Nursery Opening on Future Cruises ?

Well that explains it! I guess I thought what mattered was they knew how to use the potty but I see how people would send in non-potty-trained littles if pullups were allowed so I guess I get it.

Yes, having worked in daycare, too many parents would say the kid was trained and the pull-ups were for "just in case" but it became obvious very quickly when the kid never asked to go to the bathroom, didn't know what to do when in the bathroom, and would come to say they were wet that no, the kid was NOT potty trained at all.

This is correct. Honestly if it were me I would move the cruise until after kid is 3. That way if the nursery is open they'll still be able to use it, but if not they at least can use the club.
I also think people shouldn't be afraid to just NOT use the kids club. I feel like that thought doesn't even occur to people and they treat the club as an absolute deal breaker where they won't sail without it. By a mile, it's the part of the cruise that my kids enjoy the least. We make them try it for a couple of hours but IMO it's not nearly the mind-blowing experience that a lot of people make it out to be.

Last edited:
She will be allowed back in once she is cleaned up. We cannot kick her out of the Club/Lab. if she is potentially prone to having regular accidents, we will ask you to come back and check on her more frequently and take her to the bathroom.
If you think that it will be an issue, the other option is for her to go to the Nursery.

thanks for the info. I have no idea how she will be since we don’t sail for another 7 months but I’m trying to be prepared. If she is having regular accidents (or even accidents in general) I will only take her during open house when I’m with her, which might be what we do regardless.

Last question. Is the nursery “fun” for 2 year olds or are they just sitting around? My son is a very energetic 2 year old. A typical boy and we do a lot of interacting and very little screen time, I just want to make sure he’s able to run around and play and. It just sit and watch movies because he’ll be bored.

That is not true. Both Carnival and NCL allow kids who are not potty trained in their kids clubs. Carnival simply asks that you pack their diaper and wipes. NCL I believe will call and ask a parent to come to the club to change their diaper, but nonpotty trained children are allowed.

when I worked at DCL our manager explained to us that it is part USPH as there are no designated changing facilities within the clubs. Kids needing changing would have to be taken to the nursery or the family bathroom.
but the main reason is because it would lower the ratio allowed (due to needing changing/cleaning/checking) from 1:25 to 1:4 (which is the nursery ratio) - which would mean they would have to turn a lot of children away…and as there is the strict policy of never being alone with a child it just makes it impossible (in the nursery you can change a child in the same room, but that’s not possible in a room of 3-12 year olds or appropriate for everyone there).

from my experience DCL use the USPH excuse for a lot of things where it’s not necessarily true - confused me a lot in some areas when I moved to a different company lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter