October 13, 2012--Magical Galveston Cruise!!!

:cool1: Officially on vacation as of 4:00 this afternoon. Let the packing begin.:crazy2: Will see everyone either in the terminal or Promenade at 3.
Dena :hyper2:

Ok it's official my mind is on "Vacation Mode" :rotfl2: I forgot to prepay for parking and of course all the indoor parking is sold out. I am going to use The Lighthouse parking has anyone used this lot before and does anyone know if we have to leave our luggage at the terminal first. :confused3

I am sorting through the huge pile of clothes I have thrown into our one big suitcase. Time to whittle down the selections and try and find my travel space bags. LOL! My dh's shoes and FEs will most likely take up one of my carry ons. My Mom just picked up our 2 dogs to vacation at her house for the week. They probably won't want to come home. We have an early flight in the morning so time to work my magic and git 'r done. :cool1:

Madmommy17 said:
Ok it's official my mind is on "Vacation Mode" :rotfl2: I forgot to prepay for parking and of course all the indoor parking is sold out. I am going to use The Lighthouse parking has anyone used this lot before and does anyone know if we have to leave our luggage at the terminal first. :confused3

We haven't cruised from Galveston before but I would say to go and drop your tagged luggage and then drive to your parking. The least you have to haul the better.

We are 90% packed!! I am glad to have that part over with. Just last minute things on Sat morning. My sister flies in at 7:00 pm tomorrow. :) Can't wait!!

pirate: I am home right now with my loving DH , here putting luggage into the car. He is a downright pixiedust: wizard when it comes to packing. I am always amazed at how he can fit all that stuff into there.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, My back is feeling somewhat better, I am still sore, but with the help of some Biofreeze and Anti-inflammatories I should be able to get thru all this til the trip!!
I am hoping my students wont keep me too long, did not get finished with them til 10 tonight. Patman was about to go:crazy2: on me for letting them keep me so long, as it is if we can leave at 9pm tomorrow, we should make it to Galveston by 0130! Wish me luck with all this! :upsidedow . Looking forward to meeting you all Dianna :cheer2:

Glad you are feeling better Dianna. My DH just came in the room and threw 3 magazines on top of my carry on bag and that was the extent of his packing. LOL! Our clothes are all packed up and I still have room for more. Dare I add to it? Nah, I'll need some room to bring back goodies. I just need to pack up incidentals and then I'm off to bed. Hope to see you all on Sat!:wave2:

I never have used Lighthouse. I did prepay with the Port of Galveston. They have a shuttle or you can drop luggage off first at the ship then go park. It's outdoor parking, but they close and lock the lot, and have security. You can pay online and take your receipt copy with you.

This time tomorrow I will be stopping for coffee and driving on to Galveston! I can't believe our time is actually here! :drive:

I do need some advice, how do some of you fit everything (sometimes for 2 people !) in one suitcase. I must have way too many clothes in my 'take' pile. I'm trying to decide what to leave behind. Or maybe i'll just do a load of laundry halfway through!

What are your packing tips ?

many thanks,
Sue

Sue - Mike and I are taking 2 suitcases, plus one for shoes :rotfl2:. And a garment bag with his suit and my dresses. And that doesn't count ::yes:: the carryon DVC bag with swim suits. :lmao:

I :scratchin think we are going to drop luggage off with porters and then park the car and walk back to the terminal.
Dena

PS: for everyone that is traveling have a fun safe trip to Houston/Galveston.

My DH just came in the room and threw 3 magazines on top of my carry on bag and that was the extent of his packing. LOL!

Too funny! I made mine pack his stuff this time around, although I don't think it made it faster, and I had to supervise as he was just going to basically pack his entire wardrobe! :lmao:

pirate: I am home right now with my loving DH , here putting luggage into the car. He is a downright pixiedust: wizard when it comes to packing. I am always amazed at how he can fit all that stuff into there.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, My back is feeling somewhat better, I am still sore, but with the help of some Biofreeze and Anti-inflammatories I should be able to get thru all this til the trip!!
I am hoping my students wont keep me too long, did not get finished with them til 10 tonight. Patman was about to go:crazy2: on me for letting them keep me so long, as it is if we can leave at 9pm tomorrow, we should make it to Galveston by 0130! Wish me luck with all this! :upsidedow . Looking forward to meeting you all Dianna :cheer2:

So glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better Dianna. Tomorrow night just tell your students that their assignment is watching you disappear. :thumbsup2 Have a safe drive down tonight.

This time tomorrow I will be stopping for coffee and driving on to Galveston! I can't believe our time is actually here! :drive:

I do need some advice, how do some of you fit everything (sometimes for 2 people !) in one suitcase. I must have way too many clothes in my 'take' pile. I'm trying to decide what to leave behind. Or maybe i'll just do a load of laundry halfway through!

What are your packing tips ?

many thanks,
Sue

There's no way I could fit it all into one case, so my packing tip is to take two cases! :rotfl: We have 4 pieces of checked luggage and two carry ons!! Two suitcases, one box with FE stuff and one bag with just shoes in are all our checked pieces.

I just have to get through this last day at work. ::yes:: It's going to be tricky and I have a feeling I'll be cruising through these boards a LOT! :rotfl2:

Tomorrow we shall all see this!

P1000302_zps2f36659a.jpg

Hey disms ;)

I haven't even begun packing yet! I know stuff I'm taking but no clue if it will all fit! Yikes! Still have laundry tonight too!

I just thought of something, anyone use those space seal thingies-where u vacuum air out?

Hey disms ;)

I haven't even begun packing yet! I know stuff I'm taking but no clue if it will all fit! Yikes! Still have laundry tonight too!

I just thought of something, anyone use those space seal thingies-where u vacuum air out?

I haven't although I've thought about it - I just wondered how you would then re-pack to come home :confused3 I know that you can squeeze the air out, but I would think it would be hard to get them really small again.

The day is flying by! :dance3: I was pretty silly to think that my last day at work would be anything other than chaotic! :eek:

ukintheus said:
I haven't although I've thought about it - I just wondered how you would then re-pack to come home :confused3 I know that you can squeeze the air out, but I would think it would be hard to get them really small again.

The day is flying by! :dance3: I was pretty silly to think that my last day at work would be anything other than chaotic! :eek:

Lol didn't think about return trip with air!

I'm too antsy to work but have one more hour to go then my mani pedi! :)

Sue - Mike and I are taking 2 suitcases, plus one for shoes :rotfl2:. And a garment bag with his suit and my dresses. And that doesn't count ::yes:: the carryon DVC bag with swim suits. :lmao:

Thanks, Dena, I needed that! now I don't think I've over-packed. Necessiities, all necessities, :)

sue

There's no way I could fit it all into one case, so my packing tip is to take two cases! :rotfl: We have 4 pieces of checked luggage and two carry ons!! Two suitcases, one box with FE stuff and one bag with just shoes in are all our checked pieces.

QUOTE]

Jenny, thanks for the confirmation, too, that more than one bag is OK. I'm in good company.

Can't wait to meet everyone tomorrow :wave2:

sue

Hello

Room for two more? ;) Booked the cruise late, just found this forum this evening while taking a break from packing. Just myself and DW.

Our first Disney cruise, but anticipate more now that DCL has made a commitment to Galveston.

Ray & Terry
Bosque County, Texas

We are here in Galveston finally. Sleeping at the days inn. Nothing like getting into town at 1:39 in the morning. See u all later today.

Snoozeman said:
Hello

Room for two more? ;) Booked the cruise late, just found this forum this evening while taking a break from packing. Just myself and DW.

Our first Disney cruise, but anticipate more now that DCL has made a commitment to Galveston.

Ray & Terry
Bosque County, Texas

Better late than never! Always room for more. :). Meet in the Promenade Lounge today at 3:00 pm if you can join us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter