• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

I've been to WDW many times but only went to DL once (for 5 days ) ten years ago.

If there was a Snow White ride I missed it and I'm horrified with myself that I did.

I had a comic digest (from the 60's probably) that had Disney characters stuck in a Snow White ride and I would have loved to have ridden it but somehow I missed it.

I'll go look on youtube for a ride video.

I've been to WDW many times but only went to DL once (for 5 days ) ten years ago.

If there was a Snow White ride I missed it and I'm horrified with myself that I did.

I had a comic digest (from the 60's probably) that had Disney characters stuck in a Snow White ride and I would have loved to have ridden it but somehow I missed it.

It was very similar to the Snow White ride that used to be at WDW as well.

The ride is across from Peter Pan and next to Pinocchio. It's possible it was on refurb while you were there. It was basically hte same as the one at Magic Kingdom that was removed (where Princess Fairy Tale Hall is now).

So . .they weren't filling the cockpit unless it was entirely your own party?

I really don't know what plexiglass does for virus safety (especially when everyone is/should be wearing masks already). But if it makes Disney and some guests more comfortable in filling the ride vehicle, (which decreases the line), so be it -- as long as it is temporary .. and as long as they upkeep them (replace them when they get scratched/broken and cleaned when they inevitably get smudged by children (and adults). I can see them easily getting bumped into and possibly broken as people get in .. hit them with their backpack .. lean against them unknowingly, etc.

I think they would have been fine (not very obtrusive) without the tape (but I understand why that tape is there).

I just see people (like myself) . .just leaning into the aisle (around the glass) to see better .. or shout commands/encouragement/exclamations to my crew! I mean I did that before the plexiglass, so it doesn't seem like it would be too effective where it is now. I know I reached across the aisle to talk to my son or point.

The question is are guests able to request their own cockpit if they still feel unsafe in going in a small cockpit with strangers?

So . .they weren't filling the cockpit unless it was entirely your own party?

I really don't know what plexiglass does for virus safety (especially when everyone is/should be wearing masks already). But if it makes Disney and some guests more comfortable in filling the ride vehicle, (which decreases the line), so be it -- as long as it is temporary .. and as long as they upkeep them (replace them when they get scratched/broken and cleaned when they inevitably get smudged by children (and adults). I can see them easily getting bumped into and possibly broken as people get in .. hit them with their backpack .. lean against them unknowingly, etc.

I think they would have been fine (not very obtrusive) without the tape (but I understand why that tape is there).

I just see people (like myself) . .just leaning into the aisle (around the glass) to see better .. or shout commands/encouragement/exclamations to my crew! I mean I did that before the plexiglass, so it doesn't seem like it would be too effective where it is now. I know I reached across the aisle to talk to my son or point.

The question is are guests able to request their own cockpit if they still feel unsafe in going in a small cockpit with strangers?

Interesting set up - so one party gets the front 4 spots and then the other only has the option of the back 2 (which are generally the ones of least appeal - though not to everyone)

Guess it can help a little - especially vs sending some out with literally 1 person in them, but I don't think it will help as much as on other rides

Ugh. I hope some of this plexiglass will eventually be removed. I didn't mind it on Mickey and Minnie at all or Rise. I feel like on Millenium Falcon it will really take away from the experience though. If they are looking to reduce wait times perhaps add in a show.

Ugh. I hope some of this plexiglass will eventually be removed. I didn't mind it on Mickey and Minnie at all or Rise. I feel like on Millenium Falcon it will really take away from the experience though. If they are looking to reduce wait times perhaps add in a show.
They all should eventually be removed but it’s not going to be that soon. If they were to stay Disney would be looking at ways to incorporate them better and make them fit thematically.

Interesting set up - so one party gets the front 4 spots and then the other only has the option of the back 2 (which are generally the ones of least appeal - though not to everyone)

Guess it can help a little - especially vs sending some out with literally 1 person in them, but I don't think it will help as much as on other rides
Oh . I didn't see that .. I thought there was glass behind each seat.

Well .. that Engineering spot is pretty boring anyway -- while it is important to the outcome, it is a pretty boring job compared to the others.

So will they require parties of 1 or 2 in the engineering spots to maximize space? if they have another party of 2-3 or 4?

Well .. that Engineering spot is pretty boring anyway -- while it is important to the outcome, it is a pretty boring job compared to the others.

I liked Engineering better than Gunner, but I never got to be pilot. Honestly, a bad pilot ruins the whole ride. I think the "gamification" of the thing was a mistake. You should just watch like Star Tours.

Last edited:
Lol, what? Why does Disney hate people who want ice cream when they vacation in Florida?
I'm waiting on my Beaches and Cream reservation right now and can report a small freezer with ice cream treats and pints of prepackaged ice cream in front of the To go window. People are not happy! I asked the manager and she said it was closed because of crowding.

I liked Engineering better than Gunner, but I never got to be pilot. Honestly, a bad pilot ruins the whole ride. I think the "gamification" of the thing was a mistake. You should just watch like Star Tours.
Engineer is my sons favorite role. He won't be happy if he can't do that because we're a party of 4 and a party of 2 gets the last 2 seats. Maybe they'd trade with us....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter