Not All Good News for FP (Fixed.....for now???)

That's great if it's true but that was definitely not the case for me today at 7:00 30 days out where there is a lot of "action". If I picked thunder mountain in the afternoon and sat on it for I minute I would not be surprised if it was still available: when (days out and time of day) were you searching? I was picking MFSR, then tried peterpan, etc... and getting times then saying not available at the confirmation screen.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm refreshing for FP's today....leaving them sit for a few minutes and am still able to grab them. Top tier rides with AM times today.....when the secondary search is running those are hard to grab even within a second or two let alone a few minutes.

The app has been so slow for me but I seem to be able to get anything that is offered to me again there as well.

More feedback is appreciated!

That's great if it's true but that was definitely not the case for me today at 7:00 30 days out where there is a lot of "action". If I picked thunder mountain in the afternoon and sat on it for I minute I would not be surprised if it was still available: when (days out and time of day) were you searching? I was picking MFSR, then tried peterpan, etc... and getting times then saying not available at the confirmation screen.

i just checked and it’s not happening for me now. So they may have made a change later this morning. If you didn’t get times you wanted maybe try again now.

It’s definitely back to normal on a computer! The app is still not working for me. 😡

Attachments

• ECE495E7-F0D3-4808-B7A7-9DF874915FDB.png
    ECE495E7-F0D3-4808-B7A7-9DF874915FDB.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 18
Home from work, and it appears to be fixed for now! They must have changed something this morning because it definitely wasn't working in the wee hours. lol

I tested it in AK both times, this time I let an Everest pop up and stew for a minute and then selected it; no secondary search and no disappearing, a great sign!

So it appears this was a mistake that happenned when they changed over the HS fastpass tiers and not intentional, given how quickly they’ve “reverted” it.

So it appears this was a mistake that happenned when they changed over the HS fastpass tiers and not intentional, given how quickly they’ve “reverted” it.
The concern is that it isn't just an error or something like that that we run into. There is a process and screens to go with it that are not there any other time. Why would you have a screen stating something if there was never a reason for that screen to exist? How would you have the app saying something like, Sorry the FP you wanted no longer exists but here's another time we can offer you instead' if that never was a function previously? It also happened before when there wasn't a tier change.

The concern is that it isn't just an error or something like that that we run into. There is a process and screens to go with it that are not there any other time. Why would you have a screen stating something if there was never a reason for that screen to exist? How would you have the app saying something like, Sorry the FP you wanted no longer exists but here's another time we can offer you instead' if that never was a function previously? It also happened before when there wasn't a tier change.
It could be as simple as they created the functionality the first time around so it still existed and accidentally turned it on when they switched over the HS fastpasses.

Presumably. That said, they created whole new user interface screens for this. They did that for some purpose.
Last time someone said this is how MaxPass works at DL. I’m hoping it’s as simple as the two systems having a common code base and someone keeps pulling in a DL portion of the code.

It could be as simple as they created the functionality the first time around so it still existed and accidentally turned it on when they switched over the HS fastpasses.
But the concern we have is that the process has been created and they have the ability to use it. There is likely a reason they have it and I doubt we've seen the end of it. Any time we see the change we want to send feedback in order to hopefully avoid this becoming the norm.

I wonder what the thought process is behind this if it is inentional? I guess it slightly increases fastpasses showing up when you search but it makes the process more frustrating for everyone, both casual users of the app and people who know about refresh and modify.

The biggest issue I've found is that when the problem is happening it gives an "unfair" advantage to those with faster connections and better phones, whereas, when it is running "normally" it favors those with patience, because as long as you can refresh enough to get one to come up, you can grab it. I definitely like the "normal" way better. lol

BTW; just let a SDD stew for over 2 minutes and it held it, so yay!

I wonder what the thought process is behind this if it is inentional? I guess it slightly increases fastpasses showing up when you search but it makes the process more frustrating for everyone, both casual users of the app and people who know about refresh and modify.
The first time this came about it was around the time of rumours of paid FP's. There are a couple of different theories but even if you just take the frustration factor it could push people towards buying FP packages. It could be tied to something completely different. The only thing we know is that it kinda sucks lol

The app is actually working a bit better now. It’s still glitching after a few refreshes, but it’s definitely better than it was yesterday and earlier this morning!

The first time this came about it was around the time of rumours of paid FP's. There are a couple of different theories but even if you just take the frustration factor it could push people towards buying FP packages. It could be tied to something completely different. The only thing we know is that it kinda sucks lol
Other than my DL theory, my next theory is that it has something to do with a paid FP option they’ve been working on but haven’t yet released.

Looks like the secondary search is happening again this morning. Someone else can hopefully verify it as I am still having tons of issues with the app.

So far no secondary search for me, and let several stew and could still get them, but it's running really slow for me.

The app is really slow...I normally just use the mobile site anymore and it's working fine. Not seeing the secondary search on either right now but will check again a bit later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter