News Round Up 2020

I wonder if this will be the Victoria and Albert's Bistro that has been rumored.

possible - it indicates that no change in name or theme was mentioned by Disney but also it does reference how it will embody the elegence of the Grand Floridian, no reference to maintaining Citricos or anything, so possible

"Once complete, the restaurant will feature an improved fine dining experience, our Guests will continue to enjoy the lively atmosphere, seasonally-inspired menu and elegance embodied by Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A change in theme or name was not noted in the refurbishment advisory.

I don’t believe TSL was supposed to have another ride but it was supposed to have more in terms of dining, shopping, and theming.
And with the new Roundup BBQ restaurant, they are expanding that. I don't mind opening things in phases (like SWGE) .. gives you a reason to come back and experience a park/land and have it feel like new instead of the same, tired old place (like DHS and Epcot was for like a decade or two).

And with the new Roundup BBQ restaurant, they are expanding that. I don't mind opening things in phases (like SWGE) .. gives you a reason to come back and experience a park/land and have it feel like new instead of the same, tired old place (like DHS and Epcot was for like a decade or two).

For me, this only works when the phases feel “complete”. Storybook circus, for example, felt compete while new Fantasyland didn’t with the massive construction walls around 7DMT. Toy story felt complete, though sparse, and while I didn’t visit it, SWGE seemed incomplete with Rise looming and the “main” attraction not in place. Spacial separation of pending work as well as a sufficient presence to feel like a “complete” area, however small, are key to me

Final season of Clone Wars to debut on Feb 21st (apparently Disney's Birthday Present to me!)

Tweet includes trailer

I'm looking forward to this. My daughter is very hyped that this one seems to be majority Ahsoka!

It looks like this will feed right into the siege of Mandalore, so will we find out here or in The Mandalorian how Gideon came to be in possession of the dark saber? Also young Kanaan - it's good to see Filoni getting to play entirely in his own sandbox.

For me, this only works when the phases feel “complete”. Storybook circus, for example, felt compete while new Fantasyland didn’t with the massive construction walls around 7DMT. Toy story felt complete, though sparse, and while I didn’t visit it, SWGE seemed incomplete with Rise looming and the “main” attraction not in place. Spacial separation of pending work as well as a sufficient presence to feel like a “complete” area, however small, are key to me
True .. to me though, Rise missing wasn't noticable, as there weren't huge construction walls, it just meant you walked through the Resistance forest with nothing there but some props, but the rest of the land felt complete. But if they add things over time (like roaming droids or some action stage shows), to me that is just icing on the cake.

Hopefully the BBQ in TSL will feel part of the land. I am worried because it is just off to the side that it will not feel part of it, but will be nice to have some indoor space in that land finally besides the TSMM queue.

If they add an attraction to Pandora, that will be fine too. The land is good as it is, but definitely could use one more thing there to do to make it feel bigger.

I hope this doesn't get extended through our trip. It'll be hard enough to get to the park for a 9am opening, a 7am opening would be torture. I am NOT a morning person.

My only worry is if it stays at 9am for our trip (Presidents week) will that increase the # of people willing to be there for a 9am opening vs a 7am opening

Plus we weren't able to get a FP for Slinky Dog so if they change the hours to an earlier opening might give me a chance to try to snag one for those new hours

I hope this doesn't get extended through our trip. It'll be hard enough to get to the park for a 9am opening, a 7am opening would be torture. I am NOT a morning person.

I’m with you. We’re going early March and I’m closely keeping my eye on HS hours.

Were will the harmoniUS barges call home when not in use, in the backstage area behind the African outpost? Or will they be permanent fixture in the Lagoon?

Final season of Clone Wars to debut on Feb 21st (apparently Disney's Birthday Present to me!)

Tweet includes trailer

Time to start watching the last few seasons to get back in the swing of things.

Also, is it just me or does everyone else think that Disney doesn't quite realize how popular Ahsoka is?

I think the early openings are nice, I just wish they'd have late closings as well.

I know they have to keep time to provide maintenance on the attractions, but it'd be good to have a balance between early and late.

Time to start watching the last few seasons to get back in the swing of things.

Also, is it just me or does everyone else think that Disney doesn't quite realize how popular Ahsoka is?

I just think she doesn't fit in what they are trying to do. She's not a mainline story character since there is no mention of her in the prequels. If you don't watch Clone Wars, she makes no sense just having her appear. Kind of like having Darth Maul reappear at the end of Solo. It just seems awkward for those who are casual fans of just the movies. Especially since an Annakin padawan is a massive thing to have skipped over in III.

So it's a bit messy with her. My daughter loves her, I think she's great. Her book is a solid young adult book. But... is this the time period Disney is going to focus on? Or are they moving on from the whole mainline era? If so, moving on from Ahsoka makes sense, regardless of her popularity among the Clone Wars/Rebels fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter