all the time has got to be a different feeling for him (and maybe you depending on where you live around the NYC metro). Last we had talked to him it was until at least July though obviously that was before Broadway announced until at least September 6th cancellations. We haven't talked to him in a bit to know if January was the newer rumored timeframe but it wouldn't surprise me at all. It's similar to movie theaters in terms of distancing with guests but brings a way different component when you add on the individuals involved in the production of a show so I could see theater production coming back at a slower pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter