November Trip and Tips

DEPARTURE DAY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH

Our Super Star Shuttle was due to pick us up at 10:45 for our 1:50 flight, so we didn't plan to go to the parks this morning. We got up early and I was feeling much better. We got our stuff packed up and then took the shuttle to Cit Walk to try Voodoo Doughnut for the first time. The crowds were all heading for the parks so the line was not long.

2021-11-11_08-08-28_906 (2).jpeg2021-11-11_08-33-30_764 (2).jpeg

All of the outdoor seating was wet from the rain the night before, so we took the shuttle back to Cabana Bay and hung out in the food court eating our doughnuts, which were very good.

We cleared out of our room and sat in the lobby for a bit waiting for the shuttle, which came right on time with just a couple of other families on it. There were no other stops so we were at the airport in 15 minutes! We got through security pretty quickly and DD had chinese food in the food court there. Our flight took off a little late but it was uneventful. We arrived in Pittsburgh, trekked to extended parking (which cost $80) and went to pick up our dog at his pet resort and go home.

FINAL THOUGHTS

We had a good trip, enjoyed the time together and away from work and school, and the beautiful weather and resort. However, we have no plans or desire to go back to Universal any time soon. We enjoyed the Harry Potter stuff, but there weren't enough rides that suited us, or enough shows or character experiences or even shopping to fill out our days. When I think about what we paid for park tickets, I do not feel it was a good value at all. At Disney, you can stay longer and the price per day goes down, so it feels more reasonable. I am glad we went, because we always wanted to see Wizarding World, and it would have bothered us if we had not gone. I think we are just more "Disney" people and that will likely be our next trip.

Thanks to everyone who followed along!

DEPARTURE DAY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH

Our Super Star Shuttle was due to pick us up at 10:45 for our 1:50 flight, so we didn't plan to go to the parks this morning. We got up early and I was feeling much better. We got our stuff packed up and then took the shuttle to Cit Walk to try Voodoo Doughnut for the first time. The crowds were all heading for the parks so the line was not long.

View attachment 631065View attachment 631066

All of the outdoor seating was wet from the rain the night before, so we took the shuttle back to Cabana Bay and hung out in the food court eating our doughnuts, which were very good.

We cleared out of our room and sat in the lobby for a bit waiting for the shuttle, which came right on time with just a couple of other families on it. There were no other stops so we were at the airport in 15 minutes! We got through security pretty quickly and DD had chinese food in the food court there. Our flight took off a little late but it was uneventful. We arrived in Pittsburgh, trekked to extended parking (which cost $80) and went to pick up our dog at his pet resort and go home.

FINAL THOUGHTS

We had a good trip, enjoyed the time together and away from work and school, and the beautiful weather and resort. However, we have no plans or desire to go back to Universal any time soon. We enjoyed the Harry Potter stuff, but there weren't enough rides that suited us, or enough shows or character experiences or even shopping to fill out our days. When I think about what we paid for park tickets, I do not feel it was a good value at all. At Disney, you can stay longer and the price per day goes down, so it feels more reasonable. I am glad we went, because we always wanted to see Wizarding World, and it would have bothered us if we had not gone. I think we are just more "Disney" people and that will likely be our next trip.

Thanks to everyone who followed along!
Happy to hear you made it home safely!
We did not have the best experience staying at universal but do love the parks enough that we are going back to our original routine of going to universal sometime during the middle of our Disney trip-that might be something you should consider!
Thank you again for a great trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter