No Masks Outdoors 5/15/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess at this point, anything is possible. I have to believe one of the last places that people will need masks will be on the busses and the monorail (and the Skyliner if they load multiple families).
I think it’ll depend on when CDC guidance changes again. I think the new policy won’t be too big of a burden on the guests and there won’t be a huge rush to get rid of masks everywhere that soon.

If you are saying the because it is Independence Day ok. If because Biden had set July 4th as a goal, he just said small backyard bbq with friends, not massive crowds. So while he set it as a target, it wasn’t full no mask policy at WDW that he was talking about.

I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad I'll be departing WDW tomorrow. The mask has not bothered me at all, and has made me feel safe all week. Most notably during afternoon rain showers when everybody crams up next to each other outdoors for cover (as in, less than 6 inches of space between you and the next person).

I don't see how they will enforce masks when entering indoor queue areas. People are going to just take them off as soon as the CM isn't looking, as they do now. Very few people are following the floor distance markings and I would feel uncomfortable being indoors with people right on top of me unmasked.

Ooh this surprises me. I had expected them to open up a lot more things and would up capacity a lot more before they would relax mask measures. Guess I was wrong!

If you are saying the because it is Independence Day ok. If because Biden had set July 4th as a goal, he just said small backyard bbq with friends, not massive crowds. So while he set it as a target, it wasn’t full no mask policy at WDW that he was talking about.

The latest July 4th goal that has yet to be met is for 70% of all adults to have had at least one vaccine dose by then. I could see all masks go away by then as an added bonus. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, if things keep drastically improving.

July 4th is a symbolic date, I don't think they'd pass up announcing things then. More freedoms on our day of freedom, etc. etc.

CDC will also continue to update guidance generally -- they've already done so for fully vaccinated people multiple times.

I wonder if it's the Copper Creek studio we got stuck in during Irma. Remember when a 2-day park closure was historic? GOOD TIMES

The latest July 4th goal that has yet to be met is for 70% of all adults to have had at least one vaccine dose by then. I could see all masks go away by then as an added bonus. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, if things keep drastically improving.

July 4th is a symbolic date, I don't think they'd pass up announcing things then. More freedoms on our day of freedom, etc. etc.

CDC will also continue to update guidance generally -- they've already done so for fully vaccinated people multiple times.

I really see the end in site for masks. By end of summer there will be very few places if any left that they will still be required. Things are moving fast.

I suppose I'm in the minority here, but I'm glad I'll be departing WDW tomorrow. The mask has not bothered me at all, and has made me feel safe all week. Most notably during afternoon rain showers when everybody crams up next to each other outdoors for cover (as in, less than 6 inches of space between you and the next person).

I don't see how they will enforce masks when entering indoor queue areas. People are going to just take them off as soon as the CM isn't looking, as they do now. Very few people are following the floor distance markings and I would feel uncomfortable being indoors with people right on top of me unmasked.

They already have CM enforcing for the lines, it really is no different, and for many it will be easier to comply in line when once you get off and back outside it can come off. The being able to let your kid snack in the stroller when walking around, being able to drink and walk, and all that will make it just more enjoyable overall. Plus outdoors they would have lost so much more control anyway with them consistently increasing crowds.

I'm at MK now. There are no clear signs indicating the change in policy, and there is a lot of confusion amongst guests. I confirmed the policy change with a yellow-shirt CM.

I was getting a lot of awkward stares while walking around the Poly grounds without the mask earlier this morning.

I'm at MK now. There are no clear signs indicating the change in policy, and there is a lot of confusion amongst guests. I confirmed the policy change with a yellow-shirt CM.

I was getting a lot of awkward stares while walking around the Poly grounds without the mask earlier this morning.

Probably because they dropped the news so late last night.

I can see that happening over the next days and weeks, not just at WDW, but in general until people get used to things moving back towards normalcy.

Give it a day. By tomorrow majority will be walking around maskless with you.

My fear is actually the opposite.. My family will probably be ridiculed for wearing our masks during our July trip. We are all wearing for our son who is not yet eligible for vaccine.

For the first time in forever.......happy dances over here! Now deciding we are booked at Christmas, which is much more expensive and crowded--or do we switch it up and head down this summer???? Good first world problems to have:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter