News Round Up 2020

It does make me sad though for what Harry Potter could have had. Then again we don't know what is coming to the new HP area.

I suspect that Universal whatever they do with HP in the future is prob looking for a space that is a bit bigger to spread out. With the 2 current areas the space gets filled pretty quickly which can lead to issues with people not spending enough time in the Areas to fully partake "spend" all the offerings of the areas. I love the HP areas at Universal, but I hate that people stop to look up at the Dragon blowing fire just to take the perfect picture. Either way I hope this new Area has a bit more space to spread out in

It does make me sad though for what Harry Potter could have had. Then again we don't know what is coming to the new HP area.
So far most of the rumors seem to be playing out fairly accurately.
Spoiler here just in case anybody wants to stay blind to potential ride systems for Potter
So the rumors are 2 rides. One Ministry focused ride that uses the Floo Powder for travel, basically a coaster-esque attraction with a system that covers the car at points to travel between scenes.
And one creature focused (animatronic heavy) drop tower or dark ride. Meant to be an extension of the creature heavy land.

Last edited:
I suspect that Universal whatever they do with HP in the future is prob looking for a space that is a bit bigger to spread out. With the 2 current areas the space gets filled pretty quickly which can lead to issues with people not spending enough time in the Areas to fully partake "spend" all the offerings of the areas. I love the HP areas at Universal, but I hate that people stop to look up at the Dragon blowing fire just to take the perfect picture. Either way I hope this new Area has a bit more space to spread out in
I would argue though that Diagon Alley has a lot more space than Hogsmeade, even with the dragon. It's part of why I like it better than Hogsmeade

but I hate that people stop to look up at the Dragon blowing fire just to take the perfect picture.
Stepping off to the side is the best but like with many things people don't often do that. I know when we took our video we were off to the side hugging the sides of the buildings.

FWIW I find people so much worse at just stopping at Disney in general.

That seems like a lot for HTTYD

This could be the "Land that is to sacrifice to the bean counters". At some point they'll be told to cut stuff, so maybe they built that into the design, knowing that they will have to cut something. It does seem rather excessive for an IP that's essentially already spent.

Stepping off to the side is the best but like with many things people don't often do that. I know when we took our video we were off to the side hugging the sides of the buildings.

FWIW I find people so much worse at just stopping at Disney in general.

Speaking as a photographer, I can say that Disney is pretty good at designating "Picture Spots" for good composition that are out of the traffic flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter