News Round Up 2020

Of course there is. Why allow you to reopen it when they can require you to buy a new one?

I know they are a big corporation that exists to make money but... they were free. like each and every visit I could get a new free one. :confused3 even now that they aren't free, it's only the cost of the cheapest band to replace the puck inside of an expensive band. and that's only if/when I notice that the battery is dead (which seems unlikely to me unless you're paying for memory maker and it constantly screws up on rides).

There is no reason why WDW could NOT have made common watch battery replacement possible, without total band destruction.

Safety. Button/coil cells have been a hazard for children to swallow for many years. It is likely that children would find a way on the Magic Band to get access for an easier removal coin cell.

In fact, Duracell just took it a step further to deter children by creating a proprietary bitter coating on these button/coil cells.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/29/...itter-coating-taste-terrible-child-protection

Weird seeing Disney involved in this because of the acquisition but Also didn't know fox was involved. I've heard of drivetribe but never gone on though I'd imagine a lot started their due to the guys. I wonder how much there most recent show getting delayed so long affected any thing. It was enjoyable but when there's only 2 a year it's hard to keep interest unless the idea of it is for gearheads and not related to the grand tour other than they invested/started it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter