October 2011 Car Rental Rates

We actively check Hotwire every other day to see if rental prices drop, but they only seem to go up. I hope it's true that they drop about 30 days out!

In the mean-time, we found a deal using our Costco Membership. We were able to reserve a compact with Enterprise for 9 DAYS in Oct. for a total of $212.00 (including fees & taxes). One of the benefits of using your Costco membership is that you are entitled to a free upgrade in size! So, we'll get one size larger than a compact.

NOTE** This is the type of reservation that you can cancel & doesn't require payment up front!

The car rental prices are killing me!! I have a question though- there are 5 of us (4 adults and 1 child in booster seat) plus all our luggage coming from MCO. What size car do we need? Will Full-size be big enough?? If we can't fit all our luggage in- can we send our luggage with ME to Disney and then drive our car there? TIA for help!!

The car rental prices are killing me!! I have a question though- there are 5 of us (4 adults and 1 child in booster seat) plus all our luggage coming from MCO. What size car do we need? Will Full-size be big enough?? If we can't fit all our luggage in- can we send our luggage with ME to Disney and then drive our car there? TIA for help!!

It kind of depends on how big the people and carseat are. A full-size car (Alamo compares to a Chevrolet Impala) should fit 5 people and 4 pieces of luggage.

Thanks... None of us are very big (me and DB/f are 5'4 and about 140lbs, and my parents not much bigger) So hopefully we can squish everything in!!

Right now we just booked the cheapest we could find through priceline (Advantage:confused3) Hoping we will find something cheaper so we can rebook as we get closer or name our own price. Just wanted to have something or else I would start freaking out!!

Right now we just booked the cheapest we could find through priceline (Advantage:confused3) Hoping we will find something cheaper so we can rebook as we get closer or name our own price. Just wanted to have something or else I would start freaking out!!

I completely understand. I also have booked a full-size through Alamo for $397.75. :scared1: AUGH! That is more than twice what we paid last trip when we had an SUV.

I am also keeping my fingers crossed that we get a lower rate as it gets closer so we can rebook, but unfortunately, we haven't seen much movement yet.

We booked for $292 for a mid-size...but I know nothing about Advantage car rental!! We are going to keep looking and hopefully find something a little or a LOT) cheaper...

Hopefully rates go down as we get closer to Oct.

I miss getting a van for $30 a day through alamo last year. Doubt I'll get that this year.

Anyone getting any better deals? It's 2 months till Oct so hoping something good comes along soon.

I checked Alamo today and my rate dropped about $10. Maybe its the sign of lower prices to come. popcorn::

We booked for $292 for a mid-size...but I know nothing about Advantage car rental!! We are going to keep looking and hopefully find something a little or a LOT) cheaper...

Advantage is owned by Hertz, they share the same car fleet. Used to be called Simply Wheelz by Hertz.

I checked Alamo today and my rate dropped about $10. Maybe its the sign of lower prices to come. popcorn::

Let's hope so........ My rates haven't moved.

Advantage is owned by Hertz, they share the same car fleet. Used to be called Simply Wheelz by Hertz.

Hmmmmmm, do you pick your own car with advantage or do they assign you a car?

Just to ease your mind, if your full-size is a Chevy Impala, we own one and have loaded it for several trips - you will be fine - we drove with 4 adults, 4 suitcases, a tent, a cooler, 2 camp chairs and a few backpacks, and all our stuff fit in the trunk just fine!:thumbsup2

Just to ease your mind, if your full-size is a Chevy Impala, we own one and have loaded it for several trips - you will be fine - we drove with 4 adults, 4 suitcases, a tent, a cooler, 2 camp chairs and a few backpacks, and all our stuff fit in the trunk just fine!:thumbsup2

Thank you so much- That makes me feel a lot better!!! I was getting nervous we would have to strap someone to the roof!

And Corster- thanks! I had no idea that Advantage was owned by Hertz!

Now to just keep watching those prices and hope for them to come back down!

Here's pretty good deal through Hertz if you're a AAA member. From their website:

AAA Members Save $75 On A Weekly Rental when you visit Arizona, California or Florida!

Save $75 on Weekly Rentals on Economy through Full size vehicles with PC# 159386 at airport locations in Arizona, California and Florida. Offer valid for vehicle pickup 8/22/11 through 12/15/11!

I just cancelled my Thrifty (standard) reservation I had booked for 10/5-12 @ $215.79 & re-booked with this Hertz offer. My new total with Hertz is $209.86. Not a huge savings but since I'm a #1 Gold member I really prefer to use Hertz for the convenience if at all possible. You may save even more if your rental doesn't fall over a holiday weekend like mine.

Good luck!

re hertz promo you do need to plug in your AAA code, priced out $248 for intermediate for me for 8 days beginning 10/1 full size approx $20 more

Here's pretty good deal through Hertz if you're a AAA member. From their website:

AAA Members Save $75 On A Weekly Rental when you visit Arizona, California or Florida!

Save $75 on Weekly Rentals on Economy through Full size vehicles with PC# 159386 at airport locations in Arizona, California and Florida. Offer valid for vehicle pickup 8/22/11 through 12/15/11!

I just cancelled my Thrifty (standard) reservation I had booked for 10/5-12 @ $215.79 & re-booked with this Hertz offer. My new total with Hertz is $209.86. Not a huge savings but since I'm a #1 Gold member I really prefer to use Hertz for the convenience if at all possible. You may save even more if your rental doesn't fall over a holiday weekend like mine.

Good luck!

How were you able to use that coupon? I'm trying to see the cost of it for our trip.

re hertz promo you do need to plug in your AAA code, priced out $248 for intermediate for me for 8 days beginning 10/1 full size approx $20 more

It didn't ask me to plug in my AAA #, but I have been asked for it at MCO.

How were you able to use that coupon? I'm trying to see the cost of it for our trip.

Here's what I did.

Went to Hertz website, click on Special Offers Tab. Then, AAA/CAA tab. Click on AAA save $75 on a Weekly Rental link. That brings you to the page that describes the promo. Click on Quote It. It automatically filled in the Discount/CDP/Club Code. That # is 1805452. It also auto filled the PC code (159386). I plugged in pick up & drop off at MCO. My dates were 10/5-12. It worked for me. Not sure why it isn't working for anyone else, but hope this additional info helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter