Oasis (Refurb) or Harmony

I think so, yeah, with the caveat is that we've done Allure and Harmony but not Oasis specifically. Adventure Ocean has a 3-5 bracket that my kids loved at the time.

Is the Oasis good for a toddler’s first Cruise? He would be 4 or 5

The kids water area on Oasis is not my favorite compared to some of the other ships. Harmony and Liberty both have much better Splash Pads for that age than Oasis. Also - he will be too small for Ziplining on Oasis class - if that’s an issue to walk by daily - consider a smaller class of ship.

We have been on navigator with a 4 year old and Liberty with a 6 year old - the Navigator was limited in kids water areas and Liberty was amazing. Both times my kids spent a lot of time In adventure ocean and when they would walk around the ship with us they would see all of their friends and chat - it was super cute. The ship ‘shock and awe’ factor was definitely reached both times!

My now 8 year old and I are going on Symphony in april. To be honest - I’m not looking forward to it because it’s too big. She will get tired walking this ship and might be under the weight requirement for some of the activities.

The kids water area on Oasis is not my favorite compared to some of the other ships. Harmony and Liberty both have much better Splash Pads for that age than Oasis. Also - he will be too small for Ziplining on Oasis class - if that’s an issue to walk by daily - consider a smaller class of ship.

We have been on navigator with a 4 year old and Liberty with a 6 year old - the Navigator was limited in kids water areas and Liberty was amazing. Both times my kids spent a lot of time In adventure ocean and when they would walk around the ship with us they would see all of their friends and chat - it was super cute. The ship ‘shock and awe’ factor was definitely reached both times!

My now 8 year old and I are going on Symphony in april. To be honest - I’m not looking forward to it because it’s too big. She will get tired walking this ship and might be under the weight requirement for some of the activities.

We were on Allure when my younger one was too small for zipline, flowrider...but she stil had a blast. Loved the pools (including donut one with a life jacket), rock wall, boardwalk, activities, shows and overall ship. We're going on Symphony and she's super excited now that she can go on the things (plus waterslides, laser tag).

Guess we don't know yet what Oasis change will bring. Maybe they'll modify the splash area to toddlers (and even as it is, its cute).

On a different note...anyone ever do two bookings for same date? Temped to just book Oasis too, but guess it's not really fair to hold a booking we know we will cancel one of them.

We were on Allure when my younger one was too small for zipline, flowrider...but she stil had a blast. Loved the pools (including donut one with a life jacket), rock wall, boardwalk, activities, shows and overall ship. We're going on Symphony and she's super excited now that she can go on the things (plus waterslides, laser tag).

Guess we don't know yet what Oasis change will bring. Maybe they'll modify the splash area to toddlers (and even as it is, its cute).

On a different note...anyone ever do two bookings for same date? Temped to just book Oasis too, but guess it's not really fair to hold a booking we know we will cancel one of them.

I don’t see anything really wrong with booking refundable fairs on 2 ships. I would pick different lead guests..

I’m sure the Oasis splash area is fine - but not nearly as nice as the remodeled ones which are SOOOO PERFECT for 4-6 year olds. I do have to imagine that Royal wants to get rid of the donut pool or at least add something else for the kiddies after the drowning...

The Oasis splash area should be the same as Allure meaning no slides but still pretty fun. Plus there’s an adjoining pool that runs deeper than 12 inches. Good for adults to soak in while the kids splash around. You don’t get that on Harmony but we still made it work.

I don’t see anything really wrong with booking refundable fairs on 2 ships. I would pick different lead guests..

I’m sure the Oasis splash area is fine - but not nearly as nice as the remodeled ones which are SOOOO PERFECT for 4-6 year olds. I do have to imagine that Royal wants to get rid of the donut pool or at least add something else for the kiddies after the drowning...

Ha true...I am primary on our current booking, so wonder if they would notice if we put DH as primary on second booking that is exact same date.

Yes very true...I'm sure the horrible tragedies is a reason they haven't carried the donut pool to Harmony and Symphony. Hadn't thought about it like that but makes sense.

If you opt for Harmony, check flights to the Melbourne airport. Its about a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral, a straight shot up the coast with little traffic to contend with in my experience. I believe Delta and American are the only major airlines that fly to Melbourne, and there are layovers, but prices were surprisingly inexpensive coming from our little airport in Buffalo. I think we paid $220 round trip last February, with a very manageable layover in Atlanta. Times were even good.

If you opt for Harmony, check flights to the Melbourne airport. Its about a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral, a straight shot up the coast with little traffic to contend with in my experience. I believe Delta and American are the only major airlines that fly to Melbourne, and there are layovers, but prices were surprisingly inexpensive coming from our little airport in Buffalo. I think we paid $220 round trip last February, with a very manageable layover in Atlanta. Times were even good.

Thank you. Our ideal airport is Toronto (pearson or porter) but we would drive to Buffalo if it was worth it. I've noted Melbourne FL as an option for flying into. If driving to Buffalo, then we'd probably want direct flight (and we prefer direct flight with driving vs flight with a stop as we feel we have more control on the timing). But definitely good to check all options.

Thank you. Our ideal airport is Toronto (pearson or porter) but we would drive to Buffalo if it was worth it. I've noted Melbourne FL as an option for flying into. If driving to Buffalo, then we'd probably want direct flight (and we prefer direct flight with driving vs flight with a stop as we feel we have more control on the timing). But definitely good to check all options.

I hear you. If the direct flights to Orlando are cost prohibitive, I'll emphasize again that the layovers from Buffalo to Melbourne were very manageable and there were options as far as flight times as well. I always prefer direct as well, but if there was a good price savings, the Buffalo to Melbourne route with a layover is one I wouldn't be as apprehensive about. Good luck!

I hear you. If the direct flights to Orlando are cost prohibitive, I'll emphasize again that the layovers from Buffalo to Melbourne were very manageable and there were options as far as flight times as well. I always prefer direct as well, but if there was a good price savings, the Buffalo to Melbourne route with a layover is one I wouldn't be as apprehensive about. Good luck!

Thanks so much. Will definitely not dismiss this option. And it looks like Melbourne airport is just as close as Orlando is to Port Canaveral.

Thanks so much. Will definitely not dismiss this option. And it looks like Melbourne airport is just as close as Orlando is to Port Canaveral.

Melbourne airport is actually about 15 miles shorter to Port Canaveral, but its about the same time distance because its less highway driving. Takes about 45 minutes from both airports, barring no traffic. Its a much easier drive from Melbourne because there is far less traffic to contend with.

Melbourne airport is actually about 15 miles shorter to Port Canaveral, but its about the same time distance because its less highway driving. Takes about 45 minutes from both airports, barring no traffic. Its a much easier drive from Melbourne because there is far less traffic to contend with.
That drive sure would make DH a lot happier. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter