Nexus at US airports

Happy to see this thread. We don't have Nexus but freq get TSA Pre Check on our boarding tickets. Departing from YVR is there a separate pre check security line?
When I asked last trip they just said oh, that's just for the US, not Canada. Then why is it on my Canadian ticket leaving Canada?

It's also been on my ticket leaving Geneva, Jakarta, and Accra (and others). They are correct, it is TSA Pre Check, so only works for TSA, not CATSA (and whatever those other countries have). There is a NEXUS line at most Canadian airport, but I don't remember if YVR is one of them (they definitely have NEXUS lines for the customs/immigration part, just don't remember about the security line. Moot point for you as you don't have NEXUS anyway (and I've generally had to show my NEXUS card to access the line at airports that have them where they aren't fed directly from the NEXUS immigration/customs section.

Would recommend checking in on the ship if they allow that. I know Royal does but don't remember if DCL did.

No, at least not for AC. In fact, I didn't think you could check in on the ship for any flight going to Canada.

Also be aware that just because you have/get TSA PreCheck, they won't necessarily have the line open. We had forgotten one year that you have to have them put it on your boarding pass instead of just showing the Nexus card like in a Canadian airport. We were kicking ourselves because the line was sooo long but then heard someone say that she'd got the TSA PreCheck but that the line wasn't open anyway (she was pretty ticked off). Sure enough - looked at that section and it was barricaded.

DH was in Chicago O'Hare once and the line wasn't open even though he had used his Nexus card on the boarding pass. Wasn't an issue because the line wasn't that long but he wondered what the point was of having it when they don't open it.

No, at least not for AC. In fact, I didn't think you could check in on the ship for any flight going to Canada.
It was available for Royal. Westjet as well.

So I guess it's a cruise line to cruise line thing. That sucks.

We're planning to book our electronic boarding passes on the ship the day before departure from MCO. I'm assuming as long as we input our KTN numbers during the boarding pass confirmation process that we should be ok. The biggest thing is (obviously) trying to circumvent the 'regular' security line. That would be great!

I guess if the TSA Precheck line is closed -- we're out of luck anyway.

Thanks for everyone's input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter