October 2011 Car Rental Rates

It didn't ask me to plug in my AAA #, but I have been asked for it at MCO.

Here's what I did.

Went to Hertz website, click on Special Offers Tab. Then, AAA/CAA tab. Click on AAA save $75 on a Weekly Rental link. That brings you to the page that describes the promo. Click on Quote It. It automatically filled in the Discount/CDP/Club Code. That # is 1805452. It also auto filled the PC code (159386). I plugged in pick up & drop off at MCO. My dates were 10/5-12. It worked for me. Not sure why it isn't working for anyone else, but hope this additional info helps.

Ok I see now. I was looking at AAA site.

Advantage is owned by Hertz, they share the same car fleet. Used to be called Simply Wheelz by Hertz.

We have used Advantage here in Wisconsin and it was a good experience. I would try them in Florida as well if they had good prices!

We currently have a minivan booked through Alamo for our 9 days at the end of October for $371.90 total. I'm hoping to either find a much better rate, or if smaller cars are cheaper DH and I will just rent two for our family of 6.

We currently have a minivan booked through Alamo for our 9 days at the end of October for $371.90 total. I'm hoping to either find a much better rate, or if smaller cars are cheaper DH and I will just rent two for our family of 6.

How did you get that rate? I can't get anything lower than $700.

I'm still suffering from sticker shock after getting a great rate last Christmas, but for the end of October, I finally gave in a booked a weekend (4 days) from National with for $196.00 - and that's with a free day with a Visa code, so three days for a full-size car costs $196.00 from the Car Care Center - it was $50 more from MCO.:confused3 I can't wait to see some deals as it gets closer - DH really wants an SUV, and he also wants to get it at MCO so we can choose our car from the row. But, at least I have something!

Question for you guys....got a decent rate with Dollar, at Sanford. Renting from Sunday, Oct 16 to Sunday, Oct 23, for $187. Now, it says, on my conf, that this is the 'estimated grand total'. Is there any chance they will increase the amount?? It's bad enough that I'm using a debit card to rent with...I don't want any surprises when I get to the desk.

Question for you guys....got a decent rate with Dollar, at Sanford. Renting from Sunday, Oct 16 to Sunday, Oct 23, for $187. Now, it says, on my conf, that this is the 'estimated grand total'. Is there any chance they will increase the amount?? It's bad enough that I'm using a debit card to rent with...I don't want any surprises when I get to the desk.
They will honor the rate they quoted you for renting the vehicle. But if taxes or fees not under their control change, then you will have to pay the those amounts.

That fine print is mostly there for prepaid gas (different cars have different size tanks, and they don't know what specific car you'll have until you rent). And if you take any of the add-ons when you walk-up.

I think Alamo has just completely lost their minds. I just re-checked to see if the price for my rental has gone down and it has almost DOUBLED!! Oct 22-28, full size, using EB code and coupon comes to $472.55. :scared1::scared1::scared1: I had to check 3 times to make sure i wasnt renting it for a month. Totally outrageous!!!

How did you get that rate? I can't get anything lower than $700.

I booked it a long time ago, and now I can't remember what contract code I used...and my ressie has it xxx'd out??? Pretty sure it was a code from Mousesavers though. I will try and figure it out if I can and let you know.

I was able to also book a minivan through Budget for our dates using BCD X474200 and coupon MUWZ023. The total on the ressie came out to $415 and some change and that is without the coupon code being removed from the total.

Hope this helps!

Looking for a code to get a decent deal (hopefully on a SUV!) On Oct 1-8...best so far is $358 with taxes...anyone have any codes?

Edit: just booked a full-size crossover for $344 after all taxes and fees...picking up at the disney car care center on Oct 1 (will take ME to disney LATE (like 1 am) on sep 30. Alamo will pick you up, right?

And, I'm an idiot. I completely forgot that I have no credit cards anymore...really trying to get caught up. So, we use only our debit card. And Dollar is going to put a huge hold on my account, right???

It didn't ask me to plug in my AAA #, but I have been asked for it at MCO.

Here's what I did.

Went to Hertz website, click on Special Offers Tab. Then, AAA/CAA tab. Click on AAA save $75 on a Weekly Rental link. That brings you to the page that describes the promo. Click on Quote It. It automatically filled in the Discount/CDP/Club Code. That # is 1805452. It also auto filled the PC code (159386). I plugged in pick up & drop off at MCO. My dates were 10/5-12. It worked for me. Not sure why it isn't working for anyone else, but hope this additional info helps.

For what it's worth, I have a reservation through AAA for 10/22 - 10/31 with this coupon for $316 for an intermediate. I suspect it will go down significantly as we get closer to the date, as that is what happened last year with around the same price this far out from our scheduled trip.

I do check every other day or so to see if there have been any changes. As an aside, does anyone know if it's possible to have two concurrent reservations? Have a one week reservation with a weekly coupon and then have a weekend reservation with a weekend coupon?

As an aside, does anyone know if it's possible to have two concurrent reservations? Have a one week reservation with a weekly coupon and then have a weekend reservation with a weekend coupon?

I would assume this wouldn't be a problem except you'll have to take back the car at the end of the week and re-rent it for the weekend. You'll probably get a different car. Depending on where you are turning it in, that may be more trouble than its worth. I personally would not like having to drive to MCO and do the rental process again. You could call the rental company and check with them.

Could you rent for a week, turn it in at the Car Care Center or DTD, then rent something from there? Again, not sure, if it would be worth the hassle. :confused3

Keep the codes coming, as MikeP22 stated I hope they drop as it gets closer with them wanting to move rentals.

I hope they drop as well. I did call Dollar and they told me they were changing the primary driver to my dh since he has a corporate cc in his name. Now, we'll just have to see if they truly did that.
Otherwise, I'll be looking for a new rental, closer to our dates.

sent via email by National. It's for $35 off weekly rental, Saturday keep, now extended thru 12/15 and it wasn't blacked out for my dates in October:)

We got a midsize SUV thru Alamo at the Dolphin Resort using a BJ's online coupon for $259 total for 8 days the last week in October.

Waiting for rates to drop, but I have 2 rentals so far - one with National for a weekend using a visa code and coupon from CCC - full-size $196.18, then another with Alamo, also CCC, but standard SUV using a combination Walmart code (free driver) and Visa coupon and for a full week - $269.41. Not bad, but hoping we can do better! So far, the week long one would be a better deal - when I tried the same codes for the airport, it was $100 more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter