NHMickeys weekly thought to ponder.... (A question of the week) 5/15/01

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
Ok here is this weeks question.... Live from WDW.

What Park and or Ride has the greatest meaning to you and why?

My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. I feel like that is what Disney is all about. I do not believe you are in Disney World until you walk down Main Street and smell the popcorn and chocolate chip cookies. Whenever I arrive in Disney World, I drop off my bags and go to the Magic Kingdom.

My favorite ride is Peter Pans Flight. I am a product of the 50's and remember the magic of that show on TV once a year. It takes me to a happy time in my life.

Gee, I wish I was there right now.

Darlene

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, as well. There's nothing calmer than sitting in front of the Main Street Bakery, with a cup of coffee and a freshly made pastry, watching people's facial expressions as they gaze down the street. How sad we were last week to find it closed for refurbishment. We thought it was fine the way it was. We'll be back in six months and expect that it'll be open and waiting for us.

it was the only park that existed way back when I visited for the firt time in 1976! I still get choked up when we enter the park and I stop in the middle of Main Street to just stare at the Castle and soak it all in. I love to stroll down the street hand in hand with DH and just watch all the magical smiles on everyones faces. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

tigger2esq...I posted, a while back, that with everyday stress that we all encounter, the look of contentment on my husband's face, as we stroll down Main Street, is worth the entire trip, to me. That's why our first stop is always the bakery. I love to steal glances at his face, as he sits there.

I also have to copy everyone else so far. Magic Kingdom is my favorite. I love the peterpan flight and the twilight parade. Cant wait to go back in OCT to see it all again. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

It's definitely the Magic Kingdom for our favorite park. I don't know exactly why, but that's always the first park we go to and just walking out of the tunnel under the train station and getting the first glimpse up Main Street to the castle is just amazing. I just loving being in that park even when just sitting on a bench somewhere watching the people parade. You just get the feeling that nothing could ever go wrong. I also like riding to Epcot on the monorail -- the ride around Spaceship Earth and then through the park makes you very anxious to get on the ground and get going.

I can't wait until November!!!!

I don't do rides so my favorite memory is having dinner at the Castle last year to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary with the fireworks going off in the background. Talk about some goosebumps. :sunny:

Hey Nat ~

You didn't answer your own question! :wave: What's yours?

Animal Kingdom, not surprisingly!

It is a very spiritual one to me. The greenery, animals everywhere, cultural reminders of human diversity and just enjoying the fact that it is so different really appeals to me. I walk around and, although I may see crowds, I don't see lines everywhere. It has a calming, soothing effect on me. The greenery and the animals definitely has a lot to do with it!

My favorite ride? Hum... I just enjoy watching the animals. my favorite attractions are Honey, I shrunk the Audience and It's a Bug's Life.

Wanda

I agree with the majority here. I've lost track of how many times I have been to WDW, but each time we go, I am in a hurry to get to the MK. I too love that feeling when I first look up Main Street and see the Castle. Something changes in the atmosphere and the Disney Magic takes over. I can't even put it into words...but I think you all know what I mean.

Leslie

I would say it's a tie for me... I love Epcot but I also love the feel of the AK. Both are so pretty to just walk through. I'm not a hugh ride goer but I do love to just sit and watch the gardens and people.:D

If I could only do one park while in Florida, I would go to Disney/MGM Studios, although I was heartbroken to find that they had closed the Doug Live! show when I was there on Wednesday. Hunchback is my favorite, though, and that show still gives me goosebumps when I watch it.

My second choice - and it's a really close second - is Epcot, and my favorite thing to do there is listen to American Vybe sing at American Adventure. If you have a chance to see them on a day when the Voices of Liberty are also on the schedule - DO NOT MISS IT! The two groups sometimes sing together on one number and the sound is breathtaking.

Unlike everyone else, I do not spend much time at the Magic Kingdom, although now that Spectromagic is back I will get there more often. When I step through the gates of MK my first thought is "I wish I was at Disneyland." The fact that I am not at DL makes me sad because I like the California park so much more.

My favorite ride is Space Mountain at Disneyland. I don't like the version at WDW.

I can't pick a favoirte park, I have two. I love epcot, but also love MGM so I spend most of my time when at WDw at these two parks.
But my favorite ride is Small World. I make sure I see those cute dolls every trip at least the equivilent of once a day, so I went on it 3 times on Thrusday because I arrived in Fl on tuesday night, spend the entire day Wednesday at MGM doing the pin thing, and had to see my Small World on Thursday before I left.
Now don't all hate me because I know deep down inside you all have a soft spot for that ride. Peggie

For me it is the magic of the MK. I love the other parks to but for me walking underneath the train and then seeing main street and the castle just does it for me! As for favorite rides and memories, must say the teacups! just love the ride! I remember going with my brother and we sat across from each other and we wanted to make each other sick! So around and around we went! Plus I just love one of the Madd Hatters! He is a hoot! When ever I see the "real one" we have to talk to him!

I would have to say my favorite park is Animal Kingdom. :D I just love those tigers. They are so cute ;) ;) .

Berlioz

Ok, I'm going to break the cycle here and go for something different. My favorite park is actually Disneyland. I do love Magic Kingdom, but Disneyland just has that something special about it that I can't put my finger on. To me there is more magic there. I guess it also helps that my favorite ride is Pirates and Disneyland's version is just so much better than the one at MK. Every time I walk through the gates at DL I feel like I am coming home.
If I had to choose a park at WDW it would probably be a tie between Epcot (I love the world showcase) and Magic Kingdom (love that huge castle), but I also love MGM.

Lisa

My favorite park by far is Epcot, mainly world showcase. I love the feel of different countries and trying so many new things.

But my favorite ride is Splash Mountain, every trip we try to go one more time than the last time. Love the animatronics and the drops.:smooth:

I would have to say fave park is MGM because of the RnR & ToT plus I just love the feel of this park.

My favorite ride and a must is by far the Haunted Mansion. Mainly because on my DS's first trip we tried for 12 days to get him on it . He was too scared, just 4 by a few days at the time. We finally got him on it the last day, he hid behind Nana the whole time. And the announced it was his favorite ride. I then spent the next hour, mind you in September with no lines, riding the HM. I still see him as that little boy when we ride the HM together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter