Niue Longhouse

CanadaKid

Earning My Ears
We were thinking of requesting the Niue longhouse at the Polynesian for our upcoming trip in August due to its close proximity to the GCH and pools. You don't read much on these boards about this particular building other than it has two floors with no elevator and no balconies. I guess, since it's small, fewer people have stayed there.

I've read the Niue section on Tikiman's site but I was wondering if there are any DIS types out there who have stayed in this longhouse recently. Any information would be helpful.

Have Fun!

CanadaKid

P.S. to Tikiman: Your site has obviously taken a lot of work to create and maintain. It is invaluable to anybody considering staying at the Polynesian and it is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

hey, we stayed in rarotonga which is right next to niue. actually,
i believe you go up the stairs at rarotonga to get to the niue's
second floor. it is a great location. and if you request a first floor
room you'll have a private patio. this is my first choice as for
buildings at the poly. you have either the quiet pool or main pool
and lobby right in your backyard. not to mention if you get
refillable mugs it is very convienant.

Jsbl24: It looked like the perfect location on the map - thanks for confirming. Can anyone who has stayed recently comment on room cleanliness / "freshness" in Niue?

The Polynesian seems to be renovating longhouses here and there throughout the resort. In August Aotearoa and Fiji will be closed for improvements and next year they are closing the Hawaii longhouse, again, for the summer. It's hard to believe that Aotearoa needed any renovations after visiting there last year - it seemed like it was just done.

It looks like they have shut down the western non-lagoon longhouses. Could it be that the place is NOT sold out? Why else would they do this in the middle of summer holiday season? Are the American kids back in school already?? Canadian kids don't go back until the day after Labour Day. What's the deal?

I think Tikiman is there now. Maybe when he returns, he can shed some light on the situation.

Have Fun!

CanadaKid

I'm beginning to think that they have begun a complete resort-wide renovation, and that maybe they have just started with Fiji & Aotearoa (they are the western non-lagoon longhouses). Also we know that Hawaii will be renovated next summer, so maybe they're just making their way through the resort renovating a couple of longhouses at a time.

Also, I'm just wondering since the renovations seem like they are going to take a few months for each longhouse, maybe they are adding second floor balconies to the longhouses that have none??? Just speculation but wouldn't that be cool!

Like you said, I'm sure Tikiman will fill us in when he returns.

BrianD: Your theory may well be right on the money. If they were starting a resort-wide renovation, they could start at one end bringing down two adjacent longhouses at a time and be finished in four or five stages.

Hopefully Tikiman will fill us in.

We will be driving down from Canada to WDW. Last week in Toronto it was 36 degrees with a humidex of 45! We were all melting but I suppose that's a normal summer day for you folks in Georgia!

Have Fun!

CanadaKid

We found it to be perfect for walking to the TTC. It was very quiet and was the most pleasant 3 to 4 minute walk to the GCH we have taken. We are thinking of asking for it again. We were on the lagoon side and could see the MK fireworks over Tahiti just fine. My wife first wanted to try the AKL but loves the Poly so much we are thinking of switching back to the Poly. Hope this helps..smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter