Not All Good News for FP (Fixed.....for now???)

It may. I'll be able to ask someone

Nope. It goes right to the confirm screen hit confirm its there
Latest version of MDE or an old one?
Do you mind trying an experiment? I bet your phone Is fast enough that you aren’t seeing it. Can you try to grab a FP that’s reasonably in demand, wait 30 seconds on the screen that gives you the rides and times available and then tap the time you want (if you’re in the park and aren’t free to do this no problem). I’m Curious if you’ll get a message that says ‘Sorry to interrupt but’ and goes on to tell you either that no times are available or gives you a different time from what you tapped on.

Latest version of MDE or an old one?
Do you mind trying an experiment? I bet your phone Is fast enough that you aren’t seeing it. Can you try to grab a FP that’s reasonably in demand, wait 30 seconds on the screen that gives you the rides and times available and then tap the time you want (if you’re in the park and aren’t free to do this no problem). I’m Curious if you’ll get a message that says ‘Sorry to interrupt but’ and goes on to tell you either that no times are available or gives you a different time from what you tapped on.
I'll do that. Give me a sec

It's so late the choices are limited but if you wait on the times shown screen yes there is a chance that time could be gone by the time you hit it. But if you see a test track for 10 minutes from the time you refresh why would you wait to hit the time?

Another thought my wife brought up. We are doing this in the car. Ap holders so we can test pull. Dont be on the disney wifi. It will slow you down. That's how I've pulled group 23 and group 7 on rotr boarding groups. The wifi is a hindrance to refresh

It's so late the choices are limited but if you wait on the times shown screen yes there is a chance that time could be gone by the time you hit it. But if you see a test track for 10 minutes from the time you refresh why would you wait to hit the time?

Neither JETSDAD nor I are in the parks right now so not using Disney wifi. I was on cell data and it was normal. I also tried it with my computer and got the same results.

I think because you have a fast phone, you're beating everyone else out (but it could be something else). For the rest of us, a 1 or 2 second delay in hitting the time you want is enough for us to lose it. Before today, you could take up to about 5 minutes to think about it before losing it. I'm sure most people didn't wait that long. They saw a TT 10 mins in the future and grabbed it within a few seconds (a few seconds longer if doing something else while refreshing). But now, taking the time to even think that it's 10 minutes in the future, great, I'll grab it, and already it's gone. When I grabbed FOP and Navi today I couldn't take the time to see the time. I saw the icon and immediately pressed the time on the far left. That was the only way for me to actually get it and not get an error that the time I wanted was gone.

Did your wife try it waiting 30 seconds before hitting the time for the FEA? And it went through for her?

Messing with AK this morning; they are definitely "holding" them less than a minute. I've not zeroed in on how long you have to grab one, but it has changed. I'm having a lot more luck than when they did this before, but they have definitely tweaked something.

The other thing I noticed is that if I'm fast enough and do grab it, and it asks me to confirm on the next page, then I can toggle back and forth to the first screen and it keeps it for me until I hit "confirm."

Messing with AK this morning; they are definitely "holding" them less than a minute. I've not zeroed in on how long you have to grab one, but it has changed. I'm having a lot more luck than when they did this before, but they have definitely tweaked something.

The other thing I noticed is that if I'm fast enough and do grab it, and it asks me to confirm on the next page, then I can toggle back and forth to the first screen and it keeps it for me until I hit "confirm."
MK is the park that it is most obvious in because there are more people trying to grab FP's at any given time. It's still doing the second search this morning and I've lost a few BTM even clicking on them immediately. I was able to grab an AM 7DMT though. The nice thing is that when it goes this way it seems there are more options for good FP's, as long as you can grab them (that can be the tricky part).

Ugh, not this again. Not only is the app running super slow for me, SDD and NRJ were both gone when I immediately tried to grab them.

I've grabbed FoP, NRJ, and Everest of course. So far I only "lost" one NRJ. When they did this before I couldn't hardly ever keep any choice. Even with FoP I had time at least to read the return time, clicked on it and "kept" it. Ugh, I do agree it tends to make more good grabs show up, but man, it adds to the stress. 🤣

I've grabbed FoP, NRJ, and Everest of course. So far I only "lost" one NRJ. When they did this before I couldn't hardly ever keep any choice. Even with FoP I had time at least to read the return time, clicked on it and "kept" it. Ugh, I do agree it tends to make more good grabs show up, but man, it adds to the stress. 🤣

It does seem a little less volatile than last year when this happened. But part of that may be that there was so much going on with the system yesterday that people didn’t figure out what was going on. In the morning I had great success. In the afternoon I was losing more of them. As people figure it out and everyone is tapping as fast as they can it’s going to get harder

Ok, hope this works. Just wanted to show what we mean when we say how quickly a FP can be selected and still not be available once clicked on. Also includes about 30 seconds of annoying MK refreshing (scrolling sucks lol). I was using the mobile site because the app was lagging.

Ok, hope this works. Just wanted to show what we mean when we say how quickly a FP can be selected and still not be available once clicked on. Also includes about 30 seconds of annoying MK refreshing (scrolling sucks lol). I was using the mobile site because the app was lagging.

I remember vividly the last time this happened. I think it was around March 31st. It was really hard to grab the headliners. You would refresh, spend time selecting and in the second check confirm screen, it would not be available.

The second issue was the non-headliners. Say you were trying to move up your non-headliner FPs that is in one hour to within the hour. And say you saw a time that was 15 minutes away. You would click it and then on the second availability check / confirm screen, it would not be available, but a time 3 hours away would be available. It would ask you to confirm and if you confirmed thinking it was the original time within 15 minutes, you would wind up with a time that was much later! You had to watch closely what you were confirming. It made refreshing take longer.

I’ll be watching this closely. We’ll be in the parks in 3 weeks.

I would ask you to confirm and if you confirmed thinking it was the original time within 15 minutes, you would wind up with a time that was much later! You had to watch closely what you were confirming. It made refreshing take longer.

I’ll be watching this closely. We’ll be in the parks in 3 weeks.

it’s a little bit better this time (or maybe we didn’t notice last time) in that once you get to the confirmation screen it is holding it for you. So you can quickly grab whatever time it shows you and then take a breath on the confirmation screen and review it to be sure it’s what you want before confirming.

The app is basically unusable for me today as far as FP’s go. I keep getting the spinning blue circle. Sometime it works and lets me choose a FP, and sometime it goes to an error message. I had a SDD FP pop up so I grabbed it. I got it and went back to try and modify it to a different time and got the message that my selection wasn’t available. Huh? It was showing on my home screen as booked. :rolleyes2

to whom do we complain?
To whomever will listen? Last time the thread blew up with people noticing (a big thread of unhappy Disney fans also gets noticed by the company apparently) and filing complaints with Disney IT, guest services in the parks, the chat feature on the app, email guest relations, or from the last time this happened, we got one member who was told; "Any technical concerns would be best handle by MyMagic+® Technical Support at (407) 939-7765. Select English and then option 4 and any of their agents will be more than happy to assist you!"

Rereading the old thread when this happened before, it was also accompanied by changes in MDX and it acting flaky... This will mainly impact those whose FP day has arrived, and also the people trying to pull same-day FP's in the parks. Last time, it was often passed off by CM's as a "glitch," or that this is the way it's always been (it's not), I don't know if anyone has talked one-on-one with a CM this time or not.

To whomever will listen? Last time the thread blew up with people noticing (a big thread of unhappy Disney fans also gets noticed by the company apparently) and filing complaints with Disney IT, guest services in the parks, the chat feature on the app, email guest relations, or from the last time this happened, we got one member who was told; "Any technical concerns would be best handle by MyMagic+® Technical Support at (407) 939-7765. Select English and then option 4 and any of their agents will be more than happy to assist you!"

Rereading the old thread when this happened before, it was also accompanied by changes in MDX and it acting flaky... This will mainly impact those whose FP day has arrived, and also the people trying to pull same-day FP's in the parks. Last time, it was often passed off by CM's as a "glitch," or that this is the way it's always been (it's not), I don't know if anyone has talked one-on-one with a CM this time or not.
I'm always willing to complain. Ask my wife, I'm pretty good at it!

I sent an email through the address provided on the app. I think that's what they asked me to do last time when I called in (to be honest, it's been nearly a year, I could be mistaken lol). It was clever on their part to do it when they also did something that excited people (the new FP) and could hide the issue behind the system being hammered by people adding Smuggler's Run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter