• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Super stoked for FP/MP for Autopia! I've always loved that ride, but only do it once per trip (typically 3-4 days of park time) just because that line can be long, and if it's hot out, there's virtually no shade.

Oooo.

Monsters will probably go way faster than it deserves since DCA is light on FP rides in general and kid ones in particular (only TSMM).

Autopia has had FP before... I think I’ll be middle of the pack.

I don’t really like them adding FP in general, but these are fine, I think.

I get nervous when they add fast pass because I start thinking about how fast pass plus has really screwed up WDW by increasing wait times due to so many rides having fast pass. But as a mom with younger kids, these are two great rides for us to add to our maxpass rotation. I seriously need the little one to get to 40”.

Surprising but not unwelcome, especially for Autopia. How long do we think it will take to implement?

Surprising but not unwelcome, especially for Autopia. How long do we think it will take to implement?

Unsure but I hope Autopia is pretty fast. I mean they used to have FP historically. Monsters In has the room and it shouldn't be hard. So now we wait for the official dates. I am just glad we got official word this is happening at all.

Can we add MaxPass for the duration of our ticket once we arrive? Tickets already purchased via Canadian Resident's discount.

Can we add MaxPass for the duration of our ticket once we arrive? Tickets already purchased via Canadian Resident's discount.
You typically have to add day-by-day if they’re not originally attached to your tickets.

It’s possible they could do something at the ticket booth; however, since it takes literal seconds to add through the app each day (assuming your credit card is loaded), I personally wouldn’t bother trying. Just add each day as desired.

You typically have to add day-by-day if they’re not originally attached to your tickets.

It’s possible they could do something at the ticket booth; however, since it takes literal seconds to add through the app each day (assuming your credit card is loaded), I personally wouldn’t bother trying. Just add each day as desired.

Thanks. We have to activate the Canadian tickets when we arrive so I guess we can ask then.

I get nervous when they add fast pass because I start thinking about how fast pass plus has really screwed up WDW by increasing wait times due to so many rides having fast pass. But as a mom with younger kids, these are two great rides for us to add to our maxpass rotation. I seriously need the little one to get to 40”.

feek you. My daughter is currently at 38.5 with shoes on and our next trip is in 8.5 months. I’m hoping she can get there, but regardless I think monsters is a great addition to fastpass for littles in DCA.

feek you. My daughter is currently at 38.5 with shoes on and our next trip is in 8.5 months. I’m hoping she can get there, but regardless I think monsters is a great addition to fastpass for littles in DCA.

Same boat. 39”. I mean COME ON AND GROW ALREADY. 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Can I grab a Fastpass for World of Color if I've only scanned into Disneyland? Likewise, can I grab a Fastpass for Fantasmic if I've only scanned into California Adventure? Or do I need to physically enter both parks to grab Fastpasses for both shows?

Can I grab a Fastpass for World of Color if I've only scanned into Disneyland? Likewise, can I grab a Fastpass for Fantasmic if I've only scanned into California Adventure? Or do I need to physically enter both parks to grab Fastpasses for both shows?
You can be scanned in at any park to get them. Doesn't matter the side. That's the benefit of maxpass :) You can pull fastpasses at the other park without physically going over there.

Can Maxpass be used to secure a fastpass for Fantasmic? When can/should this be done? First timer, thank you!

Is this a "race" to get one through MP like getting a BG for Rise?
Not even a little bit. Nothing is comparable to Rise BGs. I mean, I’d book one pretty soon just so you don’t forget and miss out, but no rushing is required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter