News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIRC, this is the first time that there have been dates included with this glitch.
No, there have been dates in glitches before. It’s an automatic tool that Disney has just “turned off,” but Disney IT being Disney IT, glitches will happen.

I’m all for being positive, but I think it’s counterproductive to get posters excited about something that isn’t likely to happen at this time. I don’t think people who point that out should just be dismissed because it’s not information that many of us want to hear.

No, there have been dates in glitches before. It’s an automatic tool that Disney has just “turned off,” but Disney IT being Disney IT, glitches will happen.

I’m all for being positive, but I think it’s counterproductive to get posters excited about something that isn’t likely to happen at this time. I don’t think people who point that out should just be dismissed because it’s not information that many of us want to hear.

There's certainly nothing wrong with either perspective and everyone should be entitled to their feelings on here without being disparaged or harkening back for the old days.

Is FP+ coming back anytime in the near future, most likely not while capacities are where they are. I for one haven't missed FP+ but also understand the hope and excitement for those who do want it back.

I haven't been to WDW since they started FP+. Our last visit we still raced for the actual passes at the FP dispensers. I just don't want FP+ to come back with a 60 day option unless they change the ADR time line.

I had a glitch earlier this week (I think it was Monday). My day for making ADRs doesn't open until October, but, I go onto the dining reservation every morning at 5:00 am - to try to get an idea of what is there, and how it works (since it is all new to me). That morning the dates available were all the way to November. I clicked on the last date, but when it opened I got a Stitch error instead of a list of restaurants, then kicked out. I took that date and subtracted it from the current date out of curiosity - and it was 180 days out. Anyhow, when I logged back in it was back to the normal 60 days out. Totally a weird glitch, along the same lines as the FP+ ones I would think.

Again, I'm good with trying to make ADRs for the week of Christmas 60 days out, or making FP+. I just don't want to try for both at the 60 day mark.

First of all... There’s nothing set in stone that says FP isn’t coming back. When Disney says it’s dead and never coming back, I’ll believe it. As far as this Thread goes, I think it’s pretty great the way it is!! People here prefer POSITIVITY and Hope for the future over Gloom and Doom - the path a lot of these threads have taken lately. Having hope for Disney to return to normalcy one day isn’t too far fetched. And to your last comment... You don’t have to like me, but know that I did step up to help out when this thread no longer had a true direction. You had every opportunity to pick up and continue where Ryan left off. Why didn’t you?!

I have been on disboards for a while. Even when we didn't have a trip planned, I always enjoyed reading trip reports, reviews, etc. in anticipation of returning one day.

I'm new to the rumors board though. Just recently found it, and seemed a great place to get an idea of what is going on. I've come to enjoy this thread. I don't always post, but I do read it every day - and smile. Ya'll are fun, upbeat, and really make me smile when I'm surrounded by stress.

I didn’t write the article, I just reposted it. I’m not sure why being positive and hopeful for something to come back is a negative thing?? And my response was to Jetsdad, who I consider a friend on these boards... using a Joy Gif saying “Think Positive”, I’m it sure how that can be considered “dismissive” of someone’s feelings??

Last edited:
To me thinking positive is that they’ll kill FP+ and put in a system that doesn’t advantage guests who know how to work the system and sentence everyone else to unmanageably long lines. And I say that as someone who knows how to work the system!

I know I’ve said this here before but my Aunt and Uncle went to WDW last year February and had a horrible time because they didn’t want to impose a rigid schedule to their vacation and then waited in horrible lines for basically everything and decided they’re never ever going back.

At least during FP 1.0 rides like HM and IASW didn’t get 70 minute waits in the summer because they were dedicating 100% of their capacity to the standby line.

To me thinking positive is that they’ll kill FP+ and put in a system that doesn’t advantage guests who know how to work the system and sentence everyone else to unmanageably long lines. And I say that as someone who knows how to work the system!

I know I’ve said this here before but my Aunt and Uncle went to WDW last year February and had a horrible time because they didn’t want to impose a rigid schedule to their vacation and then waited in horrible lines for basically everything and decided they’re never ever going back.

At least during FP 1.0 rides like HM and IASW didn’t get 70 minute waits in the summer because they were dedicating 100% of their capacity to the standby line.

I don’t care how they bring it back - just want SOMETHING back!!!!! I’m not saying the old system was great, just liked having that opportunity to get on a faster line!!

First of all... There’s nothing set in stone that says FP isn’t coming back. When Disney says it’s dead and never coming back, I’ll believe it. As far as this Thread goes, I think it’s pretty great the way it is!! People here prefer POSITIVITY and Hope for the future over Gloom and Doom - the path a lot of these threads have taken lately. Having hope for Disney to return to normalcy one day isn’t too far fetched. And to your last comment... You don’t have to like me, but know that I did step up to help out when this thread no longer had a true direction. You had every opportunity to pick up and continue where Ryan left off. Why didn’t you?!

Thank you for all you do. I love looking on these boards throughout the day and getting excited for the announcements. Your excitement and positivity comes across well and helps bring back many of us each and everyday.

Is FastPass+ Coming Back Sooner Than We Thought?

😮 I am giddy with the possibility of this happening!
I think I am in the minority by saying that I did not miss FP+ at all on our last two trips. It was wonderful to be able to walk around and ride what we wanted, when we wanted. The past trips I have always had my nose stuck in my phone trying to refresh and get the next FP+. It always seemed to work out that we had to walk clear across the park from where we were at to catch the next FP. My step count was much lower on the last two trips LOL

I don’t care how they bring it back - just want SOMETHING back!!!!! I’m not saying the old system was great, just liked having that opportunity to get on a faster line!!

There was a brief period time ... I think around 2013 or 2014 ... when they started testing FP+ for resort guests along with the original paper FP system. You want to take about gaming the system! ... I remember scheduling 3 FP+ in advance before there was tiering for the afternoon. I'd rope drop and grab a bunch of paper FPs and start hitting some rides with short lines and without the need for FP. A bit later in the morning I would move onto the paper FPs, and then into the afternoon I could move into FP+s! Pretty sure there wasn't Magic Bands back then as I was using my Key to the Kingdom card for the FP+. I knew it wasn't going to last but I sure enjoyed testing during the initial roll out days ...

Whatever they eventually roll out for the new FP system will probably rapidly evolve based on feedback and testing. Whether it's easily gamed or a mess at the start, Disney will eventually dial it in to somewhere in the middle. I've just got a strange feeling that guests arriving around the 50th through the end of the year may end up being the initial guinea pigs

I think I am in the minority by saying that I did not miss FP+ at all on our last two trips. It was wonderful to be able to walk around and ride what we wanted, when we wanted. The past trips I have always had my nose stuck in my phone trying to refresh and get the next FP+. It always seemed to work out that we had to walk clear across the park from where we were at to catch the next FP. My step count was much lower on the last two trips LOL
I didn't either on any trips this year, I kind of preferred the constantly moving lines.
Although I'm thinking my feeling might change come 4 weeks from now :)

Like, I want it back to guarantee some rides...but I'm not looking forward to the stress of trying to get it for all of us arriving on 3 different days, I did that last trip and I didn't like it.

I was kind of relieved most of my planning was done. And I'm afraid they will have add on options for a price that I will convince myself we can't live without. :D

I'd honestly rather have normal restaurant capacity, menus and hours before getting fast pass back!
I feel the same way! We’ve gone to Universal the last two years and the ease of everything was such a nice change.

As far as this Thread goes, I think it’s pretty great the way it is!! People here prefer POSITIVITY and Hope for the future over Gloom and Doom - the path a lot of these threads have taken lately. Having hope for Disney to return to normalcy one day isn’t too far fetched.

This bolded right here is pretty telling. Wow. You’re speaking for all people here now? Many of us have been on the news round up threads for years 🤣

Also, there’s absolutely nothing doom and gloom about pointing out realities - for example, that this glitch has been happening a while and might not mean anything.

There seems to be a mix up around here these days between negativity and reality. It’s very unfortunate that this thread is seemingly no longer open to different perspectives. People who chime in with (usually fact based) opinions are often treated are treated like debbie downers etc.

A perfect example is when you started an “official earnings call thread” as an offshoot of the news thread, then changed the new thread’s topic after 3 pages of responses. When the “official earnings call thread” was changed into the “hopes and dreams” thread because some were sharing realistic expectations and people didn’t want to hear it. People from this thread were going after any posts sharing realistic expectations as negativity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter