News Round Up 2020

Any strength to the rumor Minnie Vans are going away permanently?
It makes sense; rideshares famously lose buckets of money, and Disney isn’t really in a position to operate money losers that aren’t core to their business model. In the article, the source seems to be CMs who would know. If they quietly disappear from the website, we’ll know for sure. Disney doesn’t really ever confirm things ending.

Was there some ShopDisney news/release I missed? I just went to the website to check something, and I was put into a virtual waiting room, albeit only for a few minutes. Was there something released today I missed?

It makes sense; rideshares famously lose buckets of money, and Disney isn’t really in a position to operate money losers that aren’t core to their business model. In the article, the source seems to be CMs who would know. If they quietly disappear from the website, we’ll know for sure. Disney doesn’t really ever confirm things ending.
Not sure it was priced to be a money loser though.

Do they really? It’s amazing how huge companies can get and still not turn a profit. I think having a dedicated fleet to a confined area probably helps. Are the drivers of the vans CMs or do they make money the same way as normal Lyft drivers?

Do they really? It’s amazing how huge companies can get and still not turn a profit. I think having a dedicated fleet to a confined area probably helps. Are the drivers of the vans CMs or do they make money the same way as normal Lyft drivers?
They are CMs. You can tip them of course through Lyft though.

I think when this service first started all the drivers were CMs. And the price was $25 for a pickup and drop off anywhere within the Disney Property. Once they raised their prices to be per mile, I'm not sure they really stayed competitive with the Lyft and Uber... I have no idea if the drivers are still all CMs now.

When they first started, we loved the service. Especially at MK, since the others can't come up to the entrance. The cars were immaculate, and it was fun to use a red and white polka dot car. Now, Uber and Lyft are the way we go if we need the direct service.

I think when this service first started all the drivers were CMs. And the price was $25 for a pickup and drop off anywhere within the Disney Property. Once they raised their prices to be per mile, I'm not sure they really stayed competitive with the Lyft and Uber... I have no idea if the drivers are still all CMs now.

When they first started, we loved the service. Especially at MK, since the others can't come up to the entrance. The cars were immaculate, and it was fun to use a red and white polka dot car. Now, Uber and Lyft are the way we go if we need the direct service.
For us, the benefit to Minnie Vans was that they carried 2 car seats and were trained in their proper installation and use. Our kids have gotten older so that's less of a concern.

Lyft lost about 10% of revenue in Q1 after special charges and one time costs (if you include those, they lost substantially more), and Uber lost about 31% of revenue after special charges etc. That is mostly pre COVID. It is amazing, I agree.

According to some posters on WDWMagic the whole thing was a hoax. People pretended to be CMs and lied to the person who runs that site and he believed them and posted the story.

Kinda mean, if true!
And disney sort of confirmed they weren’t gone for good today too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter