• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nov/Dec 17 no resort availability?!

Let me preface this by saying that we went to Disney staying onsite (at the Pop) the end of Nov/beginning of Dec in 2015 & booked our trip 30 days out. We also went this past January, staying onsite at the Pop & booked only 2 weeks out.

Now we are trying to plan a trip for this Nov-Dec and am not finding any resorts available for any dates that I look! We were thinking 4 nights, probably a Wed through Sun. However, the odd thing is, there seems to be availability for the Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving! Does anyone have ideas of what is going on?

We had the same problem in late July when we tried to book kind of last minute for early September. We've never had that problem in years past.

I'm so glad I found this post! Every year, my husband finds out in September/October if he has a conference in Orlando in early December. Every time, I have been able to stay on site with him. When I looked today, nothing is available. We have done this trip at least 5 times and this is the first time I have seen it all booked up. I will keep checking!!

Do you think this is because of Pandora or is Disney just getting busier overall?

Do you think this is because of Pandora or is Disney just getting busier overall?

From what the unofficial news sites have been saying, Disney did not see a rise in attendance due to Pandora. Yes, they're really busy, but everything else has been slow. Instead of getting more people to come to the parks, attendance has been steady, if not a little lower, and they're just centering around Pandora.

Besides the rooms being taken out of inventory & the general increase in travel the last 2 or 3 years, Disney never used to allow the online travel agencies like Expedia etc to offer discounted rooms. Years ago you had to book with Disney for discounts. That has changed in just the last few years. So sometimes those sites & private travel agencies have not just rooms but discounted rooms available when Disney doesn't.

Besides the rooms being taken out of inventory & the general increase in travel the last 2 or 3 years, Disney never used to allow the online travel agencies like Expedia etc to offer discounted rooms. Years ago you had to book with Disney for discounts. That has changed in just the last few years. So sometimes those sites & private travel agencies have not just rooms but discounted rooms available when Disney doesn't.

We went in March this year and got our AKL standard room from Undercover Tourist and it was less than $300/night. I thought that was a good deal for the AKL and it was much cheaper than what Disney was offering.

Bumping to say I just saw a bunch open up for the beginning of November. I was able to get a FL resident rate at WL!

I'm booked mid December with a pin code. I couldn't get a room...not even rack rate for the first night of my trip but I was able to get a room on Expedia for that night for close to my pin rate.

Rooms have been popping up randomly the past week under package deals. Just got my daughter 7 nights at pop for 1st week in Dec then selected the no ticket option to get room only price. I was checking a few times a day and sometimes they were available sometimes nothing...It paid to be persistent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter