Now a P&O ship is sick!

I have in general refrained from posting on all this "sick ship" stuff, but honestly, I wish the media would tire of this.

I really don't believe (even the CDC has speculated) that there are any more people getting sick this year on ships than any other year. "Norwalk-like viruses" are basically just a group of common "stomach bugs" that we see every year, and are especially common in the winter months. When you have an enclosed environment, it spreads a bit easier. Anyone with a school-aged child will appreciate this. When someone in my DS's class gets a gastrointestinal bug, at least 5-8 kids or about 20-30% of the class usually ends up with it at some point. What if they started reporting the "epidemics" that we are having at schools all over the country?

I don't think we are more at risk than any other time... I think we are just more aware. I am hoping something more interesting comes along soon in the media so we can go back to enjoying the planning of our WONDERful or MAGICal Disney Cruise vacations.

I agree 100% with Melissa. You can pick up the flu-bug from anywhere, not just on a cruise ship. Do I stop going to the grocery store, even though I may encounter someone who is sick and pick up the illness from them? No. Do I stop going to the movies? Do I stop going to work? Do I stop going ANYWHERE? No!! If my father's health problems allow us to go on our two January cruises as planned, we will definitely be going!! :D

As has already been stated, it's a common virus, with a larger number of cases in the winter. This year was given a warning of a higher number of cases than usual...not just on cruise ships, but in hospitals, nursing homes, and other high risk places for bugs to spread.

Everyone who is sailing soon...Enjoy your cruises!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter