"Non-popular" attractions

Under the Sea
Gran Fiesta tour (love that there's never a line for this)
Living with the Land

I must admit I don't understand all the love for CoP. We went on it during our first trip in 2010. Air conditioning was nice and got a little nap. LOL. I managed to not go on it during our 2016 and 2017 trips. (DH wants to go on it, but always forgets about it and I'm not about to remind him!) I'm hoping to not go on it again this year.

I love them all, but especially Carousel of Progress, PhilharMagic, Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth. And Figment. And Swiss Family Treehouse. And, and, and... I love all the rides!

I'm a huge fan of Gran Fiesta Tour (my favorite dark ride, honestly), Living With the Land, Spaceship Earth, and the Peoplemover! I also enjoy Country Bears Jamboree and Tiki Room, and the Frontierland Shootin Gallery too. All of my must-do's are usually things other people tend to skip over, haha.

i Remember the Tiki room from my first trip when I was 5 so we had to go there on our first family trip. I thought my kids were board and didn’t like it, but about an hour after we saw the show, my DD5 starting singing the song in line for IASW. So, as a family we sang the song the rest of the day. :)

Last edited:
I always thought my kids hated Tiki Room - we skipped it several trips (though we went to see it when they rethemed it with Zazu and Iago).

Fast forward to this year, with my now adult children - my oldest has two children and my wife and I are going with his family in a couple weeks. And what's on his list? Of course - the Tiki Room.

Much like IASW - you can make fun of it AND secretly love it at the same time!

Last edited:
We love Philharmagic, COP, Tiki Room, People Mover and Living with the Land. I'm not positive any of those are unpopular per say, just often not as busy.
Personally, I truly love Living with the Land. I think it is so underrated (JHMO). I love the whole concept of this ride.
The air conditioning in these areas helps as well :)

We did Philharmagic for the first time last month. Loved it!
And Impressions de France is so awesome!

What are some of your favorite non-popular attractions at WDW? I know a lot of people enjoy Tom Sawyer Island, but I'm just not a fan. I find it boring, but I don't have kids who would enjoy it either. We love Carousel of Progress, Journey into the Imagination, and the Peoplemover (though that's debatable on being low on popularity.) Just curious what others like to do that's not high in crowds.

One of my favorite is the Swiss Family Treehouse. It is very immersive and often totally overlooked.

We love Philharmagic, COP, Tiki Room, People Mover and Living with the Land. I'm not positive any of those are unpopular per say, just often not as busy.
Personally, I truly love Living with the Land. I think it is so underrated (JHMO). I love the whole concept of this ride.
The air conditioning in these areas helps as well :)

I truly love Living with the Land too. I do it every time I'm in Epcot (three times, last trip!). It's paired with Soarin, in my mind, in that I time my FPs so the two are back to back. And what's up with the longer lines, these days? Used to be a walk-on.

But I'm off point. Have you done the Behind the Seeds tour? A couple years ago, my mom and I did it (before our ADR at Garden Grill, which gives you a view into the backside of the farmhouse) and now I love it even more! I'd highly recommend it.

I truly love Living with the Land too. I do it every time I'm in Epcot (three times, last trip!). It's paired with Soarin, in my mind, in that I time my FPs so the two are back to back. And what's up with the longer lines, these days? Used to be a walk-on.

But I'm off point. Have you done the Behind the Seeds tour? A couple years ago, my mom and I did it (before our ADR at Garden Grill, which gives you a view into the backside of the farmhouse) and now I love it even more! I'd highly recommend it.

No, it’s on my list of things we have to do during one of our visits. It’s reasonably priced and looks really interesting. There is just never enough time!

So thanks much to this thread - I have two things I'd love to fit in that I never considered:

Impressions de France - we vacationed in Paris since our last WDW trip, so this may mean much more to us than it would have before that; plus it's another AC opportunity!

The Treehouse after dark - not likely to even be there that late (since we'll be with little ones with relatively early bedtimes); but if we are, I think I'll suggest it.

Splash Mountain after dark was a very different ride than during the day - speaking of scary; we were the last boat that left before they shut it down temporarily due to lightning. We heard them say "OK, last one" as we departed. That added a bit of unexpected emotion, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter