October 19th Cruisers again and again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning

Today is my last day at work until January 7th :cool1:

Heidi-How many from Chris's family is here visiting? How long are they staying? Did you find places for everyone to sleep?

Wow Barb, you will have a great time off!!!

There is 5 from Chris's family that came yesterday and then we will get Emily and Amanda on Friday so a total of 9 people. We have figured out where everyone will sleep. I thought it was going to be John and Karen in the girls bedroom and their kids in the living room on an air mattress and the couch, but it turned out that John slept on the air matress with their middle daughter, and the youngest daughter slept with Karen up in the girls room. The girls were all fighting with eachother last night (they were really tired and had to wake up at 2:00am) so they didn't want to share the air mattress!! When the girls get here they will sleep with me on the bed and Chris will have to sleep on the floor of our room.

It sounds like things are working out for you Heidi. Don't forget we have games too.

Barb, great time off. Have fun. Please give your mom a hug from me. I have talked to her a couple of times via email this week and it makes me miss her even more.

I am sorry, I have been MIA again. I have been sooo busy with Christmas stuff and school this week that I haven't had a spare moment to sign on the to boards. I talked to Julie for a few minutes last night and she is in the same boat.

Now I need to go back and read since I was last on, Sunday was it?

I promise it will get better after the 1st.

Barb: You must be really excited, you are leaving in 5 days!

Kaleigh is back to normal except for pulling her undies up and down and getting dressed for the same reason, she is afraid of hurting her tummy. Her belly button looks great though. It was a MAJOR scream fest getting the bandages off on Sunday. She still wants her pain medicine before bed though, although she might not want it tonight.

I made 2 batches of cut out dough. We will probably do those tomorrow. I made a loaf of bread, went to the grocery store, made a huge, time-consuming dinner, but it was really ymmy and I have leftovers for another day. I had a bunch of stuff to do for school and I just finished ordering the library books.

All the presents are wrapped except what Jerry needs to wrap.

We are going to my parents on S unday, church on Monday, Jerry's brother's on Tuesday. I have friends coming over on the 31st and we collapse on the 1st.

Oh my Denine, take a deep breath. Sounds like you haven't had ANY spare time. If you see or talk to Julie, please, tell her Merry Christmas from us.

OK, I went back and read since Sunday.

I don't have any pictures of Kaleigh as an angel, I didn't have my camera.

Barb: Your decorations sound great! Did you find out yet? I need to make more Mickey wreaths for my house, maybe next year I will have more time. :rotfl:

Heidi: Loved the pictures of everyone making cookies. Kaleigh loves to decorate them.

WOW! Jeane posted. We had an awesome time in WDW too. Kaleigh had her umbilical and inguinal hernias repaired.

Heidi: You sure will have a house full!

Sandy: Poor Tyler! I know it will all work out, but it is scary! I have a card for Stacey, but not her new address, could you e-mail it to me?

Now, I need to catch up on what happened while we were on vacation.

It is off to the card store now.

Wow Denine, you are busy. Hang in there, the 1st should be here soon!!! Gald you stopped in, we were missing you. I am so happy everything turned out okay with Kaleigh.

Oh darn it Denine. I would have LOVED to see Kaleigh as an angel. I will email you Stacey's address. That is so sweet of you!

Well, my side of the family get together is tomorrow and of course it is suppose to snow 1-3" of snow. Soooooo, Stacey may or may not be able to come. She said at this point they would come but if it gets icy they probably won't. My step dad won't be coming. He doesn't like to drive in the dark let alone with snow on the roads. He sounded a little bummed tonight.

Hi guys! Just popping in to say hi! Sorry to hear about Tyler, but I'm glad to hear that he's doing much better.

Things are finally slowing down, A LITTLE! On monday, I went to school to see Garry get his XBox 360. Tuesday was Makenzie's class Christmas party. We made Christmas ornaments out of cookie cutters. We took metal cookie cutters and covered them with glue. Then we put them into baggies and added glitter (red, green, sliver, gold) what ever color(s) the kids wanted. Then closed the baggie and shake!!! The cutter gets covered completely and then you take them out and put it on wax paper to dry! They really turned out cute!!! Easy but very cute!!! Any aged child would love it!! The third graders thought it was SUPER!!! Then they had pizza, kool aid singles (they got to pick the flavor they wanted or they could just drink the bottled water we gave out). I made cupcakes and raindeer brownies and the other mom brought cookies. They had a very nice time. Yesterday was their last day of school and today was Brooke's last day until Jan. Also, yesterday my grandma from florida came up for a week. The kids love seeing her!! I still need to go out tomorrow to finish my shopping. It is VERY HARD to get out and shop with little ones in toe! It doesn't work! Today I got Anna Marie at 4pm. She will go home Sat. evening and then we will see her on Christmas day and then she goes to NC to see her half brother with her mom for 4 days and doesn't come home until the 30th. Then she works new years eve so we are suppose to get her for new years eve, BUT we all know how that is going to work out! Oh well.

Tomorrow the kids are going to make Christmas cookies with Anna Marie so I can get the rest of my shopping done. Then I will help them finish the cookies when I get home.

Barb, did you win??? If not we demand a recount!!!! LOL!!!

Jeanne, glad to see you post! I kept looking for you on the 9th. Glad you had a great time! So did we!!!

Sandy, don't worry, I would be here to wish you all a Merry Christmas! I need Stacy's address too!

Did everyone get our Christmas Card with the kids pictures in it???

Well gonna go! I'll be back..... Before Christmas!

TTFN

Julie - I didn't get your card :( The ornaments that you made sound so cute.

Barb - Did you win?

Last night Chris's sister and the family took us out to Red Robin for a thank you for letting them stay with us. I am so torn for the snow we are suppose to get today. Part of me wants it to dump so that Chris's family can see snow falling, but the other part says no snow so I can see my sister!!!

Julie, I absolutely loved all the ideas for the school party....the ornaments, the drink, pizza. Cool! Glad you could see the Big Guy get his prize. I got your card! I sent you a pm earlier about it. I loved the pictures. I was surprised the most out of Garry. He seemed to have grown the most this year.

Stacey braved the storm and came up. She was so stressed once they arrived. Needless to say, they are getting a hotel room and staying in Denver tonight. I told them they could stay here but they declined....we don't have a pool. LOL

Chris had to pick up his girls and what normally takes 2 hours took 3 1/2 hours. Plus he almost went into a ditch. The roads are very slick!!

Sandy: I am so glad that Stacey was able to make it for your family Christmas! Very wise to stay over for the night! I was shocked to see Garry in WDW. He had grown so much!

I hope everyone got the cards I sent out.

We made Christmas cookies yesterday. Kaleigh has gotten really good at decorating.

We have Christmas at my parents tomorrow. It is supposed to start out raining and then turn to snow later on. I hope not much.

Julie: The ornaments sound cute. I will have to remember that.

I am making a bar cookie today to take tomorrow along with a few cutouts. I need to wrap one more present that came yetserday. Jerry needs to wrap his presents and we are going to go to church today so we don't have to tomorrow.

Kaleigh is back to dressing herself and no pain medicine at night.

I am fighting som sort of respiratory bug. I don't have time to get sick.

I forgot to mention that I had an appointment for my toe last week and I don't have to go back. It doesn't hurt anymore and looks great. Now I just have to wait for the nail to grow back.

I will be back before Christmas.

I am all caught up.

Heidi: Loved the cake! Glad you liked your Secret Santa gifts. I love blankets.

Julie: I bet Garry was really excited to get the xbox! We never win anything either.

Poor Tyler.

Barb: Is everything getting back to normal at church? How sad and scary!

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Kaleigh. She did so well. I was able to be with her until she fell asleep. She was in a lot of pain after the surgery and scared and just wanted to go home. They were so good and let me crawl in bed with her to hold her. She just snuggled in. The morphine helped too. It is hard to believe, looking at her, that she just had surgery. THe steri strips are still on and will come off when they are ready. Then I will get to see the incisions. All I know, is I dreaded this moment and put it off for a year. I am glad it is over and we don't have to think about it anymore.

Now, off to get some more stuff done!

Good Morning!!

I am stuffing stockings this morning and getting ready to go to Wal-Mart for the last minute stuff. Think we are going to go to Denver today to Park Meadows for "Fun" shopping.

Things are getting back to normal at the church. The new Pastor is changing so many things it just does not feel like home to me anymore. May start looking for another church but not sure. I love New Life and have gone there for almost 16 years but things feel so different to me.

Ok about the light contest. You are never going to believe what happened. I am so upset it is taking a while to set in with me. On Wednesday the day of judging Bob stayed home and decided to add a few more string of lights. The house was all lit up and pretty when I got home from work at 5:00. At 7:30 I was watching TV and the lights started flickering. We blew something and still have no idea what. The outside of the house was competely dark when the judges came by. So I am sure we were disqualified. They have not announced the winners yet so unless the judges came by before 7:30 which is not likely, we are out of it. Bob is still trying to fix the problem. All the outlets in the bathrooms are not working.

All that hard work for nothing. It is been one heck of a hard December for us.

Oh no Barb. That really sucks about the power. I guess you guess could have a movie written about you! LOL I am absolutely not surprised by your comment about the church and the new pastor. I don't take to change well so I would probably feel the same. I used to go to church once a week or sometimes twice a week in SO DAK but when we moved here, I never found a church that I could settle in. I liked the small church and coming out here to mega churches with political agendas just totally turned me off. I still believe and pray but do not attend church. The last time I attended it was my nephews baptism and the minister (we are Lutherans) was preaching during his sermon which presidential candidate to vote for.

Denine, glad you had a chance to take a quick break for yourself and get caught up. Things will slow down here soon.

Guess what???!!!! I am soooo excited. Darren and I have been talking back and forth via email lately and he is going on our next cruise. I am so excited. I love that guy to pieces. We are going Sept 12-19 2009. It will be going to St Thomas and Tortola. He can't remember his password to the boards but he might reappear as a different name. He wants to get back on the DISboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter