(Not so) Patiently Awaiting June...and our Disneymoon! All Checked in to WL 6/16!!

Wasn't it a great opening day game?? :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Beating the Yankees is always so sweet.

Woohoo for mailing out the invitations! :thumbsup2

Yes!! It was awesome! My brother said it was an amazing game to be at, I wish I could have been there too!

I am so relieved to have the invites out. So much work! They came out super nice though :)

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Yay!! Another reader, always makes me so excited!

Wedding Update :bride:

Hello lovely readers! So a few of you have inquired about wedding details and I haven’t posted any in a very long time, so I thought I’d get a little off topic and post some info about our wedding!

Ceremony:
I am Catholic, and Kyle being the wonderful guy he is, is in the process of becoming Catholic after going to church with me the past year or so, so we are getting married at my church here in Enfield, CT. It is the church I’ve been going to since I was very little, I made my first communion and confirmation there so it’s very sentimental for me.

Reception:
Our reception will be at The Nutmeg in East Windsor, CT. It is a really beautiful restaurant about 10 mins. from the church. If you check out the site, ours is in the Crystal Room. There is a really cool loft for some of the guests to sit in. The food there is awesome! Our dinner choices are Chicken Francaise, Grilled Salmon, and Stuffed Shrimp.

Colors:
Our colors are clover green, mocha, and buttercream. They look really pretty together. The girls are getting their dresses from David’s Bridal. I let them each choose their own style of tea length dresses, and their shoes will be dyed to match. The guys are wearing chocolate brown suits with clover vests and ties. Kyle’s vest is ivory to match my dress (which I can’t post details about here because he reads this sometimes!) It’s unconventional since we aren’t going with black, but it looks awesome! Here is what one of my girls is wearing:
f09_f13277_2.psd.xml&cmp-color=top,619A6C&ftr=5&cmp-end=1&wid=330&hei=460&cvt=jpg

Flowers:
My bouquet will be made up of green hydrangea, cream colored roses, and brown gerbera daisies. It is gorgeous, I’m so excited for the flowers. They guys boutonnieres will be cream roses, and the bridesmaids bouquets are smaller versions of mine. It will be similar to this, but with brown accents instead of purple ones:
pourmandbridalbouqet1.jpg

Our centerpieces are watering cans that will be filled with green and brown hydrangea because we are going with a garden theme. We have a sample one made up, I will have to post a pic of it on here later.

Cake:
As some of you know, we are doing a cupcake tower instead of traditional cake. I LOVE cupcakes. The flavors we decided on are red velvet and cream cheese, vanilla with chocolate fudge icing, and lemon cake with raspberry icing. There will be a top tier with a small cake in the red velvet flavor for us to cut. YUM!! Here is an example of one, but obvi our cupcakes/cake will be decorated in our color scheme:
spring-wedding-cupcake-tower-cake-by-American-Candy-Stand-Cupcakes.jpg

Favors:
We are doing personalized seed packets with a watering can on them and our name and wedding date. People can plant them and grow wildflowers after the wedding! The one on the bottom is ours:
P2277R_m.jpg

My grandma is also ordering personalized mini bottles of wine. I am also putting a giant basket full of white flip flops on the edge of the dance floor so the girls can take their shoes off and dance after dinner, so that is another little momento for them too :goodvibes

I think those are the big details so far! Let me know if I am forgetting anything important. It has been a long 14 months of planning already and I am SO ready for the big day to get here!

Thanks for posting info about your wedding. My girls wore almost that exact same green!!! I only had 3 girls in my wedding (my 2 sisters and a friend) and my mom made their dresses. She's a very talented seamstress and they turned out beautifully!

My older sister got married in Oct 2008 and the guys wore brown tuxs too! They look SOOO good. We wore tea length chocolate brown dresses, so we complimented each other quite nicely. While getting pictures taken, we saw lots of other bridal parties in chocolate brown dresses (very poplular for a fall wedding), but no other brown tuxs. It was nice to stand out from the crowd.

I love the seed packets as favors. What a clever idea. :thumbsup2 I love going to weddings where they do something like different like that. Do you know how many votive candles I have?! (which ironically were the favors at our wedding) PLEASE post pics of your dress AFTER your wedding!!! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting info about your wedding. My girls wore almost that exact same green!!! I only had 3 girls in my wedding (my 2 sisters and a friend) and my mom made their dresses. She's a very talented seamstress and they turned out beautifully!

My older sister got married in Oct 2008 and the guys wore brown tuxs too! They look SOOO good. We wore tea length chocolate brown dresses, so we complimented each other quite nicely. While getting pictures taken, we saw lots of other bridal parties in chocolate brown dresses (very poplular for a fall wedding), but no other brown tuxs. It was nice to stand out from the crowd.

I love the seed packets as favors. What a clever idea. :thumbsup2 I love going to weddings where they do something like different like that. Do you know how many votive candles I have?! (which ironically were the favors at our wedding) PLEASE post pics of your dress AFTER your wedding!!! :goodvibes

Yay I am glad to know that we are not complete weirdos for picking brown tuxes! We just loved the look and want something unique. My parents hated the idea when we described it, then they saw it and loved it too!

The seed packets are so cute I just couldn't resist! I agree, wedding favors can be very boring haha so we wanted to change it up!

I will def post a pic of the dress as soon as possible when are back from Disney! I'm sure I'll have a zillion wedding pics to share :goodvibes

I forgot to mention that my Bridal Shower is this Sunday!! I am so excited!! We are having brunch at a really nice restaurant near my house. I will hopefully have some pics to share with you guys afterwards! My bridesmaids are keeping all the details a complete surprise so I can't wait to see what they have in store for me :yay:

Thanks for sharing all of the details! I'm so excited for you guys! :goodvibes

Still love your color choices. :thumbsup2 And I think the seed packets and watering can is such a cute idea!

Have fun at your shower! :bride:

How exciting! Wedding plans! I love David's Bridal. Those colors are going to look great together!

That is such a neat idea for favors. What made you think of the garden theme?

I forgot to mention that my Bridal Shower is this Sunday!! I am so excited!! We are having brunch at a really nice restaurant near my house. I will hopefully have some pics to share with you guys afterwards! My bridesmaids are keeping all the details a complete surprise so I can't wait to see what they have in store for me :yay:

Congrats!!! This is such an exciting time!!!!!!!! I feel like it was just yesterday I was going through the same thing. Your details are beautiful!!! Love the flowers. I had some of the green berries in my bouquet too! Your cupcake flavors have my mouth watering!!!!! YUM!! They all sound amazing!! We had red velvet with cream cheese filling for our wedding and it was divine!! Great choice!! I love that you'll have a small cake on top for you to cut. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks for sharing all of the details! I'm so excited for you guys! :goodvibes

Still love your color choices. :thumbsup2 And I think the seed packets and watering can is such a cute idea!

Have fun at your shower! :bride:

Thanks Carissa! Hopefully the seed packets grow lots of pretty flowers for everyone :) We should plant some and test them out before the wedding!

I'm so excited for the shower!! I can't believe it's tomorrow already, they've been planning it for months!

How exciting! Wedding plans! I love David's Bridal. Those colors are going to look great together!

That is such a neat idea for favors. What made you think of the garden theme?

Thanks Tink! I really don't know what spawned the garden theme idea, I think I was just looking for something unique for centerpieces, not just your usual glass vase and I saw the watering cans at Michael's and from there it turned into garden theme! Plus there is a beautiful garden in the courtyard of the place where we are holding our reception, so it fits :cutie:

Congrats!!! This is such an exciting time!!!!!!!! I feel like it was just yesterday I was going through the same thing. Your details are beautiful!!! Love the flowers. I had some of the green berries in my bouquet too! Your cupcake flavors have my mouth watering!!!!! YUM!! They all sound amazing!! We had red velvet with cream cheese filling for our wedding and it was divine!! Great choice!! I love that you'll have a small cake on top for you to cut. Can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks so much! The green berries are a really nice touch, that was the florists idea to add those. I LOVE red velvet, it is so delicious! I'm sure there will be lots more wedding details coming soon...and trip details too of course!

Hey Everyone!!

It feels like it's been awhile so I thought I'd stop in and say hi. I head out of town tonight for a few days. I am off to San Francisco until Tuesday! I am super excited, one of my friends from college moved out there, she is also a special education teacher, and I am going to visit her.

This will be an awesome mini-trip for me to hold me over until the honeymoon! Kyle sadly cannot come, he doesn't get enough vacation days and the ones he has are going toward our Disney trip, but it will be some nice girl time before I get married :)

I'm taking my first ever red eye so I'll get there 1am Cali time, 4am CT time :scared1: But it is so worth it! Tomorrow we go to Napa with some of her coworkers for vineyard tours and wine tasting. Sunday we're going to take a cable car tour of San Fran and bike across the Golden Gate Bridge!!

california-golden-gate-bridge.jpg

Monday I think we're going to Santa Cruz. Weather permitting (its supposed to rain, boo!) we'll check out their boardwalk, but there is also an aquarium to check out if the weather doesn't hold up.

It is my April break next week so I'll have the rest of the week off when I get back! This is a much needed vacation. I'll be sure to take lots of pics. When I get back I'll post pics from my bridal shower (it was so fun!) and some Cali trip pics, so stay tuned. Have a great weekend!! :thumbsup2

Have a great time in San Francisco!!! My parents went there a few years ago and they LOVED it! ENJOY!:goodvibes

Have a great time in San Fran!!!! What a great city!! AWESOME that you're off the rest of the week as well, you can't beat that!!!! YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Have a great time in San Francisco!!! My parents went there a few years ago and they LOVED it! ENJOY!:goodvibes

Thanks!! I am back and had an amazing time, it was so beautiful, such a fun city!

Have fun!!

It was SO fun, I'll be posting some pics soon!

Have a great time in San Fran!!!! What a great city!! AWESOME that you're off the rest of the week as well, you can't beat that!!!! YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Yes this break is really helping me get through, two months from Sunday and we'll be getting married then off to Disney I can't believe how time is flying!

Have fun on your trip! Hope the weather is beautiful for you.

KIM

Thanks! The weather was gorgeous, I had such a good time :goodvibes

Hey everybody! Thanks for all the well wishes for my trip! California was awesome, I just love it out there. A little bummed to be home, but it is nice to be back and have some time to relax for the rest of the week. Oh how I love being a teacher :cloud9:

So I am still working on getting trip photos uploaded, but I thought I'd post some bridal shower pictures for you all to enjoy.

Here is the gorgeous cake my mom ordered. The top layer was vanilla cake and the bottom was chocolate, and they both had this amazing chocolate mousse filling. So YUMMY! And so pretty I didn't want to cut it!
26837_753952565941_9008981_44173848_7403248_n.jpg

Everyone was so generous, I got SO many wonderful gifts. We got tons of great kitchen stuff because i love to bake and cook, some great cook books, a new vacuum, new appliances like a microwave, blender and wafflemaker, the list goes on and on! It took forever to open them all!
26837_753952570931_9008981_44173849_1075974_n.jpg

The favors were these little towel cakes, so cute and original! You unfold them and they are two mini towels, but I am keeping mine like that as a memento, too pretty to open!
26837_753952620831_9008981_44173855_2215402_n.jpg

So Disney has programmed me to take food pictures wherever I go, and since the french toast I had for brunch was so delicious I had to snap a shot :rotfl: The batter has rice crispies cereal in it, sounds weird but it tasted amazing!
26837_753952625821_9008981_44173856_2427633_n.jpg

Here are the super pretty center pieces my sister made. She did such a nice job! And the little take out containers were full of mints.
26837_753952635801_9008981_44173857_3910805_n.jpg

One of my aunts took a gift wrapping class and her presents looked gorgeous, I felt so bad ripping the bows off!
26837_753952680711_9008981_44173862_3473081_n.jpg

Time to cut the cake! I wish I had a slice right now!
26837_753952690691_9008981_44173864_75302_n.jpg

My wonderful groom came at the end to say hi! He brought me a dozen roses, so cute! Pardon my horrible face in this pic, I was laughing because there were so many people taking pictures of us, it felt like we had paparazzi!
26837_753952705661_9008981_44173866_7403075_n.jpg

Here are the THREE bouquets that my bridesmaids made out of all the bows from the gifts! Apparently the number of bows you break while opening means you will have that number of children. I forgot that little tale and broke about 15 I think so I guess we're gonna have a full house someday :rotfl:
26837_753952715641_9008981_44173868_3393265_n.jpg

Sorry I didn't post any more, the rest have all my friends and family in them and I'm not sure how they all feel about having their picture online. But at least you can see some highlights! I had a great time...65 days until the wedding! Tomorrow night is my first dress fitting, woo hoo!!

Hope you all had a great weekend! I'll be back with a mini-TR about Cali asap so stay tuned!

Great that you had an amazing time on your trip.

The shower cake looked wonderful and sounds yummy. All the pictures of your shower were fun to view.

Great that you had an amazing time on your trip.

The shower cake looked wonderful and sounds yummy. All the pictures of your shower were fun to view.

Thanks!! I love cake and that one was def a winner!

I just noticed we have matching tickers! Your trip is so soon, lucky you!!

What a beautiful bridal shower!!! Sounds like you got a lot of great gifts. That cake looked so cute!!! I love the polka dots. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter