News Round Up 2020

Can we be consistent and spoiler tag this? Since we still can't talk about SWGE in this thread without spoiler tags?
I guess but at the same time this is a news thread. This is news. I am not sure I spoiler tagged SWGE in here. Other threads yes.

The video isn't the actual ride track. The image doesn't show the whole ride track layout either. To me this in no way spoils the attraction.

Seems like a complete knock off of Touring Plans. I really don't see how it'll be that useful when it is telling everyone to go to the ride with a short line. TP works because not that many people use it.
That is exactly how they want it to work. They want to spread crowds out. Instead of going to Mine Train try this instead.

That is exactly how they want it to work. They want to spread crowds out. Instead of going to Mine Train try this instead.
Yeah, I get that. But when the genie app tell everyone "now is a good time to do Dumbo or Magic Carpets" it'll no longer be a good time to do those things. It's like taking a bypass around traffic, it only works if one a few people know about it. The second google maps starts telling everyone to get off the highway, the bypass is worse than staying on.

As someone that doesn't pay attention to the entertainment schedule except for what I want to see if it could alert you that x is starting and will crowd the hub so leave tomorrowland by 135 to get to your jungle fp without going or around that'd be great. I like coming upon various things but they are a pain when you get stuck by them. Often got stuck with the princess promenade at DLP. It's when I appreciate the loud music for move it shake it etc. so you hear it as you get close to the hub.
I could actually see it being useful if it was easy to get it to remind you of the entertainment. I always miss a lot of the entertainment I want to see in EPCOT because I forget about it, or only thing about it right after a show has finished. TP doesn't handle fixed timed shows well.

Also be nice if it told you when the next show would be for things like Tiki Birds and O' Canada.

I could actually see it being useful if it was easy to get it to remind you of the entertainment. I always miss a lot of the entertainment I want to see in EPCOT because I forget about it, or only thing about it right after a show has finished. TP doesn't handle fixed timed shows well.

Also be nice if it told you when the next show would be for things like Tiki Birds and O' Canada.

That would also be nice. I missed most of the voices of liberty because they way they list it on the times guide is so jumbled and I got it confused with the American adventure time. I'd meant to see all of both but at least saw some. And I agree that TP doesn't do it well. It'd be nice if they could get them to the top of the wait times when they are starting soon.

That is a good point - also for character meet lines. Hat to walk all the way to one and find out the line is closed (Happens a lot with the Princesses in EPCOT)

I could see it really helping you focus on what you identify as a priority and helping ensure you get to experience those, but I agree, unless they are really tailored or they give everyone different advice or something, not sure how beneficial it will be

I'll give it a chance/wait and see .... I suspect like most things the uber planners/hard core fans will find out the loopholes with it and how best to exploit it vs using it strictly for its intended purpose

Yeah, I get that. But when the genie app tell everyone "now is a good time to do Dumbo or Magic Carpets" it'll no longer be a good time to do those things. It's like taking a bypass around traffic, it only works if one a few people know about it. The second google maps starts telling everyone to get off the highway, the bypass is worse than staying on.

Pretty sure the app will be dynamic and not tell everyone to go to the same place. It'll also probably be smart about your preferences too. So if you like princesses and you haven't been to a meet and greet yet, it'll probably steer you that way and others somewhere else like getting a snack or go to a parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter