NOW post and share your digital pics!! Great photos inside:)

debbiedoo

DIS Veteran
I took all my Christmas money that I had received and added a little bit more to it and bought a digital camera :cool1:

after reading many reviews here and the links that have been shared here I decided to buy the Canon S2 IS --

now just to use it and get back to WDW :banana: :banana: :banana:

EDITED TO ADD:

Please post your pics and share with the communtiy whether WDW or other fabulous photography---let see those pics :sunny: :sunny:

Also welcome to share your technics on how your obtained the beautiful pics -- I see a lot of questions around the boards, especially about night pics---Enjoy :)

:goodvibes :goodvibes

Congratulations! You'll have to post some pictures so we can see how well the Canon S2 1S is and so we can share some of your WDW experiences.

Jeff

AZ JazzyJ said:
Congratulations! You'll have to post some pictures so we can see how well the Canon S2 1S is and so we can share some of your WDW experiences.

Jeff

I will definitely post pics--but I do not go back to WDW until June---but I will post pics around the Atlanta area if you like----I am sure I can get downtown shots--with night effects :)

Good wishes with the new camera, Debbie. I purchased that camera a couple months back (my first new one in about 5 years) and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Lots of features, capabikities. Looking forward to seeing some pictures soon from you. If you want to see any I have taken with mine, click on the link in my signature, the one thaqt links to a thread with lots of links on it. The bottom 2 links I just added are to 2 threads I recently posted.

Also, if you are going to use the video function (actually not too bad as an adon feature to a still camera), make sure you use high speed memory cards. I do have a link on this board in another thread to www.buy.com that has very well priced Kingston 1 gig SD cards.

Again, enjoy.

hemispheredancer said:
For as many of us that have the S2, we should form a club!

sure we can!! I will edit my thread title if you wish--to post your S2 pics :cool1:

Just for clarification, it isn't a Canon S2 1S, it's an S2 IS, where the IS stands for Image Stabilization.

I have the older S1 IS and love it. The S2 is great with several improvements, including larger Megapixels, and 12X optical zoom instead of 10X. They also changed the memory from Compact Flash.

It's a great camera. Are we Canon S1 IS owners allowed to post too....?? :teeth:

Caskbill said:
Just for clarification, it isn't a Canon S2 1S, it's an S2 IS, where the IS stands for Image Stabilization.

I have the older S1 IS and love it. The S2 is great with several improvements, including larger Megapixels, and 12X optical zoom instead of 10X. They also changed the memory from Compact Flash.

It's a great camera. Are we Canon S1 IS owners allowed to post too....?? :teeth:

sure you can post
:teeth:

show your best :sunny:

now to go and re-do my thread title--must not had enough caffeine earlier :rotfl2:

ooooh, I'll start. I just got my S2 IS about a month before our Christmas trip to WDW. Here's one of the castle from Tomorrowland.

NEW_0481.jpg

I got this camera for X-mas and so far I am loving it. The only problem I am having so far is I have been going through alot of battteries. Anyone else having this problem? :earsgirl:

Dizholic said:
I got this camera for X-mas and so far I am loving it. The only problem I am having so far is I have been going through alot of battteries. Anyone else having this problem? :earsgirl:

This is normal. The IS feature eats up more battery power. Either use NiMH rechargeable batteries or use Energizer Lithium batteries but never use regular NiCD or Alkaline batteries. You'll go broke.

Here are 2 pics that I took today. Just had to take one of the dog with his new toy. The one of Mittens (the old cat..16 y.o.) is a hoot!

f0a72bb8.jpg

f0a72afb.jpg

I noticed that when I go into "scene" mode and set it for indoors, the picture comes out a lot sharper than in auto mode.

As far as batteries go, get the rechargable ones with the highest NiMH number. I believe mine are 2500. I have read that the higher the number, the longer the battery will last thus more pictures!

As for the batteries, I just commented today to another DIS'er how great the battery life was on this camera. I took over 3,500 pictures at WDW over 11 days, always had 3 sets of NiMH (Energizer), 2500's with me. I used the LCD almost all the time, the flash fairly often (more than I have with previous camera) and never had to switch batteries during a day. I rotated each day, but one set got me through anywhere from maybe 200 or so up to probably 400. I think the battery life is stunning.

And neat pictures here.

Here are a few I have uploaded that I thiught were pretty good.

A close in zoom from CP.......

IMG_1461.jpg

MGM.......

Nov30IMG_0684.jpg

A zoom from B&TB at MGM, I was almost in back row.......

Nov30IMG_0704.jpg

MGM.........

Nov30IMG_0691.jpg

S/D..........

Nov29resized2.jpg

Zoom of Epcot from S/D room..............

Nov29resized108.jpg

Y&BC dock...........

Nov29resized105.jpg

MGM...........

Nov29resized65.jpg

Nov29resized50.jpg

Nov29resized54.jpg

I don't have any pics of WDW or a Canon digital camera, but I'd like to contribute.

bedfordave.jpg

This is a street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. This is the closest thing to a main street in relation to where I work. The real eateries and storefronts though are at the end of that street around Manhattan Avenue, and I've only been there a couple times to still be not familiar with it.

citistorage.jpg

Judging by this picture, you can see why everything else in the area is so distant. At least by the Kings County Courthouse in Downtown Brooklyn, you can go anywhere you like, and still be back by the end of your lunch hour. The only time I've ventured forth from my office for lunch was going to Bedford Avenue (see first pic) for a slice of pizza.

viewfrompier.jpg

Of course, what my office lacks in surroundings, it makes up for in breathtaking views of Manhattan Island. It's espeically brilliant during July 4th when the company holds its annual Fourth of July party. The one time I went, they went all out. Carnival games, rides, a DJ with karaoke, and to top it all off, the view from the East River which explodes with bursts of firey color.

skyline.jpg

Yep, there it is. The Manhattan skyline as seen from the Brooklyn side of the East River. It makes you realize that The City isn't too far away. I just wish some places in New Jersey were as easy to get to as Manhattan is.

photographer.jpg

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one who got a digital camera for Christmas. Now let's see how well she takes care of it.

xmas_decorates.jpg

frostys.jpg

Like I said, we got our stuff for Christmas, and here are some examples of what my sister's house looked like during the holidays.

I know I had more pictures around here somewhere. I'll find them.

HI BuddyGenie i love your photos of NY it is my wish to visit NY but my DH keeps wanting to go back to Florida my DD and i are working on him. The problem is it costs a lot of money just to go for 3 or 4 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter