Nominations for ‘Pearl Harbor’

Another Voice

Charter Member of The Element
I’m surprised no one has posted this already. This is the very height of awards season here in Hollywood and Disney’s ‘Pearl Harbor’ has finally scored it first major nominations. After being completely snubbed by the Golden Globes, the American Film Institute, the Screen Actors’ Guild, the Director’s Guild and the Writer’s Guild – the film that Michael Eisner called “as close to a sure thing as you can get in Hollywood” has finally earned some recognition.

Yes, ‘Pearl Harbor’ has landed a very impressive 6 Golden Raspberry Award Nominations. The Razzies are the most anticipated and most enjoyable award present in town, and one of the few that lets the fan vote. While not the most nominated film (‘Freddy Got Fingered’ landed eight), this is still a very impressive.

The nominations are: Worst Picture, Worst Actor (Ben Affleck), Worst Couple (Ben Affleck and either Kate Beckinsale or Josh Hartnett), Worst Remake or Sequel, Worst Director (Michael Bay), and Worst Screenplay (Randall Wallace). For the complete list of nominations, visit http://www.razzies.com.

In all seriousness, the nominations for the Oscars are going to be announced early tomorrow morning. ‘Pearl’ is not expected to garner any, and most of Disney’s hopes for the major awards had been pinned on ‘The Shipping News’ (enough said). It is expected that ‘Monsters, Inc.’ will receive a nomination for Best Animated Feature. More tomorrow.

I think their site is swamped right now. That or Eisner has ordered some of the spitting camels to attack.

As for the movies, the Oscars go to the production company not the distributor. All the films Mr. Scoop mentioned are (as far as I know), just pick-ups by Miramax. Disney didn’t have anything to do with actually making the films, they just booked the movies into theaters in the United States.

I would give PH a razzie in each catagory mentioned. They took a good concept and ruined it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter