*** Newspaper Exchange sent/received *** COMPLETED :o)

Great to read of more arrivals. Thanks for all the updates.
Just received a package from wall*e2008.. thanks Colleen.:)

Customs opened it due to the nibblies, but left it in tact other than the box of nibbles had been opened, but the foil packet was intact.:goodvibes

Auriel, I sometimes watch a programme on TV that is all about Australian border control. They are very strict which is a good thing!

Great to read of more arrivals. Thanks for all the updates.

Auriel, I sometimes watch a programme on TV that is all about Australian border control. They are very strict which is a good thing!

Yeah, we watch that too Sarah and they are very strict.. I've had things taken from my packages that have come from overseas and even though I could get them back after they'd been de bugged etc... it's just not worth what they charge... $40 plus, so I just tell them to destroy it.

They are very strict with food and plant material as we are so isolated here.. this big island, totally surrounded by water in the middle of nowhere, so they have to be careful what comes in. But it can be a pain at times just the same.:upsidedow

I recieved my final package from Cruisin today, thankyou :) Something else for me to settle down and read tonight.

:wave: So happy to hear that your package has arrived safely.

I am still in Florida but do have access to the internet and a laptap that I can borrow occasionally so I thought I would check in.

Auriel, you don't have to be too jealous because there is frost on the truck this morning.:eek:

:wave: So happy to hear that your package has arrived safely.

I am still in Florida but do have access to the internet and a laptap that I can borrow occasionally so I thought I would check in.

Auriel, you don't have to be too jealous because there is frost on the truck this morning.:eek:

Wow Robin, frost in Florida. Still would be a nice change from the heat over here.

Must say I was quite surprised to see your post, as I know you're away. Hope you're having a lovely time.:goodvibes

Wow Robin, frost in Florida. Still would be a nice change from the heat over here.

Must say I was quite surprised to see your post, as I know you're away. Hope you're having a lovely time.:goodvibes

Well I certainly don't want to see frost when I go to Florida.

Not what I go to Florida for.

:sad2:

To my surprise I received a package in the mail from scotsgal56! She sent me The Courier and the Forfar Dispatch. Also included were some flyers for summer holidays, a mortgage broker and Somerfield. Almost forgot, some cookies or cakes as you call them, Jaffa cakes.

The store flyer is so interesting. Even though the names are different, the packaging looks the same as some of the products over here.

In a little while I'll sit down and take a look at the newspapers while enjoying my cookies.

Thank you, Seonaid!

Oh, I absolutely agree with that one :thumbsup2

Last time I called home there was no package for me yet.:goodvibes

Hopefully soon.

Howdy Robin:wave: I was thinking about what you said about the frost and I guess you see enough of it at home to not want to see it whilst you're on holiidays. Just have a good time regardless of the frost.:goodvibes

No package for you yet? Well you do know that your mail doesn't exactly arrive expresso hey? But, it would be nice if you arrived home to a waiting package hey? :)

We have frost here now too - it must be catching! :rotfl: We've gone from snow to wearing just sweatshirts and now to freezing cold in 2 weeks.

Hope we hear os some more arrivals soon.

Kirby - glad you liked your surprise second package. Did you try the Jaffa cakes?

We have frost here now too - it must be catching! :rotfl: We've gone from snow to wearing just sweatshirts and now to freezing cold in 2 weeks.

Hope we hear os some more arrivals soon.

Kirby - glad you liked your surprise second package. Did you try the Jaffa cakes?
Yes, they were nice and chewy! We definately don't have anything over here like that that I have seen. The grocery store I go to has quite a large area devoted to other countries' foods. I will have to see if they carry Jaffa cakes!

Hello fellow exchangers.

I heard that I have a package awaiting me at home.:dance3:

I have no further details other than that.

So when I get home I will report in and tell you all about it:thumbsup2

Hello fellow exchangers.

:woohoo: Excellent news Robin:woohoo:

I'm hoping to hear soon that the package I mailed has arrived.

Sarah, I looked at the store yesterday to see if it carred Jaffa Cakes. It doesn't carry them but it was so interesting to see the different items. Some of them are labeled in the same fashion as products familar here but the names are different.

I'm hoping to hear soon that the package I mailed has arrived.

Sarah, I looked at the store yesterday to see if it carred Jaffa Cakes. It doesn't carry them but it was so interesting to see the different items. Some of them are labeled in the same fashion as products familar here but the names are different.

My package has arrived!!! Thank you so much Susan! :goodvibes I really loved everything you sent. I had a flick through the sales papers from the stores ooh-ing and aah-ing at all the products before browsing the papers and electric company magazine. I will read them cover to cover for sure. Thanks also for the candy. Rowan had the Coconut Nest, DH had the Strawberry egg and Holly and I shared the Peanut Pattie and praline. My younger DD, Rowan was absolutely escstatic to receive Peeps as we saw them mentioned in the Easter/Spring Exchange signups and once we looked to see what they were online she was fixated on them - you made her day!

Thanks again for a wonderful package!

As for the Jaffa Cakes, if you have a craving for them ;) just holler and I will pop some in the mail. You get Jaffa Cake bars that are similar in size and shape to Twinkies, mmmmmmm! You are right about similar products though. I can think of a number of things (especially candy) that seem to be the same although the recipes may be different.

Hello fellow exchangers.

At least that is one reason to be happy about getting home! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter