• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OceanGdss SBP/Ariel's December 2008..PS TR finished!!

OceanGdss

Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08
If you're my fiance you're not allowed to read this!! :badpc:
Dress Pics Are In Here! :rolleyes1

Ok..I give in. I've been around here off and on since June:surfweb: and I'm going to start my PJ finally LoL.:yay: I'm terribly slow about updating, so just bear with me. :rolleyes1 I have SO many ideas...and maybe putting them all here will help out. I think of things then forget them since I have no where to gather all of my ideas.

Here is our story:
DF and I met at a coffee shop.....No....thats a lie. Thats what we tell people. The funny truth is we met online. :surfweb:= :lovestruc DF is a HUGE Florida Gator fan and I could tell this before I ever spoke to him from his pictures. So I sent him an email that said "I hate the Gators but..." in the subject line and the body simply said "....you're just too cute to pass up."
And from there the rest is history as they say. :3dglasses
We started dating on 6/9/06 and were in love very quickly. Its so strange, but its true...when its THE ONE...you just know. We are so madly in love we make most of our friends sick lol. After a few months of me pestering him relentlessly (yes...I was one of THOSE :rolleyes: ) he proposed on 5/18/07. Now..he didnt propose because he knew I wanted him too...I found out he had picked this date AND the ring to propose months before the idea had ever popped in my head. Turns out we were on the same wavelength the whole time! :hug:
The proposal story is really sweet, here are the basics:
His parents started dating, were engaged, and married on the 18th, so the date (not the month..just the date) was very important to him..his parents have a wonderful long marriage that we look up to. The place, Key West, FL, was even more important. We are both originally from the Florida Keys. Me from Key Largo, though I spent a lot of time in Key West, and his family actually was one of the original families to found Key West ages and ages ago. We both love our history that is tied with the islands, and it is a special place for us. So on the morning of the 18th, on the balcony of our cruise ship, with the sun just peering out over the island..an early 6:30am, he got down on one knee. We both cried and cried and then spent the day exploring the island and his family history. (His ancestors names can be found on the church doors on Duval St, all in the old cemetary, and several other places in Key West...a LOT of heritage there)
The very next day, as we were floating in the waters of Mexico, we decided that only a Disney wedding would do. We are both HUGE Disney nuts. I used to be a CM, grew up with the parks being my daycare. (I literally spent 5 days a week, every week, in the parks growing up) and DF spent year after year with his family at WDW. A DFTW was just a given.

Fast forward to now... We have our date/time confirmed for the ceremony and reception. We even have our honeymoon booked. So I'll update this over the next couple of days/weeks with pics and all the ideas I already have. :) Hope you guys enjoy reading! :upsidedow

Oh..and PS~ I'm now a HUGE Gator fan myself! :rotfl:

Us:
Dinner the day we got engaged:
ccopy.jpg

At the Final Four Atlanta to cheer on our Gators 2007!!
IMG_0243copy.jpg

I'm going to let you guess this location....and no, DF doesn't ALWAYS look like that lol
disney4.jpg

Hi! I can't wait to read all your plans! I love the story of your proposal. I know what you mean when you say when you meet "the one" you just know. I knew the minute I met DH he was the man I was going to marry! This Feb. 6th makes 14 years together and in July we will be married 11 years! We are planning our DFTW Wishes vow renewal for June 2009 so I will be reading your PJ for some ideas! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about your plans!

looking forward to reading your plans.... I love your story. You really do know when you find the right one. My dh and I met in college and have pretty much been together since ..... we will be married 18 years this year and planning for a VR for our 20th and It had to be at disney.:) Looking forward to hearing more

DF and I met at a coffee shop.....No....thats a lie. Thats what we tell people. The funny truth is we met online. :surfweb:= :lovestruc

haha I love this!!! :rotfl2: We met online too and I always tell people we met through friends. I don't really know why...it just sounds better for some reason.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and I can't wait to read more about your plans!

I'm so glad you started your planning journal! Its weird... I have family that live in Key Largo, but they are bought 10 acres in Ocala,and will probably move here soon. I can't wait to here about all of your planning!:goodvibes

I like the jellyroll idea. I like renting it out even more for just you and your family. That's really fun! My DF wants an epcot ceremony (not that that has been decided on yet) and since those are early in the morning we could have a lunch reception that would cost less. I also want a DP but was wondering what to do from say, 2pm to 830pm so I like your idea.

We love Jellyrolls and are hoping to incorporate it into a wedding trip somewhere for everyone, although probably not on the day of the wedding, unless everyone is still ready for more action and we can make an impromptu visit!

We are going to be staying at the Boardwalk for a few days around the wedding, which will be handy if we do decide to do a Jellyrolls outing, we can go and get changed into something more comfortable! :thumbsup2

i think jelly rolls is a great idea. we ended up there after the reception as a spur of the moment thing. but ihave to say it was so fun almost everyone from the wedding went and it was a blast i even did the chicken dance on stage. tell them it is your wedding and it will be so cun!! let us know how it goes

Thanks for the support on the idea guys! I figure its kind of like a dessert party....Drinks and popcorn lol. And the popcorn is free!popcorn::

Love your story so far.

I just wanted to say we also met online, looks like there are quite a few of us :)

I love your proposal story. My DH & met online too in 2003. At first I was embarrased to tell people we'd met online also because so many people have negative reactions to it and think it's wierd, but after a while, I was like...who cares. I love this man and obviously things worked out wonderfully so who cares what anyone else things.

I still remember the first time I told my grandmother (who I've lived with all my life) that I had met someone online. She freaked big time and it's so funny now, but I remember telling her that night..."it's not like I plan to marry him or anything." We still laugh about that to this day.

We talked online and on the phone for a little over a week before deciding to meet each other and we hit it off very quickly. We dated for a little over a year before he popped the question in the same spot we first met in person and then about 9 months later, we got married. Now we are working on our 4th year of marriage & are very happy.

I wish you the best with all your planning & hope it's everything you dream of!

Thank you so much for your comments! :goodvibes

I think its funny how people can judge couples that met online. I still don't think some people know the truth. Its a funny story to us, but we love to use the "coffee shop" thing...its just sounds so "quaint" lol.:flower3: "oh..we fell in love at a coffee shop.." lol.

And Allie...I laughed so hard at the "Its not like I plan to marry him or anything" LoL!!:rotfl2:

So...here's my drama for the day (I'm usually not a "drama bride"...but I have to have a little here or there :scared1: )
I have a pretty good job right now that serves our income well (DF and I live together). Trouble is, I HATE, and I do mean H-A-T-E my boss :mad: (she's not mean, just VERY STUPID..which is worse!) and the job has me getting home late at night. DF and I both agree getting home when he gets home would be SO much nicer (ie, 5pm). So I've been looking into options around where I live, like the school system or banking. Anyways, bottom line...I'm leaving my job in a few weeks (its in sales, so I'm not telling my boss until I HAVE to, because in sales, once you're going to quit, they just get rid of you..don't like paying anymore commission than they have to...blech:headache: ) and its going to reduce our income a bit. (I'll be making 25% less $) So here's my drama...YES we can afford to do this, YES this will make me, and thus HE very happy lol, and YES it is a smart move.....but I just hate leaving that income!! It means not as much extra $ for little wedding stuff :( So basically I'm whining on here, in the privacy of my own PJ (lol), because I need some reassuring that its going to be ok. :confused3 :grouphug:

Ok..done being a girl lol.

Everything will be alright :)

Although you wouldn't make as much money, I would definitely look into the school system. I'm not too sure about Ocala but in Miami Dade things are getting better for teachers. It's great to have set hours and summer vacation.

Sounds like you can use a hug :hug: Don't worry. Everything will work out. You'll see. I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you say "the little wedding stuff" but I'm sure you can do a lot of stuff yourself that will save you money.

p.s. I also met my DF online

:hug:

I've been there before. Miserable at work and therefore the rest of my life was miserable, but the paycheck was keeping me going. I did end up quitting that job, but now I'm happy being a student with a crappy job but my quality of life is soo much better.

You'll get through it, and good luck finding a new (and better) job! :goodvibes

So...here's my drama for the day (I'm usually not a "drama bride"...but I have to have a little here or there :scared1: )
I have a pretty good job right now that serves our income well (DF and I live together). Trouble is, I HATE, and I do mean H-A-T-E my boss :mad: (she's not mean, just VERY STUPID..which is worse!) and the job has me getting home late at night. DF and I both agree getting home when he gets home would be SO much nicer (ie, 5pm). So I've been looking into options around where I live, like the school system or banking. Anyways, bottom line...I'm leaving my job in a few weeks (its in sales, so I'm not telling my boss until I HAVE to, because in sales, once you're going to quit, they just get rid of you..don't like paying anymore commission than they have to...blech:headache: ) and its going to reduce our income a bit. (I'll be making 25% less $) So here's my drama...YES we can afford to do this, YES this will make me, and thus HE very happy lol, and YES it is a smart move.....but I just hate leaving that income!! It means not as much extra $ for little wedding stuff :( So basically I'm whining on here, in the privacy of my own PJ (lol), because I need some reassuring that its going to be ok. :confused3 :grouphug:

Ok..done being a girl lol.

I say, if you are a girl, then you are entitled to be one every now and then :rotfl: . I hope the whole job situation works out. Have you already found another job? I know how you feel though. I hate hate hate my workplace. My job itself is really easy, it's just that my boss is an idiot who lets people take advantage of him and run over him. The guy I work with in the office is a pompous jerk and the structure of the office I work in is a joke. Plus, my job is so boring. Most of the time I do nothing and I like being busy and can't stand sitting around trying to find things to keep me occupied.
Anyway...all of that to say that I hope you find something you really like and you can be happy with. Sometimes taking a pay cut (if you can afford it) can be a great thing in the long run if it is making other aspects of your life happier and less stressful.

Good luck! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter