News Round Up 2020

That leads me to the realization that instead of "throwaway" resort reservations for Magic Bands, ADR's, and FP+, we may start to see "throwaway" resort reservations for park reservations, especially for local AP's.

Locals don't have a choice. If we think we might want to go, we have to make a reservation because by the time we actually make a decision it'd be too late. So book with uncertainty ahead of time and cancel if it turns out we're not going. I do wish the limit was four though, three is just too low. And resort stays shouldn't count against the limit- really stinks for non-locals. I think non-local AP holders are the most disadvantaged right now.

I wonder if they will change that if people start to abuse it.
Six Flags says that of you no show too many times they will take away your ability to make reservations. Of course, they also don't give you a way to actually cancel a reservation (website issue) so not sure what you're supposed to do.

Six Flags says that of you no show too many times they will take away your ability to make reservations. Of course, they also don't give you a way to actually cancel a reservation (website issue) so not sure what you're supposed to do.
Six Flags has a cancel and reschedule button for theirs, granted the cancel button didn’t appear to do much. I just used them for Frontier City.

Last edited:
I've just been rescheduling for a future date, since I can't cancel. Had a reservation and didn't want to go, so I moved it out 2 weeks, then moved it again. Messy, but avoids a no show...

Our Six Flags is horrible about enforcing rules. We went for the passholder preview and not one staff person enforced mask or distancing requirements. The hotter it got, the more masks were pulled down or removed entirely. Even staff started pulling them under their noses. We're not going back for a while.

Six Flags has a cancel and reschedule button for theirs, granted the cancel button didn’t appear to do much. I just used them for Frontier City.
When I've clicked the cancel button it hasn't actually let me cancel, just modify.

I've just been rescheduling for a future date, since I can't cancel. Had a reservation and didn't want to go, so I moved it out 2 weeks, then moved it again. Messy, but avoids a no show...

Our Six Flags is horrible about enforcing rules. We went for the passholder preview and not one staff person enforced mask or distancing requirements. The hotter it got, the more masks were pulled down or removed entirely. Even staff started pulling them under their noses. We're not going back for a while.
Frontier City's schedule as of last Friday want open for July yet so I couldn't just roll it forward.

The one time I've been to Frontier City they were doing a good job with masks, but it was also completely dead. We went to White Water (SF water park) and there was no attempt at guest masking out of water. Most employees that wouldn't easily be seen by management also had their covers down. No enforcement of distancing.

That leads me to the realization that instead of "throwaway" resort reservations for Magic Bands, ADR's, and FP+, we may start to see "throwaway" resort reservations for park reservations, especially for local AP's.
Disney fans will find a way to game the system. :)

The more complex or "high in demand" these reservations get, the more the fans will work to gain an advantage.

I know I used a throwaway room one trip because it just made economic sense. The cost of a campsite was just as much as the cost of parking and magic bands (with the perk of making 60-day fast passes).

I've gamed the system by having a relative (arriving 4-5 few days before us) get fast passes for my family for the "high-demand" rides like FoP and SDD (that I would not have been able to get at my 60-day mark).

So with yet another reservation system will come with ways to game the system IF certain days start to fill up quickly. I feel I am already "gaming" the park system because I have like 9 days of tickets in my account (from old non-expiring tickets - which aren't available anymore) .. I can make reservations for any 9 days I want right now (without a resort reservation), though I just used them for two potential 2021 trips for now).

But this doesn't really do anything for Disney+ bottom line. Since its a monthly subscription you would need to know how may people signed up just to watch this.

will be interesting to see if there was a spike in subscriptions - especially knowing Disney did away with their free trial so if people signed up to watch Hamilton they had to pay to do so

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter