News Round Up 2020

Seems like a lot of people with not much social distancing in many of the photos I am seeing...sure hope Disney doesn’t end up closing again before the holidays...Covid numbers trending high this week and yet seems like bigger crowds in the parks.

Seems like a lot of people with not much social distancing in many of the photos I am seeing...sure hope Disney doesn’t end up closing again before the holidays...Covid numbers trending high this week and yet seems like bigger crowds in the parks.
There was absolutely no distancing on Main Street or on the hub last night. It looked like a typical night for fireworks. We left, we just weren't comfortable with that crowd level. The rest of the day there was distancing measures and it was fine.

There was absolutely no distancing on Main Street or on the hub last night. It looked like a typical night for fireworks. We left, we just weren't comfortable with that crowd level. The rest of the day there was distancing measures and it was fine.
That’s why we left before dark last night. We knew the castle was going to draw in everyone and if there are no markers, the guests won’t listen. Instead, we had Earl of Sandwich delivered to our hotel and watched the new episode of the Mandalorian. 👍🏻

ugh, hope this is just a "First night" thing and obviously lots of interest for tonight (among everyone but had all the vloggers and stuff there too) ... hopefully they see what worked/didn't and adjust and they sort of use this as a learning experience for how to properly do fireworks

or it shows them that it won't work and we wont' get any for a long time

I think this is one of those, "Just because you CAN do something does not mean that it's what we SHOULD do..." I mean look at how many hot dogs Mr. Chestnut CAN eat, but I don't think anyone SHOULD...Not hydrating in the Florida heat and humidity is just not a good idea.

Not to start a war, but is taking a sip of water really going to infect anyone if we are socially distanced? I would assume this policy is more likely a result from the people that in indoor queues would use it as an excuse to take their mask down completely to eat a mickey pretzel while in line...So Disney just 86'd the whole thing....

Give people an inch and they take a mile...
Exactly......

That’s why we left before dark last night. We knew the castle was going to draw in everyone and if there are no markers, the guests won’t listen. Instead, we had Earl of Sandwich delivered to our hotel and watched the new episode of the Mandalorian. 👍🏻

Wait how did you have Earl of Sandwich delivered to your hotel???!!! We are showing to be staying at CSR first wk of December and most all of my ADRs were just canceled by Disney due to the “Glitch”. I would definitely order fro there!

Wait how did you have Earl of Sandwich delivered to your hotel???!!! We are showing to be staying at CSR first wk of December and most all of my ADRs were just canceled by Disney due to the “Glitch”. I would definitely order fro there!
Usually door dash or uber eats will deliver.

We only braved the crowd to get out. I left without shopping. That has NEVER happened lol

UberEats. Just remember to allow around 90 minutes for delivery.
We only braved the crowd to get out. I left without shopping. That has NEVER happened lol
I have yet to shop this trip. Personally, I don’t want to queue for a store. Lol

I saw this and found it very interesting: https://deadline.com/2020/11/jurass...howard-universal-covid-tests-wrap-1234610291/

"The $165M Universal blockbuster wrapped this morning at the UK’s Pinewood Studios after an unprecedented shoot, which required 40,000 COVID tests, millions of dollars spent on protocols, and for cast and key crew to isolate in a bubble for months."

Makes ya wonder what other movies or tv shows that resumed production spent and how many tests they used. Was there information about how many tests NBA and MLS were done while in Disney's bubble?

Did anybody watch the incredible drone technology and fireworks on display after the President Elect Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris
Celebration tonight?
YAY for future of D-World...

I did - they were rather cool and reformed pretty quickly.

In case you were wondering it was tracked down - in the past Disney has worked with Intel and Boeing for Drone shows, but this was done by Verge Aero (who I suspect will be getting some more business opportunities in the future)

From what I've experienced most places these past few months (tourist-wise) .. if people are "okay" with being out a particular place during a pandemic then they aren't going to care about social distancing .. especially if everyone is wearing masks.

Be it restaurants, other parks, tourist attractions, from what I've seen most people don't care if you are close to them especially if that contact is seconds or minutes. (especially if these things are outside in the open air).

From what I've experienced most places these past few months (tourist-wise) .. if people are "okay" with being out a particular place during a pandemic then they aren't going to care about social distancing .. especially if everyone is wearing masks.

Be it restaurants, other parks, tourist attractions, from what I've seen most people don't care if you are close to them especially if that contact is seconds or minutes. (especially if these things are outside in the open air).
Shouldn’t be using the absolutes in your statements. There are plenty of people that are ok going to WDW because of its social distancing and mask requirements and don’t want to have people close to them. I would hardly say that “most” at WDW are comfortable being that close to people.

Shouldn’t be using the absolutes in your statements. There are plenty of people that are ok going to WDW because of its social distancing and mask requirements and don’t want to have people close to them. I would hardly say that “most” at WDW are comfortable being that close to people.

I agree, especially if staying around /lingering for a while. Like I get while walking you are going to have times when passing people will be closer than you like but that is just a second ... But this hanging out for a while in close proximity would have me a bit worried

Now maybe it really wasn't that long and this is just the first day(s) so I am sure increased interest / curiosity - but if I was heading there now it would make me anxious and would likely skip this (or at least avoid going close)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter