News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the general consensus (most commonly accepted rumor as of now) was that Cosmic Rewind is also having a later opening date next year like Tron. This link suggests ‘but it’s projected to open ahead of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary — which is October 1st, 2021! Of course, this could change, so we will keep you posted.’ Is their hope that Cosmic Rewind opens this year?

they can hope... but the weather sealing is something that’s done for 6+ month projects. So cosmic rewind would need to be almost 100% done right now (no kinks) and then opened up in time to be for the 50th.
The October 21 timeline isn’t realistic.

but the 18 month celebration having cosmic rewind somewhere in there could be highly plausible.

Are those barges going to be out of sight most of the day? Or will those massive things be permanently on display all day long?

I was wondering the same thing! I was wondering if it will go into that little area under the bridge, where the globe from Illuminations went at night, or do they stay stationary? 🤔 PS - your avatar is beautiful! I’m obsessed with sunrises/sunsets!!! 😍

I have no information but I would say that they will be on permanent display. They are to massive to move on a daily basis plus I believe that they have been joined together. I think the connection is somewhat complex and would be far too difficult to repeat daily.

Maybe they will add some lighting of sorts once it has been completed to make it somewhat more attractive.

I have no information but I would say that they will be on permanent display. They are to massive to move on a daily basis plus I believe that they have been joined together. I think the connection is somewhat complex and would be far too difficult to repeat daily.

Maybe they will add some lighting of sorts once it has been completed to make it somewhat more attractive.

They are massive!! There’s definitely lighting, they tested it last week!! 🙂

They are anchored in the lagoon, so they’re not going anywhere. That’s why Disney has designed them to be fountains during the day. Check out this blog post: https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...-water-fountain-testing-underway-at-epcot.htm.

Makes sense. Probably will add an interesting element to what would otherwise be an empty lagoon. I don’t think that the boats are running anymore which added some interes. Could be wrong on that though.

Makes sense. Probably will add an interesting element to what would otherwise be an empty lagoon. I don’t think that the boats are running anymore which added some interes. Could be wrong on that though.

The boats are still running - we rode one a few weeks ago.

I personally think they are huge eyesores (they are MASSIVE and diminish that beautiful view across the lagoon, esp at sunset) but I admittedly resist change when it comes to Disney sometimes and am trying to hold final judgement until the fountain effect is up and going ;)

Let us hope it’s a new queue area for increased capacity!

That would actually be great! But there are still groups that can use FP’s, so they would need a place to enter. And if that was the case, using the FP line for overflow, why didn’t they utilize it this week when they knew they were to capacity? So many questions 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter