News Round Up 2020

Whole lotta drinking going on at Epcot when we were there 2 weeks ago. Obvious drunk, and discussing it with each other. I've never seen so many drunk people there before.
My DS8 came out of the bathroom discussing the drunk men in there with him.
We don't drink anymore, 10 years now. (We were either really good at it, or really bad at it. :) )
I chalked it up to people really unwinding during a pandemic. 🤷‍♀️ It didn't bother us, we were discussing how nice for us to not wake up with a hangover like all these people would. 😁

Yes, I phrased that portion of my response wrong. The battery is in there. But that’s only to power the distance portions of the band. The touch point aspects are powered by passive electricity. Every time you touch it to a touch point, they get a bit of a charge.

So is it possible to replace the battery and keep your MB for longer periods? We only go every few years but I still don't want to clutter up with MBs.

Yeah you’d literally have to break it open to get to the battery. But, again, the battery only powers the far range aspect. Your bands will still work for room door, park entry, payment, FP touchpoints, etc.

What other far range things are there besides Small World?

So will all the fun stuff, like seeing your name on its a small world, go away when magic bands are gone?
Star Tours and Everest both have things in the queus with names.

I must have missed the things in the quest at Everest at Star Tours. Not a biggie but just neat I guess. That is a good point about the other fun stuff, or are the ID cards going to be long range too? I'll just buy a MB if needed, I don't want to use my phone for anything other than ride times and fast passes (when they return).

I HATE BEING ON MY PHONE at Disney. I want to AT Disney, in the moments, not using my phone. :(
the magic bands are easy and nonintrusive and I don't have to CARRY them.

Same here- I HATE using my phone all the time. My oldest was shocked at all the kids on their phones this last trip, she even said "Mom we are at DISNEY- why are they on their phones?!" haha. I'll use mine for ride times/touring plan/FP and that is it. We still use paper maps in park :)
If that means we have to buy a MB, so be it.

So will all the fun stuff, like seeing your name on its a small world, go away when magic bands are gone?

Well, first, I don't think MB are going away any time soon - it's just that they are no longer giving out complementary ones ... And these features might be a motivator for people to buy ones

Second might be possible for them to get info off your phone?

Well, first, I don't think MB are going away any time soon - it's just that they are no longer giving out complementary ones ... And these features might be a motivator for people to buy ones

Second might be possible for them to get info off your phone?

We did a drive through tour of Christmas lights last night in NOLA and they had my kid’s name up on the “nice list” about halfway through. It was super cute. They scanned a QR code when we entered.

Last trip I found myself without a MB a few times, and missed them.

I'm guessing they will add these to our phone app, but they didn't work for me.

1. Driving into BC and couldn't open the gate.

2. Access to the side door near our room at Riviera-had to walk all the way around.

3. Access to the Riviera Pool, phone app didn't work.

4. It did work on our room however, but a few times set bags and/or coffee cups on the hallway to dig out the phone.

We have a ton of these, and will always buy if needed though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter