Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BDL

DIS Veteran
Hello.

I know this is a late start, and that the Wild Card weekend is over. But since no one had started a playoffs thread, I figured I would. Use this thread to sing the praises of your favorite teams to the mountain tops; or... Use it to talk trash about your favorite team's opponent (Disboards ethic codes still apply).

Have all the fun you can with this. Because, after Feb, there will be no football until Set.

------------

Here's my opinions on the games this weekend. 2 were unexpected blowouts, and 2 were episodes from the Twilight Zone. To get this out front and out of the way, I am die hard a Pats fan. While I didn't have a dog in any of the fights, I still had a vested interest in the results. I thought that KC would win and GB had a chance, I didn't expect them to hang 30/35 on their opponents. Especially the way they both played down the stretch.

As for the Twilight Zone games... What the Hell happened in the Pitt/Cin game. Never mind the whole game, just last 100 seconds. Interception... Fumble... Penalty... Injury... Penalty... Game winning field goal. ALL in 100 seconds. Cincy deserved the first 15yd penalty for targeting the head. At full speed, it was 50/50 intentional. At slow-mo, it was obvious. I do have a problem with the second 15 yarder. What was Joey Porter doing out there in the 1st place? It was obvious to me on my couch in Newton, MA that he was jawing at and baiting the Bengals' defense. How did the refs not see, and more importantly, hear what was going on. Granted P-M Jones should've shown some restraint. But the refs should've made it offsetting penalties. The rest is in the books. Then in the Wash/Minn game, it all came down to an extra point -4yds. And that ball moved like Tim Wakefield threw it. It went hard left (did anyone else think of Ray Finkle?). At the replay, the holder had the laces facing the kicker (again... anyone? Finkle?). Still not really an excuse. He should've been able to muscle the ball through, from there.

Next up, the divisional round. Place your bets... metaphorically speaking of course...

Saturday
KC @ NE 4:35pm CBS
GB @ AZ 8:15pm NBC

Sunday
Sea @ Car 1:05pm FOX
Pit @ Den 4:40pm CBS

Hello.

I know this is a late start, and that the Wild Card weekend is over. But since no one had started a playoffs thread, I figured I would. Use this thread to sing the praises of your favorite teams to the mountain tops; or... Use it to talk trash about your favorite team's opponent (Disboards ethic codes still apply).

Have all the fun you can with this. Because, after Feb, there will be no football until Set.

------------

Here's my opinions on the games this weekend. 2 were unexpected blowouts, and 2 were episodes from the Twilight Zone. To get this out front and out of the way, I am die hard a Pats fan. While I didn't have a dog in any of the fights, I still had a vested interest in the results. I thought that KC would win and GB had a chance, I didn't expect them to hang 30/35 on their opponents. Especially the way they both played down the stretch.

As for the Twilight Zone games... What the Hell happened in the Pitt/Cin game. Never mind the whole game, just last 100 seconds. Interception... Fumble... Penalty... Injury... Penalty... Game winning field goal. ALL in 100 seconds. Cincy deserved the first 15yd penalty for targeting the head. At full speed, it was 50/50 intentional. At slow-mo, it was obvious. I do have a problem with the second 15 yarder. What was Joey Porter doing out there in the 1st place? It was obvious to me on my couch in Newton, MA that he was jawing at and baiting the Bengals' defense. How did the refs not see, and more importantly, hear what was going on. Granted P-M Jones should've shown some restraint. But the refs should've made it offsetting penalties. The rest is in the books. Then in the Wash/Minn game, it all came down to an extra point -4yds. And that ball moved like Tim Wakefield threw it. It went hard left (did anyone else think of Ray Finkle?). At the replay, the holder had the laces facing the kicker (again... anyone? Finkle?). Still not really an excuse. He should've been able to muscle the ball through, from there.

Next up, the divisional round. Place your bets... metaphorically speaking of course...

Saturday
KC @ NE 4:35pm CBS
GB @ AZ 8:15pm NBC

Sunday
Sea @ Car 1:05pm FOX
Pit @ Den 4:40pm CBS

I LOL'd at the Tim Wakefield reference. It certainly looked like a knuckle ball dancing on a warm August night!

Of course I had to vote for my home team (I'm just outside of Worcester). I have some reservations based only on the past 6 games BUT to hear they should all be back makes me feel much better. Some people say "its only one guy, Edelman, so how much of an impact can ONE guy make"? I say, A LOT! Defenses now have to give him that respect and that takes away from all the other threats (Insert Gronk here).

I picked GB to dominate Washington and I was right (and one of only a few who felt that way). They have their hands full with AZ who are riding an 11 game win streak. Don't under estimate Aaron Rogers, he's no TB12 but he's GOOD, VERY GOOD.

Seattle and Carolina will be a battle of "the big lucky play". Something about both of those teams just seems fluky to me.

Pittsburgh will be dominated by Denver.

All in all, my picks are NE @ Den (NE wins by 4)
Arizona @ Carolina (AZ wins by 7)

NE and AZ in the Superbowl. NE wins by......

As a born and raised Pats fan who is now ADDITIONALLY a Seahawks fan by marriage, I am hoping for another Seahawks/Pats Super Bowl. I literally don't care who wins in that matchup and last year was bliss for me since I got to root for everyone. DH was less pleased, but I must admit it was a tiny bit of payback from when he rooted for the Giants against the Pats in 2008.

It was obvious to me on my couch in Newton, MA that he was jawing at and baiting the Bengals' defense. How did the refs not see, and more importantly, hear what was going on. Granted P-M Jones should've shown some restraint. But the refs should've made it offsetting penalties.

Porter was out there with an injured Antonio Brown and a trainer. He would have left the field if not for Bengals stopped him then surrounded him trying to intimidate him. They failed.

Perfect ending for the team of thugs from Cincy - and their idiotic fans.

The Bungels/Steelers game was brutal!

I'll be happy if the Steelers survive the Broncos with Big Ben and AB day to day, and thrilled if they make it to the Super Bowl. Especially after the rough start we had this season. Black and Gold all the way!

If the Seahawks/Pats end up in the Super Bowl again, I'm going to find something else to do with my Super Bowl Sunday.

I am an Eagles fan, but my wife and son are Packers fans, so I am rooting for the Packers. Loved the win vs Washington, but I'm not sure they are a strong enough team to go all the way.

I do not want the Patriots or Steelers to win. Patriots are cheaters, and Ben Roethlesberger is a horrible human being (Yes, I know he was never charged. Yes, I still think he did it).

If Packers don't make it to the Super Bowl, I would like the Chiefs or the Broncos to win. I would find it hilarious if Andy Reid won a Super Bowl with the Chiefs the same year Chip Kelly (his replacement on the Eagles) is fired. I am also good with the Broncos winning because then Peyton Manning can retire after winning Super Bowl 50.

I am an Eagles fan, but my wife and son are Packers fans, so I am rooting for the Packers. Loved the win vs Washington, but I'm not sure they are a strong enough team to go all the way.

I do not want the Patriots or Steelers to win. Patriots are cheaters, and Ben Roethlesberger is a horrible human being (Yes, I know he was never charged. Yes, I still think he did it).

If Packers don't make it to the Super Bowl, I would like the Chiefs or the Broncos to win. I would find it hilarious if Andy Reid won a Super Bowl with the Chiefs the same year Chip Kelly (his replacement on the Eagles) is fired. I am also good with the Broncos winning because then Peyton Manning can retire after winning Super Bowl 50.

This post hurts my feelings :(

Can I taunt you when the Patriots win it again this year? :p

It's to hard to say right now who will end up in the Superbowl. So much rides on who will be playing/not playing with what injury next week.

Denver/Steelers? Steelers have a chance if Ben is able to play healthy. Denver has a chance if Manning can pull it off, but at least Denver has the option of a backup if it's an "off" day.

I'm pretty sure the Patriots will win next week ove the Chiefs, but if Manning is on his game the week after, it's up in the air for the AFC Championship. I haven't heard anything on how Brady's ankle is doing? They're being awfully quiet about it - at least from what I am seeing/hearing out here in the Midwest. Not sure how much Boston is talking about it.

Seahawks - ehh. They only won because Minn lost. The game could have gone either way. I feel the same for next week against the Panthers. The Panthers will have to really scew up in order for Seattle to win. But I can see it happening. Seattle has more experience in big games.

Green Bay has a shot, even with shaky reg season play. Rogers knows when it's time to focus. Don't know much about Arizona, but I don't see them blowing GB out of the water even if they end up winning.

My picks for the AFC/NFC Championship games? Pats/Denver, and GB/Seattle. But only because Seattle finds weird ways to win. Not because they really earn it or deserve it.

I'd love to see either the Pats or Broncos against Green Bay in the Superbowl.

I'd like to see Brady win back to back, Manning to end his career on a high note (I feel his pain since we are both turing 40 this year LOL), and Rogers to get another SB win under his belt. But most of all, I would like to see a good old passionate, CLEAN game of old-school football.

Last edited:
Pat Carrol coaches the Seahawks. His team won.
Right, he was saying that even though he's not a Vikings fan he wants the FG to be good so that Pete Carroll would have lost. I'm so with him on that, hope the Panthers get them next week. Pat Caroll, by the way, was the voice of Ursula the sea switch. I'm pretty sure she's never coached in the NFL.

Russell Wilson is the number 4 QB in the NFL over my beloved Tom Brady at 11. The Vikings game was hard fought by both teams, but the Seahawks beat Arizona 36 to 6 the previous week. Flukes? Not earned or deserved? How do you not earn 36 points?

I pick the Carolina Panthers, using my typical clear cut logic. Neither Carolina nor Arizona has even won the Super Bowl. All the other teams still alive have won at least once. So it's between Arizona and Carolina. Both teams have reached the SB, but the Panthers have gone longer without making an appearance, so Carolina. Plus their uniforms are nicer than the Cardinals, and their stadium in within the city limits of Charlotte, while Arizona plays in some god forsaken suburb in a stadium with a stupid name. Plus Carolina never abandoned a city like the Cardinals did.

Panthers all the way!! I don't see how anybody could disagree. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter